Feeley bulking up.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley bulking up....

SkapePhin said:
So Feeley has actually been working out, and trying to improve himself? Wow, from all I have heard from posters on this site they made it sound like he was off jetsetting and having Pina Colada's at Cancun all this time...

Well I saw him on TV golfing at least three different tournaments, saw him on ESPN doing some NASA zero gravity tests. And at a few functions with Heather. He could be working out also, but I feel he should have been following around Linehan like a lost little puppy looking for an scraps (Sorry Scrap) of the offense he could get.

It's all up to AJ, and I hope he wins the job! But I really have my doubts!

Void said:
"Only a fool fights a battle he cannot win" - Genghis Khan

And that guy had a lot of respect from a lot of people.

I hate to say it but.... WHAT?

Playing a game of pro football is never fighting a battle you can't win.

Case and point, the Dolphins V the Patriots last year.

SkapePhin said:
So Feeley has actually been working out, and trying to improve himself? Wow, from all I have heard from posters on this site they made it sound like he was off jetsetting and having Pina Colada's at Cancun all this time...

Ha, yeah just remember what posters made those claims and what side of the Feeley debate they are on. ;)

SpeedRush99 said:
Its called playing through pain, thats what earned him respect.

again, not to start another freakin WAR, but IT WAS A JOKE, a shot at the O-Line. And if you wanna get technical, a lot of his injuries he ended up sitting and Jay took snaps, so playing through pain my ***, unless it was because he HAD to because Jay was hurt too and Dave would never put Sage in

Dolfan2788 said:

I think that was actually either a shot at me or in defense of me, I can't really figure it out, but it has SOMETHING to do with the post that seemed to start world war 3 with a few people, and it wasn't even a bad post. I chuckled cuz feeley got a butt slap on his injured but and made a face, and suddenly I'm worse than a serial killer, i don't know, oh well, lol

Agent51 said:
again, not to start another freakin WAR, but IT WAS A JOKE, a shot at the O-Line. And if you wanna get technical, a lot of his injuries he ended up sitting and Jay took snaps, so playing through pain my ***, unless it was because he HAD to because Jay was hurt too and Dave would never put Sage in

:lol: Hey 51, I've read this thread and watched you defend your statement as a joke several times, a word of advise, next time use a smiley when you joke, it helps translate your intent since we can't hear or see you.

Trust me I've done the same thing. :wink:

Agent51 said:
Well since I haven't actually SEEN anything from him long ball or accuracy-wise I can't really judge how it will effect him because I have nothing to base it on. Where did you get that he was bulking up (not challenging your statement or the fact that he is, just wondering where the news came from)

It was in the local paper this am.

Hellion said:
:lol: Hey 51, I've read this thread and watched you defend your statement as a joke several times, a word of advise, next time use a smiley when you joke, it helps translate your intent since we can't hear or see you.

Trust me I've done the same thing. :wink:

LOL, thanks for the advice, from here on out I am just going to type my jokes in an assortment of smilies. Nobody will be able to read them, but at least it won't cause all this backlash, unless there is someone who has a thing against the color yellow, or hates a good smiley face.

BTW, that chick in your sig is freakin SMOKIN'

finresurrection said:
I still feel we should be giving Feeley every snap this summer. Splitting snaps last year with "Ears" did not help anyone. Given the chance, he may be our future. BUt we will not know that if he is not given that opportunity. That being said, I still draft a QB in 3 or 4, McPherson, Campbell if he is still around - which I doubt, or LeFors.

I agree. we should commit to him to be the starter until Alex Smith is ready. Let him take the hits until the line improves and he will be able to earn his status in the league for later trading if he turns out ok.

I guess this means I'm offf the Ronnie Brown bandwagon and have come full circle back to the QB draft idea. Hey, we need to build around someone, and a back is just not as long term as a QB. No disrespect to Ronnie, but he should go to a team that has mostly everything else in place. We will need more time to get ready for a serious run. Why take Brown's best years away toiling while we try to get ready? Pick up a RB later.

Agent51 said:
Well, go get a sense of humor, watch a replay of it, then get back to me. Yes, I freakin WATCH pro football, and I know the damn butt-slap is a congrats, I PLAY football. No, I'm not a Feeley "HATER" I am a feeley DOUBTER. If you could actually follow the conversation in posts you would see that my "Yeah, that was so freakin' funny, shows how much "respect" they give him, smack him where he's injured" was a direct tie-in to a previous post regarding an article about how much "respect" feeley got in the locker room for his play last season. You make it out like I'm a freakin sadist or something, saying "that was freakin funny" hardly constitutes "finding pleasure in it". Ease off the dramatics man, you're not some hero of the day for telling me how horrible of a person I am and defending feeley, especially when 2 other people cracked up about it before I even did. I don't get "sick pleasure" from it, I just thought it was funny that he happened to be slapped on the @ss which is exactly where he got injured, its called comedy, three stooges-style. "Man gets injured, friend is unaware of injury and congrats him with celebratory slap on injured area, sparking funny-faced reaction from injured man" THAT is what is funny, his reaction and the fact that the slapee had no clue that was where he was injured, so chill out Captain America, there's more evils in the world for you to try and "protect" than me laughing at feeley being butt-slapped on his injured cheek, jesus.

Woah...talk about dramatics...lighten up dude

MarinoEqualsGod said:
Woah...talk about dramatics...lighten up dude

read the posts that triggered that one then tell me who needs to lighten up, that was "over the top" on purpose.

Dolfan2788 said:

because the post i quoted was generally a post on how young people these days run from no-win situations and don't face them. Not specifically on football....

Agent51 said:
"How?" what? I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me here, or why you are telling me not to talk about the QBs in the debates?

You asked how does he gain respect by playing hurt, I said if you dont know the answer to that then there is no point in debating.

Now if you said playing hurt gets you respect but that doesnt make you a good qb, then you are correct. But many of the team came out and applauded his courage and announced there respect of AJ at the end of year.

Do any of you listen to AJ in his press conferences with an open mind? Do you listen openly to what players like CC and Randy say about him at the end of the year? There is a mental toughness, an intelligence ftor with AJ. That is what garnered the respect of his temmates. Call it what you want, but players that openly criticized AJ early that came out for him in the end, says something to leadership and intangibles. Whether we go in a diff direction remains to be seen and may happen, which is fine, doesnt change the fact of what AJ did. It wont be the intangibles and intelligence issues that everyone hpes and prays about to justify their opinions. Football mentality is what AJ needs to prove, composure, pocket presence. Aj said it best, He cant concern himself with the number of reps, he has to go out and use teh reps he gets to his full advantage. He understands the ituation, he knows it is up to him. He may not get it done, that is a fact of life, you dont control your circumstances fully when teh caoch makes teh decisions. But the 2 issues are independent of each other. You can gain respect by playing hurt, playing tough, but it doesnt guarentee a successful qb.

Back
Top Bottom