Feeley - Mitchell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley - Mitchell

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
this feeley situation brings back memorys of former fin qb scott mitchell. mitchell filled in for an injured marino for a handful of games, dont remember what year. he looked like a susperstar for that run , kind of like feeley in philly. then detroit opened up their bank account to mitchell and he flat out suckedfor them. i just hope this isnt true for feeley. the similarities are disturbing.

ercin13 said:
this feeley situation brings back memorys of former fin qb scott mitchell. mitchell filled in for an injured marino for a handful of games, dont remember what year. he looked like a susperstar for that run , kind of like feeley in philly. then detroit opened up their bank account to mitchell and he flat out suckedfor them. i just hope this isnt true for feeley. the similarities are disturbing.

Uhh... No.

I dont think that Feeley is going to be anything great but I wouldnt go as far as calling him Mitchell. Feeley has a strong arm and some good leadership qualities. Mitchell just flat out sucked.

brees was projocted to be a star, it just took him awhile. feeley and mitchell came out of nowhere.

ercin13 said:
brees was projocted to be a star, it just took him awhile. feeley and mitchell came out of nowhere.

I just meant that that's what I hope for Feeley, that it just takes him awhile to get going.

Ok I am WAY biased on this topic.

1. I think it was like 96 or 97.
2. He was a freaking stud his first year in detriot. his second year Ok, then he hit the wall
3. I think that they are two totally different QB's

I used to live next door to Scott Mitchell. I used to play basketball at his house. In fact when they had there son I joked that he named it after me (Same first name, and no he didn't name his son awing ). Guy published a buisness book before leaving college and i believe is now doing finacial type work. When he got to Detriot he sent me one of his game jersey's as well as one of the dolphins one. He is an outstanding guy but I always felt he was never more then a backup.

Aj has promise and growth capabilities. If at the end of this season he hasn't sold people then I think its time to part ways, But the fact remains is we are not getting DAN MARINO BACK so keep dreaming folks. The more I think about it the more I see similarities to the situation, but I see the difference in style and skills.

Any way thats my two cents.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Then why was he picked in the second round???

He was projected to be OK, not a star.
picked 32nd you can call it second round

99-2000 heisman finalist

maxwell award oustanding player of the year

obrien award top qb 99-2000

no i dont see any high expectations there :shakeno:

awing_pilot said:
Ok I am WAY biased on this topic.

1. I think it was like 96 or 97.
2. He was a freaking stud his first year in detriot. his second year Ok, then he hit the wall
3. I think that they are two totally different QB's

I used to live next door to Scott Mitchell. I used to play basketball at his house. In fact when they had there son I joked that he named it after me (Same first name, and no he didn't name his son awing ). Guy published a buisness book before leaving college and i believe is now doing finacial type work. When he got to Detriot he sent me one of his game jersey's as well as one of the dolphins one. He is an outstanding guy but I always felt he was never more then a backup.

Aj has promise and growth capabilities. If at the end of this season he hasn't sold people then I think its time to part ways, But the fact remains is we are not getting DAN MARINO BACK so keep dreaming folks. The more I think about it the more I see similarities to the situation, but I see the difference in style and skills.

Any way thats my two cents.
good post ,especially knowing mitchell , thats pretty cool

DolphinDevil28 said:
Want me to start naming the college awards that Danny Wuerfell won?? :D

go right ahead , i dont think you understand the he was expected to do very well in the nfl. it was a surprise to see him go that late. anyways weren't you in 5th grade then.

Feeley has the advantage of working w/ a good coach like Saban. Seems to me the fins have the coaches to make Feeley successful. The only question is whether if Feeley is smart. He has the physical tools, but does he have the brain? Rob Johnson had the tools but he didn't have the brain to use them.

ercin13 said:
go right ahead , i dont think you understand the he was expected to do very well in the nfl. it was a surprise to see him go that late. anyways weren't you in 5th grade then.

:roflmao::roflmao:

I could give a rat's @ss about this thread. The only reason I responded was to stir your pot.

I knew you were going to snap back like that! :lol: I love it!

Such a hot head!

Like stealing candy from a baby! :lol:

ercin13 said:
picked 32nd you can call it second round

99-2000 heisman finalist

maxwell award oustanding player of the year

obrien award top qb 99-2000

no i dont see any high expectations there :shakeno:

He was considered a tweener, could be great could be a disappointment, he was thought of as a system QB coming out of Purdue and his size and arm streigth was a concern. but his intellegence was concidered high.
That's why his first few years you never heard the word bust when it came to him because alot of GMs were not sure he would succeed to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom