Feeley Rattay Comparison | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Rattay Comparison

Jaj said:
:roflmao: We won that game because of our defense. Oh big woop we beat S.F.

Rattay is two months older than Feeley.

we also lost a few games because of our defense after Feeley lead late drives that gave us the lead... :D

Jaj said:
At the end of this season I would have definitely said that I was a Feeley supporter, however at this point I've begun to really doubt him. What made me doubt him the most was Tim Rattay. Yes Tim Rattay of the 49ers.

- Tim Rattay had worse receivers than A.J. Feeley
- Tim Rattay's offensive line was piss poor, it was considered to be worse than Feeley's.
- Tim Rattay had no running game whatsoever either.
- Tim Rattay had an injury prone Eric Johnson at TE while Feeley had his favorite target of Randy McMicheal all year long.
- Tim Rattay's offensive system was very poor as well.

So what's my point other than giving sympathy for Rattay's situation?

Rattay threw just as many TDs as picks, and had a 60.9 accuracy.

Feeley on the other hand had 11 TDs and 15 Ints, and had a 53.7 accuracy.

Tim Rattay put up a respectable 78 passer rating! Feeley put up only 61.7!This guy is no older than Feeley, he has no more experience than Feeley. He was picked even later than Feeley in his respective draft (2000, Feeley was 2001). Tim Rattay's team was worse than our team, yet when he was not injured he was quite a bit better QB.

Tim Rattay is about to get the boot in S.F. with almost no questions asked. Feeley on the other hand is being given unwavering support. Why is that? Somebody please explain to me...

P.S. for the comment that Feeley is improving, to what mediocrity?
it was Rattays second year in the system.

darkmistress said:
we also lost a few games because of our defense after Feeley lead late drives that gave us the lead... :D

Yes Feeley's late drives after extremely poor games that made his QB rating only look below average :shakeno: The whole game matters ;)

What games the Cinncy games? Feeley had one good drive. He had receivers to pass to. Rattay didn't have much to pass to. The Arizona game? He bombed in that game :shakeno:

We need a franchise QB badly and this is our chance to get one...

By the way that offensive system changed quite a bit over 2003 to 2004, for the worse. All because a player is new to an offensive system doesn't mean he is going to BOMB. :shakeno:

I think Rattays knowledge of his offensive system has a lot to do with the difference in accuracy. Rattay knows the offense better, he has worked with many of the WR before, so he knew what to do in a pressure situation. Feeley didnt have the same grasp on the offense, didnt have total knowledge of his WR, especially early on, so when he got in a jam he made mistakes. Feeling comfortable with the offense is important.

DonShula84 said:
I think Rattays knowledge of his offensive system has a lot to do with the difference in accuracy. Rattay knows the offense better, he has worked with many of the WR before, so he knew what to do in a pressure situation. Feeley didnt have the same grasp on the offense, didnt have total knowledge of his WR, especially early on, so when he got in a jam he made mistakes. Feeling comfortable with the offense is important.

So then explain to me how is it that Feeley still was putting up poor stats and only had one respectable game in the 80s even by the end of the year?

Jaj said:
Yes Feeley's late drives after extremely poor games that made his QB rating only look below average :shakeno: The whole game matters ;)

What games the Cinncy games? Feeley had one good drive. He had receivers to pass to. Rattay didn't have much to pass to. The Arizona game? He bombed in that game :shakeno:

By the way that offensive system changed quite a bit over 2003 to 2004, for the worse. All because a player is new to an offensive system doesn't mean he is going to BOMB. :shakeno:

For one thing, Feely didn't play in the Arizona game!!!!:D How do I know, because that was officially the last start for Fiedler and tha last game coached for Wannstedt as Dolphins!!!!!:D

NorthFloridaFin said:
For one thing, Feely didn't play in the Arizona game!!!!:D How do I know, because that was officially the last start for Fiedler and tha last game coached for Wannstedt as Dolphins!!!!!:D

Check again, oh brilliant one :shakeno:

Feeley was coming from a WC system to a BS system.. He was used to checking down and having the receiver make an adjustment if something went awry, thats why early on Feeley would through to a spot, while the receiver went the opposite way..

SkapePhin said:
Feeley was coming from a WC system to a BS system.. He was used to checking down and having the receiver make an adjustment if something went awry, thats why early on Feeley would through to a spot, while the receiver went the opposite way..

Funny thing is his accuracy didn't go up by the end of the year so this is a moot point...

Jaj said:
Funny thing is his accuracy didn't go up by the end of the year so this is a moot point...

He looked more accurate to me.. Thats all I can go on.. I guess stats dont back that up though.. He eliminated mistakes at the end of the year, so there is hope. He can make all the throws as witnessed throughout the year. I think he can become a legit starter, even if his first year stats dont look too hot. He won alot of games his first year starting with a good supporting cast.. Whats not to say he cant do the same here with a good supporting cast?

Jaj said:

Actually the Arizona game was one of the ones that he gave us the lead in the final two minutes then the D gave up and we lost it... :(

I'm not defending Feeley's poor play last year, but you can't tell me that the circumstances in which he had to learn under where in anyway normal...Especially seeing as he was brought in to compliment Ricky Williams, not to be the centre of the offense like he ended up having to be.

But really, the only stat that really matters to me is the W... :D

Back
Top Bottom