Favorate all Nfl players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorate all Nfl players

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Reaction score
What the hell...............anyway here are my 3 all time favorates..............in no particular order:

1. Dan Marino (no explination necessary)

2. Dick Butkis (if you saw him play, you`d understand)

3. Jim Brown (grew up a Browns fan - lived a half block from Browns practice facility. Brown used to walk to practice and always was accomanied by about 50 little kids). That guy could sure run the fotball).

1. Dan Marino
2. Sam Madison
3. Jason Taylor

non-Dolphins:
1. Steve Young (i liked him when I was really small)
2. Warrick Dunn

that is about it :lol:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
1. Dan Marino
2. Sam Madison
3. Jason Taylor

non-Dolphins:
1. Steve Young (i liked him when I was really small)
2. Warrick Dunn

that is about it :lol:

ice..............no Zack Thomas?

I'm a fan of good players regardless of the team (unless they're on the Jets, Bills, or Fay-duhs :lol: ) So here's the list:

1. Zach Thomas: who out there could dislike this guy, he has more heart than half the league.
2. Donovan McNabb: He just a flat out awesome player. I wish he were a 'Fin but that's never going to happen.
3. Ricky Williams: I'm being totally honest when I say this: RW was my favorite back long before he ever became a 'Fin. I love the way he pounds it in there and makes defenders pay.
4. Sam Madison & Pat Surtain: There just isn't a better tandem in the league, bar none.
5. Chris Chambers: You've gotta love a guy who just goes out there and produces without talking all the trash.

Honorable Mentions: LaDanian Thomlinson, Brock Marion, Jason Taylor, Tiki Barber, and Trent Dilfer.

I limited my list to current players because there are too many formers to list. ;)

One in particular favorite, other than the obvious (Marino) is Barry Sanders.Man he was awesome!!!

Here's my top 5 fav non 'phins players.......

1.) Peyton Manning- I'm glad he's not in our division anymore. NO Qb in the league studies game film and works harder than he does.

2.) Jerry Rice- Have you seen his offseason conditioning/workouts? He's sickly obsessed with being in top physical condition to play this wonderful game.

3.) Emmitt Smith- I hate the cowboys, but he's a true football player who plays for the love of the game.

4.) Garrison Hearst- For him to come back after that career threatening injury is a testament to his heart,and commitment to the game he loves to play.

5.) Brian Ulracher- He plays the game with great intensity and relentlessness that I love.

I kinda like Rice, but I honestly think he should of retired even though he did do well this year. He should of retired a 49er.

my picks...

Since i could have put all the Fins roster i will make my non-Fins favorites...

1- David Boston... The strongest WR in the game

2- Donovan McNabb... Win games by himself (with help of Phi D)

3- Brett Favre... Hard not to like the guy

Originally posted by va dolfan
One in particular favorite, other than the obvious (Marino) is Barry Sanders.Man he was awesome!!!

Barry sanders was magical, an amazing football player.

Walter Payton, power, speed, moves, heart, Intelligence, determination, champion.

Jack Lambert was tuff smart and fast hit like a truck.

Ronnie Lott one of the best hitters of all time.

1. Jack Lambert
All over the field and hit like a mac truck. He would jump into piles and hit you where it hurt the most. The player would get up hurting and he would smile at you with those two missing front teeth. Great pictures of him if you ever seen them.
2. Dwight Stephenson
I have always believed a Super Bowl team is built and maintained by having a great center. I have seen Langer and Webster play but my nod goes to Stephenson. Hell of a player until the dirty shot by a Jet.
3. Larry Czonka
I still rememebr him busting through the line against the Vikings for 9 yards for a TD in SB VIII. Seeing him come back to the huddle w/ his face mask on the side of his head. Bruiser, carried tacklers for extra yards, and made the Phins a great running team. WFL really killed his chance of being mentioned in the same breath as Payton, Brown, Simpson and Dickerson.

My All Time Favorite Players

Dolphins:
1)Marino-no need to explain
2)Zach Thomas-Always plays 100%. Can play run defense and can play pass defense.
3)Jason Taylor-Great all around DE, always seems to come up with the big plays especially against division rivals(Buffalo, Indy)
4)O.J. McDuffie-Great WR, always made the clutch play.
5)Sam Madison/Pat Surtain- Combined they make the best CB tandem
6)Todd Wade-Came in and did a great job replacing James Brown at RT
7)Chris Chambers-He has been here only a year, but hes already established himself as a deep threat. Plus I met him in February.
9)Ricky Williams-Williams will have a great year, no doubt about it.

Non Dolphins:
1)Jack Lambert-Greatest LB of all time, IMO. I never saw him play(too young), but nobody hit as hard and intimadated at the same time.
2)Derrick Thomas-Great athlete and person who always gave his all.
3)Donovan McNabb-Best all around QB in the game.
4)Barry Sanders-no explanation needed
5)David Boston-Best all around WR in the game(Not for long...Chris Chambers)
6)Michael Vick-Awesome athlete who will soon dominate the league. He really impressed me when the Falcons played Miami.

I agree with most of you, but I would also like to add Junior Seau. He plays with great heart and to stay loyal to the Chargers all these years says ALOT. :)

Hey we cant forget about Bo
Bo Jackson one of the best

Back
Top Bottom