Fear of Dissapointment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear of Dissapointment

Which pick at #2 would dissapoint you the most?

• Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Cedric Benson

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Cadillac Williams

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Braylon Edwards

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Mike Williams

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters
Surferosa said:
Why is he a bum? :confused:

can you honestly say that smith is worth the #2 overall pick?
true, "bum" was a strong word, but he shouldnt be drafted till late 1st round, if in the 1st at all. i can not see him EVER being a franchise QB in the NFL.

insted of bum, i should have said, "average QB"

and the #2 overall pick, the expectations are so high, if you arnt a probowler, or franchise player, you are not worth the pick, or cap hit.

I picked Edwards, I've seen him drop a few passes that should have been caught.

dodge said:
an average/above average qb is just what we would get if we pick smith or rogers and that would be a huge reach with the 2nd pick in the draft. i have no problem with taking either edwards or mike williams with the 2. linehan will use 3 wr offense and i think either guy will excell in it. while i really like the big 3 rbs, there is a lot of good rbs to be had in later rounds so the better value imo is wr at 2 then best rb at our next pick.

Exactly. But does a good/above average QB like Rodgers or Smith merit the pick even though Caddy, Benson, and Brown are still sitting there?

I would be happy with all of them, but I guess one would scare me a little. Benson could be a Ricky clone, with a bad attitude, and he has been used a lot in College.

It would really suck if we took Clarett at #2 wouldn't it. Miami Fans would be borderline suicidal by round 2. But i'd really be disappointed if we took Carnell, I'd rather have 1. Ronnie, 2. Cedric, and then 3. Carnell. Everyone bitches that Ronnie split time and that he didnt carry the ball enough. He split time with Carnell so the same argument can be said about Caddy. Benson is the TRUR workhorse back of the 3 so thats why i'd like to have him b4 Caddy. 1. Ronnie, 2. Cedric, and then 3. Carnell.

tay0365 said:
he has been used a lot in College.

i thaught that was "experience".

if hes as good as they say, he will play till hes 32 just like all the other RBs.

ch19079 said:
can you honestly say that smith is worth the #2 overall pick?
true, "bum" was a strong word, but he shouldnt be drafted till late 1st round, if in the 1st at all. i can not see him EVER being a franchise QB in the NFL.

insted of bum, i should have said, "average QB"

and the #2 overall pick, the expectations are so high, if you arnt a probowler, or franchise player, you are not worth the pick, or cap hit.

There ya go. Thats a lot more descriptive and interesting than plainly calling a potential first round QB a bum.

Actually I wished I could have voted for both QB's, both don't give me that warm and fuzzy feeling when you gotten a special player. I get better vibes from the rest of the group.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Exactly. But does a good/above average QB like Rodgers or Smith merit the pick even though Caddy, Benson, and Brown are still sitting there?
the majority of comments i read as to why the fins have to draft a qb this year is because we haven't had a pick this high in decades and probably won't for a long time after this. but the 2 qbs are not that good. just last year the earliest realistically either would have been drafted was 12th right after rothlesberger, but easily one or both could have been there in the 20's. what about next year? would smith and/or rogers actually be mentioned as top 5 picks or would they also fall to the middle of round one. with this line of thinking i see no reason we can't get just as good a prospect next year in the middle of round one (and give feeley a year to answer questions as to whether we actually need to draft a qb ) as opposed to using the 2 pick this year on a qb clearly not worth the draft slot. imo

dodge said:
the majority of comments i read as to why the fins have to draft a qb this year is because we haven't had a pick this high in decades and probably won't for a long time after this. but the 2 qbs are not that good. just last year the earliest realistically either would have been drafted was 12th right after rothlesberger, but easily one or both could have been there in the 20's. what about next year? would smith and/or rogers actually be mentioned as top 5 picks or would they also fall to the middle of round one. with this line of thinking i see no reason we can't get just as good a prospect next year in the middle of round one (and give feeley a year to answer questions as to whether we actually need to draft a qb ) as opposed to using the 2 pick this year on a qb clearly not worth the draft slot. imo

Hey, I'm with you. I don't like either one of these guys but I think it's an interesting topic that the Dolphin's brains have to be pondering.

Mike Williams is the guy I would take.

ch19079 said:
i thaught that was "experience".

if hes as good as they say, he will play till hes 32 just like all the other RBs.

Not if you are a power back, and are taking big shot everytime you get touch the ball. Benson is the most ready, but he could also be the one to end up with the shortest career.

Interesting feedback thus far. A lot of people seem to dislike Benson. I think people forget that before Barry Sanders, it was common for players to play for three-four years in college. Benson should be a great pro imo.

If we draft anyone besides Edwards or Brown, I'll be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom