Fear of Dissapointment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear of Dissapointment

Which pick at #2 would dissapoint you the most?

• Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Cedric Benson

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Cadillac Williams

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Braylon Edwards

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Mike Williams

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters
ch19079 said:
rodgers is not a franchise QB, and smith is a BUM. not to mention that 34th overall pick you gave away for a QB. if the fins draft smith (cus rodgers was taken) than they are one of the dumbest organizations in the NFL.

unless smith turns out to be the next bret farve. then i will hate the fins even more.
:roflmao:

so is smith a BUM or is he the next 'bret favre'?

finsnchips said:

Seriously. That was literally one of the worst posts ive read in a long time. :lol:

Ha! I'm the only one who voted Brown. I'd rather have any of the other guys, Brown IS NOT #2 overall material. His stock is slowly dropping....and dropping...

islandah said:
No, but they have been objectively rated just as high as Eli, Rivers and Rothlesberger from last year by at least one scouting service. (Anybody have the specific service that did it- there were several threads about it within the last month.)
well i'm no scout and won't pretend to be an expert on qbs, but neither smith or rogers are "franchise" qbs in my opinion. therefore certainly not worth the fins pick at 2. out of the 2 i would prefer rogers mainly because smith in my opinion doesn't have the arm strength and never will to be effective in windy and snowy conditions in buffalo, new york and n.e., from videos i have seen of smith his passes seem to flutter ( not a tight spiral ) and he will struggle in bad weather. imo

islandah said:
No, but they have been objectively rated just as high as Eli, Rivers and Rothlesberger from last year by at least one scouting service. (Anybody have the specific service that did it- there were several threads about it within the last month.)
I know the one you are talking about.

It wasn't very credible in the sense it got blasted on here.

They rated Braylon considerably higher than Roy Williams... which IMO is ridiculous.

They also rated KW2 a 8.7 and Heath Miller a 8.5... I don't think these guys are remotely in the same class..

Benson is the only one who would be a true dissappointment. I have questions about all the players, but Benson has the most question marks. And frankly, I feel we'll have wasted our #2 pick b/c we could get nearly the same production(as Benson) from several other places (in the draft or FA).

dodge said:
well i'm no scout and won't pretend to be an expert on qbs, but neither smith or rogers are "franchise" qbs in my opinion. therefore certainly not worth the fins pick at 2. out of the 2 i would prefer rogers mainly because smith in my opinion doesn't have the arm strength and never will to be effective in windy and snowy conditions in buffalo, new york and n.e., from videos i have seen of smith his passes seem to flutter ( not a tight spiral ) and he will struggle in bad weather. imo

I think you have to consider the odds of finding an average/above average QB versus a RB or WR. I like the 3 RBs in this draft (Williams the best), but it's hard to take one of them over a QB at #2, even if Rodgers/Smith aren't surefire franchise guys like you suggest. You can get production from the RB position with a committee aproach, lightning & thunder, or even a guy like Lamar Gordon, Lamont Jordan or Droughns, etc. Teams make it happen in the running game with much greater ease than at the QB position. Bottom line is, you need a QB to win and the chances of finding one later in later rounds are really against you. This is why I feel so strongly about taking Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards at #2. A great WR is a little bit harder to find than a RB, giving them more value, and it seems that both these guys are way more talented at their position than any of the QBs.

finsnchips said:

hes a bum. and will be a bum for years to come.

but sometimes the guys who look like bums comming out of college end up being great.

it would be foolish for the fins to draft smith. but if in 5 years hes a great QB, then i would have been wrong. but that doesnt change the fact he was a bum comming out of college.

This coming from a team that spent two first rounders on a 2nd round qb named losman

ch19079 said:
hes a bum. and will be a bum for years to come.

but sometimes the guys who look like bums comming out of college end up being great.

it would be foolish for the fins to draft smith. but if in 5 years hes a great QB, then i would have been wrong. but that doesnt change the fact he was a bum comming out of college.

Why is he a bum? :confused:

DaVoness said:
This coming from a team that spent two first rounders on a 2nd round qb named losman

thats not accurate.

we traded a 1st rounder next year to get an extra 1st rounder this year.
(you can also think of it like: we traded away our 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick, in order to use next years 1st round pick, this year)

we drafted a WR with our 1st rounder (evans).

the giants spent 2 1st rounders on a QB.

and its typical that you take my post and completly ignore what it says and simply attack my team. :shakeno:

but if thats the way you want it.. the fins traded the 34th overall pick for a back up QB. and if some of you get your way, you will spend the #2 overall pick on a QB. making your former QB a backup.

spending the 34th overall pick on a backup QB (literally a backup if you draft a QB) ..... priceless.

but honestly, i dont think the fins organization is that dumb.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I think you have to consider the odds of finding an average/above average QB versus a RB or WR. I like the 3 RBs in this draft (Williams the best), but it's hard to take one of them over a QB at #2, even if Rodgers/Smith aren't surefire franchise guys like you suggest. You can get production from the RB position with a committee aproach, lightning & thunder, or even a guy like Lamar Gordon, Lamont Jordan or Droughns, etc. Teams make it happen in the running game with much greater ease than at the QB position. Bottom line is, you need a QB to win and the chances of finding one later in later rounds are really against you. This is why I feel so strongly about taking Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards at #2. A great WR is a little bit harder to find than a RB, giving them more value, and it seems that both these guys are way more talented at their position than any of the QBs.
an average/above average qb is just what we would get if we pick smith or rogers and that would be a huge reach with the 2nd pick in the draft. i have no problem with taking either edwards or mike williams with the 2. linehan will use 3 wr offense and i think either guy will excell in it. while i really like the big 3 rbs, there is a lot of good rbs to be had in later rounds so the better value imo is wr at 2 then best rb at our next pick.

Back
Top Bottom