Fast Dolphins got even faster...And we don't even know who's the fastest | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fast Dolphins got even faster...And we don't even know who's the fastest

Berrios is Fast, 4.4 guy..

Huggins is really fast for a man that size

Tanner Connor is a 4.4 guy as well

Without question the fastest team in the game

I'm not saying this to continue a Tua controversy, as I love the kid, but just purely from a "fun" standpoint -- how crazy would it be to have Michael Vick in his prime or Lamar Jackson behind center with their 4.33, 4.34 speed as a rushing threat to go along with Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Devon Achane, and Raheem Mostert?

While we're at it, let's bring Vernon Davis and his 4.38 speed outta retirement to play the TE position ;)

Oh, and btw the fastest 40 time posted at the combine by an offensive tackle was by our own Terron Armstead who ran a 4.71.

Speed, speed, speed and more speed! lmao

I'm not saying this to continue a Tua controversy, as I love the kid, but just purely from a "fun" standpoint -- how crazy would it be to have Michael Vick in his prime or Lamar Jackson behind center with their 4.33, 4.34 speed as a rushing threat to go along with Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Devon Achane, and Raheem Mostert?

While we're at it, let's bring Vernon Davis and his 4.38 speed outta retirement to play the TE position ;)

Oh, and btw the fastest 40 time posted at the combine by an offensive tackle was by our own Terron Armstead who ran a 4.71.

Crazy speed. To your point, Tua isn't Vick obviously as a runner. But he should absolutely run more. Those are free yards that he needs to take advantage of more often.

Crazy speed. To your point, Tua isn't Vick obviously as a runner. But he should absolutely run more. Those are free yards that he needs to take advantage of more often.
Considering his injury history and especially the two concussions last year, I don’t care if he ever runs the ball. I would rather see him throw the ball away if no one is open than take off running.

Preach. It’s frustrating watching him throw a low % ball that winds up incomplete at times when he has green out front. Take what the D gives.

Considering his injury history and especially the two concussions last year, I don’t care if he ever runs the ball. I would rather see him throw the ball away if no one is open than take off running.
I understand this sentiment but I don’t think you can win a championship without your QB making a couple plays each game w their feet. Case in point in last year’s SB, Mahomes was gimpy but he rambled for 25 yards or so to set up the GW FG. IMO you e got to make some plays that way at the QB position when there’s nothing else there

I get what you are saying, but I've not seen him get hurt when he just tucked it and ran. He's actually pretty adept at that. It's when he's trying to buy more time to throw that he gets hurt.

I don't even count the time a free rusher smashed his ribs. Most QBs would have been knocked out on that play.

Tua has 3 yards per attempt in his career. Same as Jimmy G. Kirk Cousins has 3.2 yards per attempt in his career. Tua is not a rushing QB

If anything with his added weight, he should be running even less.

Just a reminder - "speed" kills.
Oh, I see our HC has figured that out. - LOL

No question he needs to be smart about it. Take the yards and get down. Don't try to run anyone over.

I bet Tua left more than 150 easy rushing yards on the field.

Tua has 3 yards per attempt in his career. Same as Jimmy G. Kirk Cousins has 3.2 yards per attempt in his career. Tua is not a rushing QB

If anything with his added weight, he should be running even less.
In my opinion, Tua hasn't made good decisions on running the ball. I do like that he scrambles around to find a big play in the passing game. That's the right approach.

But there's a lot of free rushing yards that he could get when there's nothing in the pass game. Why not do that instead of throwing the ball away, or forcing something?

You guys do realize that Robbie Anderson, or Chosen as he's called now, is also a 4.3 guy, right... Even Higgins is a 4.5 guy as a TE. I think Tanner is a 4.4 guy...so we have real speed on this team. And what make it so much better is they're speed guys who can actually play football and not just track guys. That's the icing on the cake.

no one is advocating for him to put his head down and run straight into a LB, but where is the harm in picking up a few yards and then sliding or running out of bounds?

Back
Top Bottom