Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers

Discussion in 'Dolphins Podcasts and Social Media' started by uk_dolfan, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP

We are discussing other options not just a sub forum, so hang tight, nothing is finalized.

fishfanmiami and ckparrothead like this.
  2. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

This is an effort to try and make it easier to find podcasts. And if anybody uses the new posts feature they can find it easily regardless

3. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Again its a trial, we are looking at various different options.

4. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

Is there anyway to make the "new posts" button much bigger? Because i think it's the main forums best kept secret. For whatever reason I dont think the majority of people know about that feature.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I truly appreciate it.

Daytona Fin likes this.
  6. sunworshipper

sunworshipper FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

There's a "New Posts" button?

7. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

For me on mobile it shows at the top of the page in the orange banner. You click on new posts and it shows you all the new threads with new posts since you've last viewed the thread or a brand new thread all together

sunworshipper likes this.
  8. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Might I make the suggestion of if one of our friends with a podcast post a new one that we have a breaking news feature similar to what was done for March Madness?

9. NyPhan23

NyPhan23 Starter

fwiw - I'm not a fan of a subforum either. For example, just today I saw CK posted the new episode of 3ypc on Twitter, so I came here to get his teaser write up on the main forum. I think for all the hard work that they put in, and are sharing with us, we shouldn't banish them from the main forum. Personally, I enjoy those threads more than the garbage that the beat writers try to spin into some facade of a story this time of year. I know nothing is finalized yet, and we'd still be able to find these threads, but figured worth sharing my opinion. There is certainly way more visitors to the main forum than any subforum, and I think they deserve the exposure.

Thanks for the hard work CK, to you and your fellow podcasters.

ckparrothead likes this.
  10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

This is great feedback and it's perfect because this is what I'm trying to do with those teaser threads. I'm trying to create something that makes people want to do BOTH things...listen to the podcast AND go to FinHeaven and look for the teaser thread to read it (and discuss).

11. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

It's hard to disagree with this, imo, though I do think there's a difference between sharing an article and promoting your own product.

Though to be fair, if Adam Beasley was a poster here and started threads for his own articles, would anyone bust his chops for that?

Print is shrinking as a medium people want to consume, sadly. Podcasts are growing. It's the way of the world. Finheaven would be smart to recognize and accept that.

12. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

It's no secret that I've long taken issue with the ability of perfect strangers, some of them trolls, with no credibility to roll into our flagship forum and immediately demand attention by starting threads, some of them redundant and/or contentiously in-your-face ones based on whatever their agenda or hot button.

I will look in the sub-section but if main forum inclusion is important to respected, contributing long-standing credible members like CK, MikeO, Travis and others who have more than proven to be an asset to FH, I'm fine with that too.

Maybe a compromise is the ability to announce the podcast in the main forum with a link to the sub-forum. Would something like that fly?