Feeley Rattay Comparison | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Rattay Comparison

Jaj said:
Funny thing is his accuracy didn't go up by the end of the year so this is a moot point...

His last 2 games his accuracy was 62.9 and 58.1. Considering at the beginning of the year he was as low as 40 I think that shows he was improving.

Rattay didnt cost San Fran a 2nd rounder did he? Supposedly a big difference in talent...we threw away that 2nd rounder on 5th-6th round talent. At least the 49ers can just replace Rattay if they want, they dont have to give him more chances because they wasted a high draft pick on him. Im all for drafting a Qb with our 1st or 3rd rounder (2nd if we get one), we need a serious talent upgrade. Feeley/Frerotte is easily one of the worst Qb rotations in football, easily. The only worse rotation was Fiedler/Feeley. Its way past time we realized that we need to find some real talent at the position.
The original posters points are solid, the "it was Feeley's first year in a system" stuff is absurd. The man looked like a 20 year old rookie. Rattay is a better Qb, not saying much but its the honest truth. Feeley had a lot more talent on offense than Rattay and he had years of good coaching from Reid. Feeley was a career backup, it was his job for years to be prepared to go any given week he wasnt prepared after taking 1st team snaps and starting for weeks on end. He's a dud plain and simple.

finfansince72 said:
Rattay didnt cost San Fran a 2nd rounder did he? Supposedly a big difference in talent...we threw away that 2nd rounder on 5th-6th round talent. At least the 49ers can just replace Rattay if they want, they dont have to give him more chances because they wasted a high draft pick on him. Im all for drafting a Qb with our 1st or 3rd rounder (2nd if we get one), we need a serious talent upgrade. Feeley/Frerotte is easily one of the worst Qb rotations in football, easily. The only worse rotation was Fiedler/Feeley. Its way past time we realized that we need to find some real talent at the position.
The original posters points are solid, the "it was Feeley's first year in a system" stuff is absurd. The man looked like a 20 year old rookie. Rattay is a better Qb, not saying much but its the honest truth. Feeley had a lot more talent on offense than Rattay and he had years of good coaching from Reid. Feeley was a career backup, it was his job for years to be prepared to go any given week he wasnt prepared after taking 1st team snaps and starting for weeks on end. He's a dud plain and simple.

Think about it in the terms of combat, for years, Feeley showed up to the arena with a full set of shining armor, then one day, someone steals all his armor, and he is left with a stick and his skivies.. You think he might have a hard time adjusting to his new "equipment" at the arena? Well, that is pretty much the equivalent of the Eagles and Dolphins OLs. Riches to Rags.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges with Feeley and Rattay.....Rattay has had a little more time learning San Fran's system...and San Fran plays in an easier division and I think the NFC as a whole was rather cupcake on D....I would not say Feeley is MUCH greater than Rattay but I would say he a little better.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Yeah, well Feely is 1-0 vs. San Fran, and that is the only stat that matters!!
How is that all that matters? they were the worst flippin team!

By the way the 1st post in this thread was right on. Aj f-ckin s-cks. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Roman529 said:
I think you are comparing apples and oranges with Feeley and Rattay.....Rattay has had a little more time learning San Fran's system...and San Fran plays in an easier division and I think the NFC as a whole was rather cupcake on D....I would not say Feeley is MUCH greater than Rattay but I would say he a little better.

I'd disagree quite a bit. Rattay performed great in his only game against AFC East competition. Feeley played very poorly when he played against the NFC West.

Jaj said:
I'd disagree quite a bit. Rattay performed great in his only game against AFC East competition. Feeley played very poorly when he played against the NFC West.
Im going to edit that last statement: Feeley played very poorly when he played against everyone.

There that looks much more accurate

Needing some "time"? HE had all of training camp, and all of the season, he was terrible all year with the exception of the Pats game. A veteren shouldnt need 2 entire years to learn a system. If thats the case then he's pretty stupid and that should be a warning sign. Didnt see anyone making this case when we dumped Griese. Strange. I hope youre right because our Qb rotation is simply terrible and the only hope is that Feeley will become a solid starter and there is no real indication that is going to happen. Id like to have faith but its just not realistic to think Feeley is going to overcome one of the worst seasons Ive watched a Qb have. He had Ryan Leaf-like season, it was that bad.

finfansince72 said:
Needing some "time"? HE had all of training camp, and all of the season, he was terrible all year with the exception of the Pats game. A veteren shouldnt need 2 entire years to learn a system. If thats the case then he's pretty stupid and that should be a warning sign. Didnt see anyone making this case when we dumped Griese. Strange. I hope youre right because our Qb rotation is simply terrible and the only hope is that Feeley will become a solid starter and there is no real indication that is going to happen. Id like to have faith but its just not realistic to think Feeley is going to overcome one of the worst seasons Ive watched a Qb have. He had Ryan Leaf-like season, it was that bad.

Does anyone realize that before this year, he has had only 8 starts to his name since high school!!! If he hadn't got injured in college, Nobody would even know who Joey Harrington is. Also, can you tell me one game when Feely had the support of a consistent running game or more than 2 seconds to throw the ball?

NorthFloridaFin said:
Does anyone realize that before this year, he has had only 8 starts to his name since high school!!! If he hadn't got injured in college, Nobody would even know who Joey Harrington is. Also, can you tell me one game when Feely had the support of a consistent running game or more than 2 seconds to throw the ball?

When did Rattay have it either? Definitely not against the Jets when he put up 95 rating. Feeley could only dream of doing that. Feeley simply is a tough QB, with a good arm (it's not a cannon like some people say). He's not very accurate and he makes quite a few bone-headed moves. I think Saban might be looking for more from his QB in the future.

I'm fine with Feeley/Frerrote for now. I want Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers however :cool:

Boik14 said:
By the way the 1st post in this thread was right on. Aj f-ckin s-cks. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
I love when people say that!:shakeno:

hello

ok how can you compair feeley to tim i mean tim has played longer and knew there system and Aj really didnt get to work with the first string b/c wanny was allways kissing fiedlers *** but towerd the end of the season the line started to block and he got the fill of things and started to make good decions with the ball i think since feidler is know gone saben will let Aj work with the 1st team a lot and come next year he will be better i mean we gave fiedler 4 years i think Aj at least deserves one more shot and people has to give him credit he played hurt and that takes guts expecially with the line we had last year.

thanx:wink:

Dolphinfan_7 said:
ok how can you compair feeley to tim i mean tim has played longer and knew there system and Aj really didnt get to work with the first string b/c wanny was allways kissing fiedlers *** but towerd the end of the season the line started to block and he got the fill of things and started to make good decions with the ball i think since feidler is know gone saben will let Aj work with the 1st team a lot and come next year he will be better i mean we gave fiedler 4 years i think Aj at least deserves one more shot and people has to give him credit he played hurt and that takes guts expecially with the line we had last year.

thanx:wink:

It doesn't matter if you know the system and you have **** around you. That's really a laughable argument and so far it's the only one. By the way Ken Dorsey put up a higher rating than Feeley although that comparison is closer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom