Favre says he could play past '05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Favre says he could play past '05

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
After being serenaded by chants of "five more years" from a record crowd of 8,500 visitors to his charity softball game Sunday, Favre told reporters he hoped the family issues that made him contemplate retirement would be resolved.
Favre's wife Deanna, who recently underwent five months of chemotherapy and radiation treatments for breast cancer, said her husband could play for "a couple of more" years.

She thanked coach Mike Sherman for keeping her husband off the field for mini-camps this spring.
It's honestly going to be really tough whenever Favre and Rice retire beacuse they both mean so much to the NFL. I really didn't think Favre would play anymore seasons after this year but I suppose it's still possible. I'm expecting GB to have a really bad season this year and that could very well force Brett into retirement. Much like Rice, I would like to see Favre go out in a good way but I'm not too confident about that happening... Not to mention, I don't know how much him playing another season is going to help the team, it'll just be hurting Aaron Rodgers and their future. But it's up to him and his wife and I'll leave it at that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2077124

With the way Rodgers has been looking in camp, Brett may need to keep playing!

If Favre plays 2 more years then he could possibly brake some of Marino's records. If i had to pick somebody to brake his records, i would pick Favre.

Back
Top Bottom