Fantasy Offseason: Joe Thuney/Brandon Scherff and David Andrews? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fantasy Offseason: Joe Thuney/Brandon Scherff and David Andrews?

El Canadian

Active Roster
Reaction score
So we have some money to spend and we have the 3rd overall draft pick... If we were to sign 2 of the following, we'd arguably have one of the best Offensive Lines with a mix of youth and veteran experience.

Why the f*** would we do this?

Well, our Oline would have A.Jackson - Flowers(Kindley) - Andrews - Thuney/Scherff - R.Hunt
I personally believe this is pretty solid, and an Oline that is built to win now with plenty of room for progression. (Flowers' contract ends after next season so we wouldn't need to bring him back if Kindley continues to progress).

This allows us to trade back with the #3. We need play makers, simple as that. Why not Devonta Smith who has experience with Tua? He's killed it this year in college and is a Heisman candidate (some would say favourite). This almost makes too much sense for us.

Basically although a lot of people want us to sign big name WR free agents, the more I think about it.. I'd rather use that money on proven O-lineman (especially those who Flores has experience with), and use our draft picks on the skill positions.

Thoughts?

Thuney is going to be courted and expensive. The Jets are rumored to be chomping at the bit for him. I'm never sold on lineman being made the highest paid at their position. The misses are like 10-1 on those deals. So many variables to good offensive line play.

I'd draft Our Offensive Lineman, I'd add maybe 3 more in next draft with another 1st rounder spent on a Tackle or Guard as well.. A good offensive line is never a bad investment.. Ideally i'd like to see Hunt move to RG and move on from Ereck Flowers.

I´d prefer to bring a backup veteran at QB if Fitz is not returning, watching TUA this season has been very disappointing . Wentz, Darnold and Dalton will be benched next year and may compete with TUA and another late rounder.

I honestly don't know how our OL is rated. Do we resign Karras? Flowers apparently was playing well before his injury. Do we stick with him? Is Hunt a true RT or does he need to be moved to OG. Will Deiter ever be anything more than a backup or can he eventually start? Is Jackson the real thing at LT? I think he is. Yes, we could easily solve most of the OL issues with our first pick if we wanted (no, I'm not in favor of this).

Back
Top Bottom