Fason not a top 10 Rb? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fason not a top 10 Rb?

ChambersWI said:
I honestly think there are 9-10 guys better than Fason (but that does not mean that they will be drafted before him)

1.Brown
2.Caddy
3.Benson
4.Arrington
5.Morency
6.Moats
7.Sproles
8.Barber
9.Shelton

ok maybe he's top 10, but IMO these are all guys better than him

Morency and Sproles arent better than Fason. Sproles may die the first time Urlacher or some other BIG LB hits him. And Morency is even slower than Fason.

I believe fason should be the back we get in 2nd(from trade) or third if one isn't takin in the first.

I know there is some question about his maturity but I think him having a wife and kids should be able to guide him in the right direction. I think that is one of the reasons why he declared early. I honestly believe he will be a franchise runningback in this league. I really hope saban is considering him. His ability to catch and run plus be the lone back in the formation and produce is promising. And I know he can run between the tackles. I think his performance against the number one rated fsu run defense which happens to be their biggest rival is telling, only back to break 100 yds against fsu in 04(103yds), 78 in 4th quarter, game winning touchdown, 4.3ypc against 1.87ypc avg. . This is something that benson couldn't seem to do against oklahoma...their biggest rival.

ps. stats come from THE MOLE, thanks

I don't have him in my top 10 after his pro day and weigh in. He's 207 pounds, runs a 4.7 40 yard dash and is very raw. Not one of the best prospects on paper, but I've seen him a few times and he looks a lot faster than that, if he dropped to the 3rd I don't know if we should take him or not, hopefully Marion Barber is still there.

Call me crazy but im not that excited about getting the 10th best Rb in the draft with a day one pick. Why not trade for Alexander or James with a day one pick? Yea its more money but the talent is a lot different also. Alexander and James are polished also, not a raw rookie that needs years to develop.

huh? gore will be there so will McClindean(sp) or how ever u spell his name from nc state will still be there, arrington will be there harris from wvu will be there...all these are great backs

And the 4.70 40 was a myth, he ran a 4.60 according to NFL.com.

just curious, was Gore THAT impressive in workouts? 3 weeks ago he wasn't even supposed to be drafted until the 6th or 7th round. Now he's a probable 3rd rounder.

He ran a Legit NFL.com 4.62, he wasnt impressive, he is just getting love from this forum.

Joey 22 said:
He ran a Legit NFL.com 4.62, he wasnt impressive, he is just getting love from this forum.

apparantly the ESPN crew for the Draft Special posts here.

wait... they do!!! They don't like Ronnie Brown because he wasn't the starter, they love Frank Gore, and they complain about everything the Fins do besides the hiring of Saban.

IMO, Fason is a guy who needs to be groomed into a starter. we dont have that luxury. say no to fason and go for a more polished guy

ChambersWI said:
apparantly the ESPN crew for the Draft Special posts here.

wait... they do!!! They don't like Ronnie Brown because he wasn't the starter, they love Frank Gore, and they complain about everything the Fins do besides the hiring of Saban.

We are all experts :lol:.

His stock dropped a lot, I don't think he's a top 10 anymore but would be a mid-late round steal.

He's another Travis Minor. Will be a decent change of pace back in the NFL. Not a potential starter. I'll take Lamar Gordon thank you

Joey 22 said:
Morency and Sproles arent better than Fason. Sproles may die the first time Urlacher or some other BIG LB hits him. And Morency is even slower than Fason.

I can't wait to watch Sproles play on Sundays.... it always seemed like Barry would die if he got hit too... trouble was that just didn't happen very often.

Back
Top Bottom