Feeley and the Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley and the Offense

fiedler fan..jk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For the last couple of seasons the Dolphins have been known around the league as a defensive team with a sub-par offense. I was thinking about it though and realized that next season our offense could be great. Just think of all the great offensive players that will be starting:
TE: McMichael
RB: Ronnie
WR: Chambers
WR: Boston (if he comes back)
WR: Booker

Besides Feeley and Ronnie (because of his lack of touches in college), anyone of those players have shown that they could be a pro bowler. I also could easily see Feeley having a Brees/Kitna breakthrough season, now that he has Frerotte breathing down his neck for the starting position. Brees didn't step it up until he had Rivers. Kitna didn't step it up until he had Palmer. Feeley also has way better targets that Kitna and Brees had. Brees had Gates and McCardell. Kitna had Chad. Feeley will have McMichael, Chambers, Boston, and Ronnie. I also could easily see Ronnie have several pro bowls because of his talent.
I kind of see this situation as the situation in Detriot. They are surrounding Harrington with talent to see if he can step it up. Harrington has Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, and Marcus Pollard. If you can't have good stats with that much talent you don't deserve to start. The same thing is happening here in Miami. If Feeley can't step it up this year, the Dolphins definetely need to find a long-term replacement. This is Feeley's last chance. With so much surrounding talent if he can't step it up, the Dolphins will definetely have to find a replacement that can.

I still think we could use a third reciever and I'm not counting on Boston coming back. I'd like to see us take a look a Az Hakim. Granted, if Boston does come back and is fully healthy, he's a valid reciever and we'll have a pretty potent offense. I'd also think that in next years draft we go reciever and potentially a QB. This year will have a lot to do with how we draft next year regarding the QB.

You guys are forgetting Booker he is a great receiver. I think this year he will integrate into the team much better. Great possession receiver did well near the end of last year.

CanadianFish said:
You guys are forgetting Booker he is a great receiver. I think this year he will integrate into the team much better. Great possession receiver did well near the end of last year.

I haven't forgotten Booker, but we are in serious need of some depth at WR. Beyond Chambers and Booker, we really have nothing. Thompson is just OK. He may do ok in Linehan's system, but we can't really count on him.

I see AJ doing good, Derrius i think is his fav target, so at slot Thompson will help us, and Chmabers will do good along with McMichael and Booker, if Boston comes back good if he dont thats fine its not like we passed up Jerry Rice(in his prime)

the qb makes it work feeley has to step it up guys.

fiedler fan..jk said:
For the last couple of seasons the Dolphins have been known around the league as a defensive team with a sub-par offense. I was thinking about it though and realized that next season our offense could be great. Just think of all the great offensive players that will be starting:

Besides Feeley and Ronnie (because of his lack of touches in college), anyone of those players have shown that they could be a pro bowler. I also could easily see Feeley having a Brees/Kitna breakthrough season, now that he has Frerotte breathing down his neck for the starting position. Brees didn't step it up until he had Rivers. Kitna didn't step it up until he had Palmer. Feeley also has way better targets that Kitna and Brees had. Brees had Gates and McCardell. Kitna had Chad. Feeley will have McMichael, Chambers, Boston, and Ronnie. I also could easily see Ronnie have several pro bowls because of his talent.
I kind of see this situation as the situation in Detriot. They are surrounding Harrington with talent to see if he can step it up. Harrington has Rogers, Roy Williams, Mike Williams, and Marcus Pollard. If you can't have good stats with that much talent you don't deserve to start. The same thing is happening here in Miami. If Feeley can't step it up this year, the Dolphins definetely need to find a long-term replacement. This is Feeley's last chance. With so much surrounding talent if he can't step it up, the Dolphins will definetely have to find a replacement that can.

Good Post I agree.

fiedler fan..jk said:

I'd agree with everything you said, but.....nothing. Nice post.

Feely is going to have to step it up this year. I personally think that they are putting the pressure on Feely this year. They have signed Gus, Sage, and Brock. If he dosen't put it together, then Gus will go in. I think Gus has the most experience and of you would go by resume', he's probably the most qualified.

didnt we score 29 points on NE without ricky, boston or brown?

Nev_FSU30 said:

Poor NE is gonna have to step it up if they want to beat the Dolphins, buddy. :cooldude:

Nev_FSU30 said:

Even a blind squirel finds a nut every now and then. I know!!! I know!!!! Comparing AJ to a blind squirel is cruel to the squirel. Don't call PETA it is just an expression.

TARHEEL38 said:
Even a blind squirel finds a nut every now and then. I know!!! I know!!!! Comparing AJ to a blind squirel is cruel to the squirel. Don't call PETA it is just an expression.

Now there is an objective fan.

Back
Top Bottom