Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The Killer Bs

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There have been some real historic Nickname like the Doomsday Defense, The Steel Curtain, Monsters of the Midway, The Greatest Show On Turf....

Miami on the other hand was loaded with a lot of great nicknames, like The No Name Defense, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Bruise Brothers, The Killer Bs...

Which one was your favorite

I like Butch and Sundance too. Who were the Bruise Bros?

Please forgive my ignorance. I didn’t begin following the Phins until the early 2000s. I think my first game I watched all the way through was a loss to Buffalo that either was in the playoffs or kicked us out of playoff contention

I like Butch and Sundance too. Who were the Bruise Bros?

Please forgive my ignorance. I didn’t begin following the Phins until the early 2000s. I think my first game I watched all the way through was a loss to Buffalo that either was in the playoffs or kicked us out of playoff contention
Lyle and Glenn Blackwood...They were our Safeties during the 80s.blackwood5.jpg

Mercury Morris!!!!....hard to get behind"...and a twenty yd gain by Eugene Morris"
Tough to argue against this for a number of reasons, and his "nickname" was used on his football cards instead of his given name.

1610582799346.png

Because of its success, I went with the No Name Defense.

I remember Manny Fernandez talking about it and how Tom Landry had come up with it. Fernandez never really did liked it, but Landry had meant it as a compliment to team play.

Killer Bees would be second on my list. Another great Dolphins defense.

Back
Top Bottom