Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fao Finheaven Podcasters/viewers

I don't agree with that. The Main Forum gets a lot more traffic than any Sub-Forum would get. In order to get to the Sub-Forum the user has to click through a link from the Main Forum. When it comes to web traffic, that's a significant barrier, especially if users are used to scrolling down and see what new threads have been created and/or what news headlines there are.

In this case I think it would be like taking a discretionary product from the front of the store where its packaging has a chance at catching the customer's eye, and replacing it with a sign that says "All candy items in the back".
We are discussing other options not just a sub forum, so hang tight, nothing is finalized.

This is an effort to try and make it easier to find podcasts. And if anybody uses the new posts feature they can find it easily regardless

Again its a trial, we are looking at various different options.

Is there anyway to make the "new posts" button much bigger? Because i think it's the main forums best kept secret. For whatever reason I dont think the majority of people know about that feature.

There's a "New Posts" button?

For me on mobile it shows at the top of the page in the orange banner. You click on new posts and it shows you all the new threads with new posts since you've last viewed the thread or a brand new thread all together

Might I make the suggestion of if one of our friends with a podcast post a new one that we have a breaking news feature similar to what was done for March Madness?

fwiw - I'm not a fan of a subforum either. For example, just today I saw CK posted the new episode of 3ypc on Twitter, so I came here to get his teaser write up on the main forum. I think for all the hard work that they put in, and are sharing with us, we shouldn't banish them from the main forum. Personally, I enjoy those threads more than the garbage that the beat writers try to spin into some facade of a story this time of year. I know nothing is finalized yet, and we'd still be able to find these threads, but figured worth sharing my opinion. There is certainly way more visitors to the main forum than any subforum, and I think they deserve the exposure.

Thanks for the hard work CK, to you and your fellow podcasters.

fwiw - I'm not a fan of a subforum either. For example, just today I saw CK posted the new episode of 3ypc on Twitter, so I came here to get his teaser write up on the main forum. I think for all the hard work that they put in, and are sharing with us, we shouldn't banish them from the main forum. Personally, I enjoy those threads more than the garbage that the beat writers try to spin into some facade of a story this time of year. I know nothing is finalized yet, and we'd still be able to find these threads, but figured worth sharing my opinion. There is certainly way more visitors to the main forum than any subforum, and I think they deserve the exposure.

Thanks for the hard work CK, to you and your fellow podcasters.

This is great feedback and it's perfect because this is what I'm trying to do with those teaser threads. I'm trying to create something that makes people want to do BOTH things...listen to the podcast AND go to FinHeaven and look for the teaser thread to read it (and discuss).

Bingo.

Right now in the forum there are 50 threads on the first page, and at least 60-70% of those threads are single-link article drops.

But posting a thread about a new weekly podcast, THOSE are clutter that need to be cleaned off the Main Forum?

It's hard to disagree with this, imo, though I do think there's a difference between sharing an article and promoting your own product.

Though to be fair, if Adam Beasley was a poster here and started threads for his own articles, would anyone bust his chops for that?

Print is shrinking as a medium people want to consume, sadly. Podcasts are growing. It's the way of the world. Finheaven would be smart to recognize and accept that.

It's no secret that I've long taken issue with the ability of perfect strangers, some of them trolls, with no credibility to roll into our flagship forum and immediately demand attention by starting threads, some of them redundant and/or contentiously in-your-face ones based on whatever their agenda or hot button.

I will look in the sub-section but if main forum inclusion is important to respected, contributing long-standing credible members like CK, MikeO, Travis and others who have more than proven to be an asset to FH, I'm fine with that too.

Maybe a compromise is the ability to announce the podcast in the main forum with a link to the sub-forum. Would something like that fly?

This is great feedback and it's perfect because this is what I'm trying to do with those teaser threads. I'm trying to create something that makes people want to do BOTH things...listen to the podcast AND go to FinHeaven and look for the teaser thread to read it (and discuss).

I agree CK...and your reminders often remind me to check out the new episode... which I like (minus Simon’s political jabs).

The football content is great and I don’t miss an episode!

It is a free advertisement for a podcast nothing more and nothing less...if you cared you would offer some sort of compensation to post it on here. No one is coming to Finheaven hoping to see the next podcast, they come across it while already on the forum. It leads to almost no discussion expect when one of the fancasters decided to take an idiotic stance.

Honestly (and I know I'm in one now) 95% of the time I come to Finheaven and only look at the 1st page on the main forum and that's all, including VIP. I miss most sub forum content, just the way I am. I actually hate sub forums. I'd rather just see every post on one forum but have like the first 200 or so displayed on one page. I know I'm in the minority. I hate it when I'm actively posting in a thread that could be considered Dolphins related, depending on your perspective, and it get moved to a sub forum for not being Dolphins related. I pretty much never go back to it again and find that is the case with most of the folks who were participating in the discussion and that's a shame.

Honestly I don't mind the article link or Podcast threads in the mains. I'd rather have a "Trade Idea" because most are hair brain/Madden ideas and "Tanking in 2019" to remove that garbage but that's just me.

As far as the podcasts, I listen to CK's and Travis Wingfield's podcasts every time they are available during the season. I don't bother during the offseason but the bottom line is I don't need a finheaven thread to tell me they are available either way. If I'm into it, like I am during the season, I'm well aware when they are released especially considering Apple Podcast and Podbeam send alerts.

Back
Top Bottom