FBGP's 2015 Inside the War Room - Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FBGP's 2015 Inside the War Room - Dolphins

l
[video=youtube;GFk65IDWkVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFk65IDWkVw[/video]

i think your 2nd round grade on him, questions your whole football knowledge to be honest, the kid is still 20 years old and you looking for flaws in his leverage, he is 20 years old...a 2nd round grade..he goes top 5 or even top 3 in most of the mock drafts, even if he would fall.....still a 2nd round grade....lazy job

l

i think your 2nd round grade on him, questions your whole football knowledge to be honest, the kid is still 20 years old and you looking for flaws in his leverage, he is 20 years old...a 2nd round grade..he goes top 5 or even top 3 in most of the mock drafts, even if he would fall.....still a 2nd round grade....lazy job

Ok

I don't so much have an issue with the 2nd round grade as much as I do your reaching from the top half of the first to fill a need with a prospect you have rated so low. If you honestly feel he's a 2nd round talent I just can't see the logic in the pick.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort and contribution, I really do - I'm just thankful you're not actually in the "war room."

I don't so much have an issue with the 2nd round grade as much as I do your reaching from the top half of the first to fill a need with a prospect you have rated so low. If you honestly feel he's a 2nd round talent I just can't see the logic in the pick.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort and contribution, I really do - I'm just thankful you're not actually in the "war room."

I appreciate your response.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Also, there's so much irony in here that all I can do is smile :)

I have Fowler rated as a 1st rnd pick, and don't Think it's terrible for Miami, because you can never have enough pass rushers. But it's not a huge need for us.

And it's going to be very hard for us to pass up a defensive back. Grimes is old, the other 2 young guys haven't proven anything.

I think well draft Kevin Johnson at 14. Really good player, huge need, perfect scheme fit, i don't see us passing Him up. If we do, it will be probably be for a pass rusher though.

There are always players on here that the group gets excited about, me included, and we can become blinkered to other ways of looking at our needs. So it's cool to get a fresh perspective from a knowledgeable guy who takes the time to explain his rationale.

But, I have a hard time following your logic in this draft.

You were at pains to say that these choices were what you would do if you were GM. Then you pick a guy at 14 who you yourself rate in round 2. Were none of the guys you rated from 14 to R2 fits for Miami? And at Sam we already have two DE/SOLB tweeners in Jordan and McCain, plus a guy who's clearly best at Sam in Misi. So I'm not surprised everyone is scratching their heads.

I like Mayle, but round two is very early to consider him, imo.

Then you have a small schooler at a stage in the draft when there figure to be a number of secondary players who are more proven at a high level, but I bow to your evaluation. Another small schooler Will prospect (still no Mike?), then 2 picks I like. Slightly prefer Josh Robinson, but Cobbis a great RB. Tre Jackson needs conditioning but could be a great guard with some work. I see him going earlier though.

I wouldn't like our draft to shake out this way at all, though Mayle, Cobb and Jackson have their appeal. Thanks for sharing.

Always appreciate the videos, Emory. I may have missed something, but my understanding is that your 2nd round grade on Fowler is based off of 2013 tape. I didn't see any update, but I may have missed. I personally would have stuck with a 2nd round grade on Fowler, but I can see an argument for him in the mid-late 1st. I like that you note that he's an overrated pass rusher.

Fowler left a year too early and will take 2-3 seasons to deconstruct after bad college coaching.

This from a Gator of Gators.

Emory has forgotten more football than you could ever hope to imagine bro.

whatever he did in the past, that mock draft and the reasoning behind it, is embarrassing....and you are his lawyer ?

Back
Top Bottom