Fear of Dissapointment | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fear of Dissapointment

Which pick at #2 would dissapoint you the most?

• Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Cedric Benson

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Cadillac Williams

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Braylon Edwards

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Mike Williams

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters

HybridPHIN 23

the N E W Dolphilbins
Reaction score
If we are stuck picking at #2....... our options are:

Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers
Braylon Edwards and Mike Williams
Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, and Carnell Williams

I'm sure most of us will be happy with any of these Seven. Yet, If you favor one player at a certain position over another.... you'll certainly be a little dissapointed if we don't pick your guy. That being said..... Which pick at #2 would dissapoint you the most???

I think Alex Smith. I dont know really know why, because he could turn out to be a marvelous pro - but he just doesnt excite me as much as the others.

my choice is Benson... I would definetly prefer an Auburn back.... Also, I think if Wanny was still our coach... he would take Cedric Benson.

Benson, Edwards and Rodgers... only because I prefer other guys at their positions.

I am least enamoured with Rodgers...

In order of my favorites:

1) Mike Williams
2) Ronnie Brown
3) Alex Smith
4) Braylon Edwards
5) Cadillac Williams
6) Cedric Benson
7) Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers - just because i think the other 6 are better players

I think Alex Smith. I dont know really know why, because he could turn out to be a marvelous pro - but he just doesnt excite me as much as the others.

Did you pick Alex cuz you prefer Rodgers over him, or are you thinking Rodgers isn't even a consideration like many are????

qb in general, alex smith in particular. lack of arm strength by smith will really hurt in late season trips to snowy and windy afc east rivals. last year smith and rogers would have been lucky to be top 15 and more likely one of them would have been selected in the 20's. yet people want to lable them "franchise" qbs and say we must pick one this year cause we may not get a draft pick this high again. they are not "franchise" qbs just because they are the best qbs in this years draft!

AirChambers84 said:
Did you pick Alex cuz you prefer Rodgers over him, or are you thinking Rodgers isn't even a consideration like many are????

Not sure I understand your question. I answered the question in the poll - which #2 pick would disappoint you the most. Nothing against Alex, I just like the other guys (including Rodgers) better.

dodge said:
qb in general, alex smith in particular. lack of arm strength by smith will really hurt in late season trips to snowy and windy afc east rivals. last year smith and rogers would have been lucky to be top 15 and more likely one of them would have been selected in the 20's. yet people want to lable them "franchise" qbs and say we must pick one this year cause we may not get a draft pick this high again. they are not "franchise" qbs just because they are the best qbs in this years draft!

No, but they have been objectively rated just as high as Eli, Rivers and Rothlesberger from last year by at least one scouting service. (Anybody have the specific service that did it- there were several threads about it within the last month.)

islandah said:
No, but they have been objectively rated just as high as Eli, Rivers and Rothlesberger from last year by at least one scouting service. (Anybody have the specific service that did it- there were several threads about it within the last month.)

They were also rated slightly below last years top 3 by many other scouting services. So I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Surferosa said:
They were also rated slightly below last years top 3 by many other scouting services. So I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Fair enough!

BTW, not that I would really be disappointed with any of these choices, but my least favorite pick would be either of the WR's. I realize they may be the BPA, I just can't see wasting the #2 pick on a position that represents the least need (note I didn't call it a strength) on our offense.

I'm sure someone will argue that DJ is also a possibility at #2, however remote.
Rodgers just doesn't wow me. If he was available last year he would have been the fourth or fifth QB on most lists at best. At least you could make a decent argument for Alex Smith, but he is also a work in progress and doesn't strike me as a franchise type player. If we're going BPA, then I think you gotta go with Edwards or Brown. I don't see anyone else with more upside.

1) Braylon Edwards or Ronnie Brown (either will be fine)
2) Cadillac
3) Mike Williams
4) Cedric Benson
5) Alex Smith
6) Aaron Rodgers

rodgers is not a franchise QB, and smith is a BUM. not to mention that 34th overall pick you gave away for a QB. if the fins draft smith (cus rodgers was taken) than they are one of the dumbest organizations in the NFL.

unless smith turns out to be the next bret farve. then i will hate the fins even more.

Back
Top Bottom