Fantasy Fallout - Culpepper to Miami: Great Read! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fantasy Fallout - Culpepper to Miami: Great Read!

Calvin Clean

Miami will surprise in 2009
Reaction score
Miami got a steal in Culpepper!!

Now we have a QB to be proud of. Remember, Culpepper is big, fast, accurate, and one of the strongest arms in football. I expect Chambers to put up monster numbers, especially now that he has a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball and take advantage of Chambers' speed and deep catching ability.

Here are some good quotes from Yahoo fantasy sports expert, Brandon Funston:

Culpepper's Impact on Chambers

First and foremost, he (Culpepper) inherits one of the most talented receivers in the league in Chris Chambers a player that can make tough, acrobatic catches in traffic and has a knack for the goal line. His skills work well in a vertical passing game and he's never played with a QB that can throw the deep ball like Culpepper. Chambers had his best fantasy season in '05, but a healthy Culpepper would make him even better. Their connection could very well be reminiscent of the hay days of Culpepper and Randy Moss in Minnesota.
Culpepper's Impact on McMichael

Culpepper also has one of the league's top pass-catching TEs in Randy McMichael who has averaged 67 catches, 687 yards and 4.5 TDs in the past two seasons. Culpepper has a strong track record for finding his tight end, as he hooked up with Jermaine Wiggins 71 times in '04, Jim Kleinsasser 46 times in '03 and Byron Chamberlain 57 times in '01. McMichael is young (26) and his future remains bright with Culpepper distributing the pass load.
Miami's Fantasy Value

If Culpepper can come into the '06 season healthy (he's said to be on schedule), I'm moving all of the Dolphins' skill position players up on my draft board. Chambers becomes a solid top 10 pick among WRs (instead of borderline top 10), McMichael pushes the top five of fantasy tight ends, and Ronnie Brown, depending on how the Ricky Williams issue shakes out, could enter discussions of the top dozen fantasy backs. As for Culpepper – coming off major knee surgery – move him back into your QB top five as soon as his rehab reports satisfy those concerns about his knee.

It was only a couple years ago that this team was a barren fantasy wasteland. How quickly things can change.
:mor911: :mdfin: :hysterikill:
Link: http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analy...ue=fantasy/nfl

BLITZKRIEG said:
Good read. Chambers was GOLD for me last year, I can't wait to see what he can do now...

PHINZ RULE!!
Chambers was Gold for me as well last year. Now I can consider drafting Culpepper as a starting fantasy QB. We have been in the QB desert for 6+ years. It will be nice to see the Miami offense in action in 2006!

Back
Top Bottom