Feeley may have to rework contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley may have to rework contract

redhead

REV KEV
Reaction score
If Saban goes QB...., wouldn't Saban demand that Feeley re-work his contract...? What other choice does Feeley have...? If he is cut (BIG IF) he won't get many $ any where else..., maybe Cleveland...?

there is no may about it. Unless he does extremely well this year, he will not be worth the money that he is scheduled to earn next year.

redhead said:
If Saban goes QB...., wouldn't Saban demand that Feeley re-work his contract...? What other choice does Feeley have...? If he is cut (BIG IF) he won't get many $ any where else..., maybe Cleveland...?

No REWORK!!!! He will be cheap to cut next offseason, possibly this June 1st. There will be NO rework. That dude is junk, and is chopped,hopefully sooner then later!!!!!!

Hell, roll him out until NEXT June 1st, and ax his a$$ then! Then, the cap hit wont be anything more then a itch that is easily scratched!

as I noted when we signed him to his new contract, it's essentially a 2 year tryout, with the option to renegotiate after the 2nd year. He'll never see the roster bonus that's due after the second year.

Ah, how about we wait and see how Feeley does under a new coach with a real OC and game plan with a new OL/and coach and a RB. Feeley has every chance to be this year's Drew Brees. So cut him some slack and let him hang himself. At least give him the chance to prove what he can or can not do.

Yeh..

I wonder how many people were ready to cut him last year when he led us to our Monday night victory over the Pats??

touborg said:
Another interresting question:

Which QB will be cut if we draft Rodgers/Smith?

I would think that Sage Rosenfels would be the guy that gets cut. I don't see Frerotte or Feeley getting cut this year.

bigmiamifan said:
Ah, how about we wait and see how Feeley does under a new coach with a real OC and game plan with a new OL/and coach and a RB. Feeley has every chance to be this year's Drew Brees. So cut him some slack and let him hang himself. At least give him the chance to prove what he can or can not do.

I agree with you there. If Feeley doesn't do well this year though, he will be gone before the 2006 season. They can cut him next offseason for virtually nothing.

touborg said:
Another interresting question:

Which QB will be cut if we draft Rodgers/Smith?

I think in the old regime, they'd cut Feeley or Gus, to try to minimize the qb controversy. Under Nick, I think he would keep the 3 best and let them compete, which means Sage would go. Incidentally, that would give Nick exactly what he said he wanted at the qb position: a veteran backup(Gus), the current guy(AJ), and a young developmental guy for the future(Smith/Rodgers).

This is a make or break year for Feeley. Depending on who we draft and how he plays, that roster bonus puts a lot of pressure on him.

He should rework his contract that forfeits $100,000 for each INT that he throws and gets returned for 6. :D

That's a great idea. I saw where we might need to re-work
Zack or JT's contract to keep Surtain.
Well, those two don't suck, and Feelme does.
Offer him the minimum and see how many teams rush
to pick him up if he doesn't like it.
Better yet, cut him after we draft a QB.

Back
Top Bottom