Favorite Dolphins Moment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite Dolphins Moment

Originally posted by Dajesus
In no order.

Stoyanavitch kicking a 50+ yard feild goal after a great comeback by Dan to beet Joe Montana and the Cheifs in the playoffs.

This was a fantastic game. Actually, the winning score wasnt a Stoyanovich FG but a Marino to Clayton TD pass with under 2 minutes left to take the lead for the first time- that was maybe the loudest i ever heard the stadium. The Chiefs D was fierce that year. Nick Lowry then missed a 50+ yard FG by inches to ice the game - the kick looked good all the way but fell just a few inches short. What a game.

The comeback agains the Chiefs in the playoffs featured Dan Marino vs. Steve DeBerg, not Dan Marino vs. Joe Montana.
The comeback vs. the Chiefs and DeBerg was 1990.
We did beat Montana and the Chiefs in 1994, but I don't recall a comeback. We won a tough game 27-17 if I recall. No miracles, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
A lot of great moments have been mentioned, so I'll add one that has not.
After the 1984 season, we played the Steelers in the AFC Ch.Game. We were down, I think 14-10 with about 2 mins. to go before halftime. Marino whipped out the magic and we were up 24-14 at halftime and completely sucked the life out of the Steelers.

Originally posted by dolphan39
in no particular order
  • fake spike
  • Lamar's 200
  • when we traded for Ricky
  • AJ Duhe's mud bowl 3 INT game ag Jets in AFC Championship
  • Bears only loss in 85
  • Marino toasting of Pats on 4th down opening day in '94
  • the hook-and-ladder from Strock-Nathan-Harris to complete 1st half comeback in Playoffs
  • just about every pass Marino threw in '84
  • Ricky's 4th quarter TD to nail coffin in the streak
  • Chamber's circus catch to beat Bills in 2001

This is a pretty good list. You can add:
-Griese's six TD performance against the Cards on Thanksgiving 1977

-Each pass Marino broke a record with.

-Shula breaking the all time winning record

-Irving Fryar's game winning catch against Atlanta

-Louis Oliver's 100+ yard INT for a TD against Buffalo that sealed the game.

Man I love this team!

I have to go with the 85 Bears game.
Bears bring in Mcmahon to spark their offense and he gets sacked the first play. I was sitting in the closed end zone of the Orange Bowl and to this day I've never heard a more deafening roar than the crowd noise from that play.

I miss the Orange Bowl. (Not for comfort! For the atmosphere)
That was real home field advantage.

I've been going to games for 30 years and there are a lot og great ones to remember - IMO The greatest games were the Bears game, the Charger playoff game and I want to add to the list a Monday night game against the Eagles in Nov of 1981.

The Orange Bowl was never louder and the Dolphins fans set a record that night for longest stoppage of play of an NFL game for noise. I think that it may have been 14 minutes of stopped play.

If you were there, it was unreal, 68,000 screaming themselves hoarse for 15 minutes straight

The Dolphins beat a very good Eagles squad, which came into the game 9-3 and had been to the SB the year before.

2 more....

So many great memories that everyone has posted, I think there are a couple that may be overlooked.......Marino's last playoff win in seattle against the seahawks, when he completed that 3 and 20 to Tony Martin, and in 1986 on Monday Night when we crushed the Jets in Miami and sent them on that losing streak, they were 10-1, finished 10-6.

I remember that game as I watched in on TV. We needed that game to end the season at 11 and 5. I remember a big int by Blackwood I believe to ice the game. The eagles had Harrold Carmichael and Jaws was going for him but we got the int and won the game.That season was full of great games!!

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Just found this site today, and now I'm hooked. Alot of awesome moments mentioned so far...how about the famous "choke game" in '92 against the jets. Stoyo had missed an extra point to tie the game, and Pete Carrol (an assistant at the time) gave the choke signal, and they flashed it all over the stadium. Some how Miami got the ball back and won the game, and Stoyo gave the choke right back to Carrol!!:cool:

Hey, FiedlerForMVP...

I don't think we've ever talked.

I don't post very often anymore on this board or DolfanTalk's board, mostly because I had school during the fall and spring and didn't have enough time to engage in lengthy football discussions. Now that I'm out for the summer, I'll be posting more often.

If you want to visit my site, go to thefinforum.com, click on "Cat's Prowl," and feel free to post on the message board.

Back
Top Bottom