Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers

Screenshot_20190830-112423_Google.jpgScreenshot_20190830-112423_Google.jpg

Awesome soundtrack. You dont take advice elsewhise I'd say check it out sometime. Also I'm pretty sure we're the same age, noone has called anyone buster since senior citizens did it in the 80's.

Secondly.... I hadnt been drinking.. the post wouldve been worse had I been drinking... I STARTED drinking when i sat down...but I guess that's just semantics...

And like I said this is your cute little hobby, and it's an awesome one. My advice was very honest. Alcohol at that level doesnt really have alter me at that stage. My cute little hobbies have been...back in college, designing websites for others in exchange for alcohol, in my mid-late 20s editting research papers for my bartender friends... free alcohol while doing it, I did draw the line at tutoring my friends kids for alcohol...that was for beer money.

So I'm good at my hobby now which is playing on finheaven while having a couple beers.

Like I said, you dont have to listen to anything j say. I had a couple mods and admins tell me not to bother with you. I mentioned as soon as u saw it was slimm I cared about, not you, you wouldnt read my post but IDGAF I was gonna write a book anyways so I could stay on topic about how to help your site.

So yeah just trying to show you a little love, appreciate, and advice giving in one post. I know my biggest flaw is my weight, drinking 2nd... and I know this. It stings a little when people mention I might need to work on it. So me telling you to quit being so full of yourself ALL THE TIME is something you knpw, you know it's a horrible flaw that is restricting the site, podcast, your partner's, it just stings when people tell you that will help your hobby.

We all have problems and we are all here to help each other out :) much love and stay safe from the storms. Black screen and dueces....report that means I'm getting cutScreenshot_20190830-112423_Google.jpg

I didn't read it. Skimmed a few words.

Oh great, a thousand word essay from a guy who has been drinking that basically amounts to, "Ya know what your problem is, buster?"

I'll pass.

Guy says he likes you and would recommend your podcast to other fans inquiring about one....and this is all you amount his post to?

Cmon CK....

That's what people aren't getting, here. My bringing up the issue has nothing to do with believing threads on a message board are going to materially impact our listener counts. Trust me, they're not. We have way too many listeners for that to even be a blip on our radar. And I have way too many other things in my life, a real job being one of them, to fight tooth and nail for an extra 0.5% listenership on a podcast whose seasonal revenues barely qualify as weekend money in my budget.
Im just curious here, why did you start posting back in the main at the same time you launched your podcast then? I mean you were gone, you litterally just started posting on the main again when you started your podcast.

And while you say dont really give a ****, you're the only one crying about that new policy...

Last edited:
I wonder if "curiosity" is your real motivation.

But anyway you're wrong. Sorry to be blunt. Even a superficial, cursory examination of thread titles from before March 23rd, 2018 (our pilot episode release date) shows that I've been posting consistently in the Main Forum before that date. I see threads from March, February, January, etc...all with my little avatar's icon in the bottom-right corner saying, "hey there, you've participated in this thread!".

Imagine that.

However, it is true that I'm much more active in the Draft Forum. My participation in the Main Forum has been sporadic (including before AND after the first episode of podcast) because there are a handful of insufferable posters, some of them moderators, who seem to make it their job to squelch legit Dolphins conversation and turn everything into some game of personal vendettas and pissing matches. It's tiresome, so I'd just assume not bother with it.

It's also true that I mostly participate in another forum that, though it has no shortage of people with personal vendettas and tendencies to want to play keyboard tough guy, is much more thoroughly moderated, in order to provide for productive Dolphins discussion rather than a bunch of food fights.

One feature that other forum uses that I rather like, and it also uses XenForo by the way so I know it's available here, is the Block function. It works like Twitter. I think that would really improve things around here, personally.

What I "don't give a sh-t" about is adding more listeners via Finheaven threads, because I'm not a fool and I recognize that Finheaven threads do not incrementally affect our listenership numbers to any significant degree. But I clearly DO care about Finheaven, the policies here which are productive and unproductive, the quality of discussion here, and having a productive space for discussion. I have been here since 2002, after all, and there is literally only one poster here who has more posts than I do.

Oh please. FH has more traffic on any given day than your podcast. It's not even close.
The only one who would benefit from that is your podcast.

You are attached to a for-profit corporation. You want special treatment you can advertise. Otherwise you will be listed with all other podcasts.

It is actually quite offensive for you to ask to be moved to the main on a fan site when your happy threesome mocked the very same fans as being stupid.
:munch:

The fact of thr matter is this. You're upset because you no longer get to have your podcast promoted, for free, in the main forum. So the only site that might be suffering is your podcast.

So if anyone is acting petulant that would be you because you can't accept that things change.

Oh and just a quick little snippet from the TOS page that YOU agreed to when you became a member here.

Source: https://finheaven.com/threads/privacy-and-terms-of-service.304589/
:munch:

[...] One feature that other forum uses that I rather like, and it also uses XenForo by the way so I know it's available here, is the Block function. It works like Twitter. I think that would really improve things around here, personally. [...]

A little late to the party, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that it's at least possible to ignore users. The option appears by clicking on a users Name.

Back
Top Bottom