Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers

Still amazing to me that the majority of the feedback in here was that our podcast threads shouldn’t necessarily get shoved into some lightly traveled sub forum, but that’s what is happening anyway.

Counter productive to pretty much everyone. I don’t think a single stakeholder in this decision actually wins.

Still amazing to me that the majority of the feedback in here was that our podcast threads shouldn’t necessarily get shoved into some lightly traveled sub forum, but that’s what is happening anyway.

Counter productive to pretty much everyone. I don’t think a single stakeholder in this decision actually wins.
Who's losing?

The board is losing traffic that would otherwise be inspired by these threads, which used to be fairly active threads for discussion back before they were all being shoved in the broom closet.

The posters are losing that discussion, and exposure to podcasts they may potentially like.

The podcasters are losing platform and exposure.

All because a previously non-existent administrative policy poofed into existence saying that if you start a thread about your latest podcast, it is prohibited from remaining in the main forum.

The board is losing traffic that would otherwise be inspired by these threads, which used to be fairly active threads for discussion back before they were all being shoved in the broom closet.

The posters are losing that discussion, and exposure to podcasts they may potentially like.

All because a previously non-existent administrative policy poofed into existence saying that if you start a thread about your latest podcast, it is prohibited from remaining in the main forum.
Oh really. And you know this how? Did you become a member of the staff? Did you take over running FinHeaven from Wildbill3? Did you buy FinHeaven from Henrik? No? I didn't think so.

Just because your little podcast was moved to the correct forum doesn't mean FinHeaven has suffered. I know you want people to think that, but that just isn't the case.

Oh really. And you know this how? Did you become a member of the staff? Did you take over running FinHeaven from Wildbill3? Did you buy FinHeaven from Henrik? No? I didn't think so.

Just because your little podcast was moved to the correct forum doesn't mean FinHeaven has suffered. I know you want people to think that, but that just isn't the case.

A simple perusal of the 3ypc comment and read statistics, which are neatly printed right next to the thread titles, before and after the institution of this policy will show you that yes, there's traffic and discussion being lost.

But go on acting petulant about the topic.

A simple perusal of the 3ypc comment and read statistics, which are neatly printed right next to the thread titles, before and after the institution of this policy will show you that yes, there's traffic and discussion being lost.

But go on acting petulant about the topic.
The fact of thr matter is this. You're upset because you no longer get to have your podcast promoted, for free, in the main forum. So the only site that might be suffering is your podcast.

So if anyone is acting petulant that would be you because you can't accept that things change.

Oh and just a quick little snippet from the TOS page that YOU agreed to when you became a member here.

These policies are subject to change without notice. So please check back often.

Source: https://finheaven.com/threads/privacy-and-terms-of-service.304589/

The fact of thr matter is this. You're upset because you no longer get to have your podcast promoted, for free, in the main forum. So the only site that might be suffering is your podcast.

So if anyone is acting petulant that would be you because you can't accept that things change.

Oh and just a quick little snippet from the TOS page that YOU agreed to when you became a member here.

Source: https://finheaven.com/threads/privacy-and-terms-of-service.304589/

Hey man it's your world, we're all just living in it. Go ahead and create an administrative rule that didn't exist before and which can be shown in clear ways to detract from clicks, reads, and comments, for seemingly no reason other than to be needlessly officious. It's not a big deal to me.

But do let me know when there's another fund drive asking posters to please sign up for VIP because the site is struggling. I'll be sure to take a look.

Oh please. FH has more traffic on any given day than your podcast. It's not even close.
The only one who would benefit from that is your podcast.

You are attached to a for-profit corporation. You want special treatment you can advertise. Otherwise you will be listed with all other podcasts.

It is actually quite offensive for you to ask to be moved to the main on a fan site when your happy threesome mocked the very same fans as being stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please. FH has more traffic on any given day than your podcast. It's not even close.
The only one who would benefit from that is your podcast.

You are attached to a for-profit corporation. You want special treatment you can advertise. Otherwise you will be listed with all other podcasts.

It is actually quite offensive for you to ask to be moved to the main on a fan site when your happy threesome mocked the very same fans as being stupid.

That's rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man it's your world, we're all just living in it. Go ahead and create an administrative rule that didn't exist before and which can be shown in clear ways to detract from clicks, reads, and comments, for seemingly no reason other than to be needlessly officious. It's not a big deal to me.

But do let me know when there's another fund drive asking posters to please sign up for VIP because the site is struggling. I'll be sure to take a look.
Do be careful that you don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Wow, you're arrogant.

No need to wait for a fund drive. You can donate anytime.

I defintely was introduced to 3ypc by ck posting them in the main. But now that I know I'm interested in them, its really not a big deal to click on the sub forum. I get ck's point that less people check out the subs, but it is what it is. And I agree with the sentiment that posting these podcasts elsewhere isnt losing any traffic from the site. How many people log on each day to check for a new podcast?? More likely, it is seen by people already browsing the forum. Also, lets be real, even when the threads WERE in the main, they didnt really get that much discussion going on- usually just a handful of posts

Back
Top Bottom