Fast Dolphins got even faster...And we don't even know who's the fastest | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fast Dolphins got even faster...And we don't even know who's the fastest

Crazy speed. To your point, Tua isn't Vick obviously as a runner. But he should absolutely run more. Those are free yards that he needs to take advantage of more often.

I can't even count how many times Tua would be standing in the pocket waiting for something to happen and would end up getting sacked or making a bad throw instead of taking a positive gain by running a few yards. Nobody wants him to be Justin Fields or Jalen Hurts, but he needs to be aware enough to take the yards and slide when there is nothing else there instead of waiting to be sacked.

I can't even count how many times Tua would be standing in the pocket waiting for something to happen and would end up getting sacked or making a bad throw instead of taking a positive gain by running a few yards. Nobody wants him to be Justin Fields or Jalen Hurts, but he needs to be aware enough to take the yards and slide when there is nothing else there instead of waiting to be sacked.
Particularly when it's an easy opportunity to move the chains, and sustain a drive.

I'm not saying this to continue a Tua controversy, as I love the kid, but just purely from a "fun" standpoint -- how crazy would it be to have Michael Vick in his prime or Lamar Jackson behind center with their 4.33, 4.34 speed as a rushing threat to go along with Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Devon Achane, and Raheem Mostert?

While we're at it, let's bring Vernon Davis and his 4.38 speed outta retirement to play the TE position ;)

Oh, and btw the fastest 40 time posted at the combine by an offensive tackle was by our own Terron Armstead who ran a 4.71.

Speed, speed, speed and more speed! lmao
Personally, I’m looking forward to see what Tua can develop into this year. He has the talent to be a top 3 QB in this league IMHO if he stays healthy and they call plays that take advantage of what the defense gives us and leverages the speed we have all over the field.

We already have guys who can run fast, we don’t need our QB to run fast too, we need him to sling the ball all over the field man! :)

I would prefer him to hit the ground like Brady tbh or chuck it into the stands.

Tua has 3 yards per attempt in his career. Same as Jimmy G. Kirk Cousins has 3.2 yards per attempt in his career. Tua is not a rushing QB

If anything with his added weight, he should be running even less.
You don’t have to be fast to be effective. It’s those 3rd and 3’s where no one is open and he can run - things like that.

I would prefer him to hit the ground like Brady tbh or chuck it into the stands.
It’s really not how to win football games

I’m sure you’ll say well live to play another play.

For which I’ll say every play matters in the scope of winning

You’ll then say well we’re not winning if Tua gets hurt.

Then I’ll say, if he’s smart running the football upfield we’ll protect him more than him being passive

:)

Personally, I’m looking forward to see what Tua can develop into this year. He has the talent to be a top 3 QB in this league IMHO if he stays healthy and they call plays that take advantage of what the defense gives us and leverages the speed we have all over the field.

We already have guys who can run fast, we don’t need our QB to run fast too, we need him to sling the ball all over the field man! :)

Agreed. That’s why I prefaced that my comments were just in fun.

Back
Top Bottom