- Robinson
- Johnson
- Moss
- Wayne
- Ferguson(he went lower than Chambers)
- Gardner
- Mitchell
- Morgan

Edwards? Did you mean David Terrel? :o Frodian Slip? You think Edwards will be the next Michican Bust!? :tongue:

4.39 to 4.44 range sounds about right. Its a half step, if that. Either way, that's fast for a complete receiver like chambers, not just a burner. Hopefully he will have some 90-100+ catch years in the near future like we all know he's capable of if we can get a QB and a system that gets him the ball.

It's not all just straight line speed. Santana was a true jitterbug in college. He was fast AND super quick -change of direction quick, made people miss etc.

SkapePhin said:
Edwards? Did you mean David Terrel? :o Frodian Slip? You think Edwards will be the next Michican Bust!? :tongue:

Wow your right I can't believe I just said that! I'm pretty tired today after work my bad. Funny thing is I actually like Edwards. :lol:

Jaj said:
Chambers might actually be faster than Santana, but Santana is the QUICKEST WR I have ever seen.

No doubt, Santana is like lightning in a bottle.. I just found it odd that Chambers dropped into the 2nd.. I remember reading a mock in SI or ESPN Mag that year that had us taking Chambers with our first pick.. We took Fletcher instead.. Good thing we still managed to get Chambers! :D

bmark549 said:
4.39 to 4.44 range sounds about right. Its a half step, if that. Either way, that's fast for a complete receiver like chambers, not just a burner. Hopefully he will have some 90-100+ catch years in the near future like we all know he's capable of if we can get a QB and a system that gets him the ball.

He doesn't just need a QB. A great receiver on the other side would really help. Matt Jones?

He has what great flankers need in Marty Booker. He has a TE to get pressure off him. It's QBing and the playbook.

You know Skape I can understand how it happened. He played in a run-oriented offense in Wisconsin. He had some injuries, though not huge. He was raw. People were afraid he was all physical talent, since he had recently switched over from RB. Still he did take a decent drop.

We tried to get Santana and Deuce McAllister that year.

That was the year that broke us, that one DAMN Fletcher pick. Todd Heap would have been nice there or Drew Brees. Kendrell Bell. Don't call it hindsight it questionable back then too.

SkapePhin said:
How did Chambers drop to the 2nd round with speed like that?

I think it was more of a 'moving up from the third round'

No Chambers dropped in that draft. The riser was Chad Johnson.

Jaj said:
He has what great flankers need in Marty Booker. He has a TE to get pressure off him. It's QBing and the playbook.

You know Skape I can understand how it happened. He played in a run-oriented offense in Wisconsin. He had some injuries, though not huge. He was raw. People were afraid he was all physical talent, since he had recently switched over from RB. Still he did take a decent drop.

We tried to get Santana and Deuce McAllister that year.

That was the year that broke us, that one DAMN Fletcher pick. Todd Heap would have been nice there or Drew Brees. Kendrell Bell. Don't call it hindsight it questionable back then too.

I think everyone questioned that pick.. You are probably right.. that pick was probably the beginning of the end for Wanny and the beginning of the downward spiral. and the Saints drafting McAllister 2 picks before us eventually lead to us giving away 2 first rounders for a flake.. that 2001 draft screwed us hard.

About Chambers, I never knew he played RB.. He played RB at Wisconsin or only at High School level? Seems a bit to slender to play RB.

I agree, but I also think with linehan's system, a receiver like a booker or a thompson can excell and take pressure off chambers. sure they're not top tier, but they can work. Plus, with Randy Mac's big year, he's far from a secret, and obviously no LB can cover him. So, the safties will have to be much more aware of where he is on the field before they're doubling chambers.

Ya his build isn't great for being RB, but Chambers could play RB. I think it was high school where he was a RB. Wisconsion had plenty of runners when he came there. Somewhat like Josh Reed.

Well he is a little heavier than your average receiver, I mean 210 isn't that small and when you can run a 4.3 at 210 that's pretty special. But he can also catch the ball, the only thing holding him back is our playbook and quarterbacking.

Back
Top Bottom