Fearless forecast for Dolphins 2020 season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fearless forecast for Dolphins 2020 season

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Dolphins Wire 2019 fearless forecast: 105 total tackles, 4.5 sacks, 8 tackles for loss, 1 interception and 8 passes defensed

2019 statistics: 126 total tackles, 1.5 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 1 interception and 4 passes defensed

2020 fearless forecast: 98 total tackles, 3.5 sacks, 6 tackles for loss, 2 interceptions and 6 passes defensed

Dolphins Wire 2019 fearless forecast: 48 total tackles, 5.5 sacks, 11 tackles for loss, 14 QB hits, 3 passes defensed

Actual 2019 stats: 56 total tackles, 2.0 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 4 QB hits, 2 passes defensed.

2020 fearless forecast: 50 total tackles, 7.0 sacks, 9 tackles for loss, 14 QB hits, 3 passes defensed (and two offensive touchdowns, while we’re at it)

Dolphins Wire 2019 fearless forecast: 35 receptions, 385 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns

Actual 2019 stats: 51 receptions, 570 yards, 5 touchdowns

2020 fearless forecast: 62 receptions, 640 receiving yards, 5 touchdowns

Dolphins Wire 2019 fearless forecast: 35 receptions, 385 receiving yards, 3 touchdowns

Actual 2019 stats: 51 receptions, 570 yards, 5 touchdowns

2020 fearless forecast: 62 receptions, 640 receiving yards, 5 touchdowns
Lol. That's not very fearless. I expect more out of Gesicki this year. Probably 900 yds, 80 receptions and 9 tds.

The regression of Baker is one of several concerns I have with Coach Flo’s defense. He just couldn’t figure out how to use him for most of the year. Many have suggested that baker isn’t a good fit for our type of defense. However if Flores is anything like Bellichick Or Shula, he adapt and find a way to effectively use a talented player.

Also 7 Sacks for Wilkins???? That would be amazing, but I’d definitely take the under on that one. I do think he’ll score a touchdown or two on offense though.

Dolphins Wire 2019 fearless forecast: 48 total tackles, 5.5 sacks, 11 tackles for loss, 14 QB hits, 3 passes defensed

Actual 2019 stats: 56 total tackles, 2.0 sacks, 3 tackles for loss, 4 QB hits, 2 passes defensed.

2020 fearless forecast: 50 total tackles, 7.0 sacks, 9 tackles for loss, 14 QB hits, 3 passes defensed (and two offensive touchdowns, while we’re at it)

This one is a bit optimistic IMO
7 sacks from a DT would be all pro

He should have much better help the 2 or 3 guy's playing next to him should be different most of the time with a better cast of linebackers also who will be pass rush capable unlike last year, he should get more one on one opportunities on passing downs, his film will tell the tale of how good he is or becomes.

7 a good number I like it....:)

Also Like
Wilkins was credited by Pro Football Focus with 30 total pressures in 2019, which is the third highest figure for a rookie interior defensive lineman since 2016.
Nice

I like how you double down with your (overly optimistic) expectations for Wilkins and Baker but gave a much more reasonable forecast for Gesicki in which you were more conservative (but reasonably so, in my opinion) in your expectation.

Based off last season results, you have it backwards - you should be MUCH more optimistic on Gesicki outperforming than Wilkins or Bakers (not a slight, just the most likely result). At the end of the day, this is just a guess, I get it.

900 yds! You forget who our new OC is and his history with how he uses his TEs. I know I know, Gonzalez put up big numbers. I'd be happy as hell to see Mike put up 70/700/7.
I would agree with a traditional TE. But Gesicki works well out of the slot, and Gailey likes to run TE's out of the slot. I think this offense will work well for Gesicki. But we will see.

I would agree with a traditional TE. But Gesicki works well out of the slot, and Gailey likes to run TE's out of the slot. I think this offense will work well for Gesicki. But we will see.
Well, 70/700/7 is a big improvement over the 50/500/5 numbers Gesicki put up last year. 900 yds tho is an enormous jump. Not sure he'd even get anywhere close to the amount of looks he'll need to reach those numbers.

Well, 70/700/7 is a big improvement over the 50/500/5 numbers Gesicki put up last year. 900 yds tho is an enormous jump. Not sure he'd even get anywhere close to the amount of looks he'll need to reach those numbers.
Most his yards/TDs came last season in the second half of the season. So if he can play a full season like he did the second half, its possible.

Back
Top Bottom