Favorite Fins Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favorite Fins Play

NYPHINSFAN

Scout Team
Reaction score
Here are some of my favorite plays from the Fins (1993-2002)
I have forgotten some of the great ones so feel free to add any!
No particular order....

-Leon Lett muffing the FG on Thanksgiving
-Chris Chambers' touchdown against the Bills this year.
-Fielder's dive into the endzone vs. Oakland.
-Dan's fake spike against NYJ
-Dan's throw to Tony Martin on the last drive of his last comeback and last win vs. Seattle.
-Trace Armstrong burying Flutie into the ground in the playoffs to end the game with Shane Burton recovering the fumble.
-Dan's first game back from the Achilles tear when he threw the bomb to Irving Fryar on 4th and 1 for a TD
-Louis Oliver's 103 yard return vs. the Bills and Kelly
-Lamar Smith's TD in OT vs. Indy in the playoffs.
-The goal line stand this past season vs. Atlanta

1. It's gotta be the fake spike against the Jets. Perfect play at the perfect time.

2. Marino comes into the game and throws a perfect pass to Joe Rose in the left corner. Marinos 1st of a career record 420 TDs.

This team has so many great plays and games it's hard to pick just one.

I know we lost the game, but I'll never forget when Dan ran the ball in for a TD against Atlanta.

how about that...

hook and ladder in the classic clash with the Chargers. Best game ever played in the NFL even though they lost. what a ride!!!!

Re: bit of trivia...

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
1. what's the other name for the 'fake spike' play and
2. who's idea was it?

Wasn`t it the idea of Marino`s backup, best friend, who is now a college coach, well who could forget ol` ................ :D

No question,, the fake spike. I will bet that A-Glenn is still having nightmares, for one - being a Jest player and two for being very gullible at a critical time of the game !! Marino1983

How bout the Larry Sieple fake punt against the Steelers.
Must have run 50 yards.
Funny thing, there were about 2 Steelers that looked like they were running interference for him, because they never even knew he had faked the ball and was running right behind them
Awesome Baby!!!!!

What about AJ Duhe's int for a TD against the JETS in the playoffs....

1. Larry Csonka's run on the left side in the Washington Superbowl (VII?) when Pat Fisher tried to arm tackle him and wound up about four yards away after a Zonk arm flip.
2. Marino's pass over the middle on Monday night football which knocked the chalk off of the receivers gloves.

Wasn't the fake spike Bernie Kosar's play?? I know he took it with him from Cleveland to Dallas to Miami.

How about Marino to Oronde Gadsden for 48 yards on 4th and 10 on the final drive at Indy in 1999. Dan then throws the 2-yard fade to OG for the TD as Marino leads us to 25 4th quarter points to edge Indy. DAN'S LAST HUGE GAME.

BTW - I had to go back and check the exact yardages on those plays. :D

Stoyanovich's 58-yard FG late in the 4th against the Chiefs in the '91 Wild Card game.....and Nick Lowry's 60-yard attempt that went about 59.9999 yards thereafter (whew). Loudest Phins game I ever went to.

Re: Re: bit of trivia...

It was from Kosar...only 3 people knew what the play was...Bernie, Dan..and Ingram. And even then, Ingram only knew something was up when Dan looked at him in the huddle. Shula was as shocked as the 50,000+ YET schlumps at that play. Brilliant!!!

I too, liked the Dano QB sneak vs. Atlanta...hell, Dano got under 100 yards rushing TOTAL in 17 years!!! Jay almost hadthat in one game.>LOL!!! But my favorite of all time, was the Thanksgiving in Dullas, when (was it Fryar??) took a short pass to the town for a TD..just watching him scamper over the snow (in a DOME!!!!!!) for over 40 yards was incredible!! If it was someone else, or a different play..please correct me..cuz i was quite drunkfor that game..LMFAO!!!...but still remember the play!

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Wasn`t it the idea of Marino`s backup, best friend, who is now a college coach, well who could forget ol` ................ :D

:monkey: YETS
:monkey: JILLS
:monkey: PATSIES

Back
Top Bottom