Feeley Rattay Comparison | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Rattay Comparison

SCall13 said:
So what we beat the Pats. And AJ single handedly beat them. :shakeno: I've said it 100 times -our defense won that game for us by setting us up. Period.

Our D, don't get me started. AJ threw a beautiful pass, end of story.
I've said this a 100 times too, most of you experts would have cut B. Farve after his first year with the Packers, he drove Homgren crazy. Not only did he have a better OL and WR's, plus TE, he had a running game. It would also have drove you guys crazy that GB gave Atl a 1st for the 3rd string QB. But GB's GM was considered a genius. We gave a 2nd for what was argurbaly the 2nd string of Philly. Now let's review.

AJ goes from WC O to a hybird of Norv's.
Those who said Griese did well in Tampa, should understand Greise was a starter for years, ran a WCO in Denver and then ran Gruden WCO in Tampa, didn't have a big learning curve. See Griese when he had to learn Norv's O. A little different result.
AJ should have been given the majority of the reps last summer, Wanny was being loyal to Jay and this cost AJ some early season developement. It's very important to get the reps in the NFL, this is not little league.
The 2 QB's rated #1 in this draft are not Franchise QB's, there's just no competition at that spot for them. these guys weren't talked about before the end of the year, so you guys who keep screaming Franchise QB's in Rogers and Smith are way off base.
If our OL play improves, you WILL see improved play at QB. If our Running game improves, you will see IMPROVE play at QB.
AJ does have to learn a new offense, so he's behind Gus a little, but I'd rather him developing so that we may have him for another 8 years, than a stop gap with Gus and looking for a QB within 2 years.
I think AJ is the answer for the next 8-10 years. Once he's comfortable in this O, I can't wait until his instincts take over, it should be some exciting football.

MDFINFAN said:
I've said this a 100 times too, most of you experts would have cut B. Farve after his first year with the Packers, he drove Homgren crazy. Not only did he have a better OL and WR's, plus TE, he had a running game. It would also have drove you guys crazy that GB gave Atl a 1st for the 3rd string QB. But GB's GM was considered a genius. We gave a 2nd for what was argurbaly the 2nd string of Philly. Now let's review.

Those who said Griese did well in Tampa, should understand Greise was a starter for years, ran a WCO in Denver and then ran Gruden WCO in Tampa, didn't have a big learning curve. See Griese when he had to learn Norv's O. A little different result.
AJ should have been given the majority of the reps last summer, Wanny was being loyal to Jay and this cost AJ some early season developement. It's very important to get the reps in the NFL, this is not little league.
The 2 QB's rated #1 in this draft are not Franchise QB's, there's just no competition at that spot for them. these guys weren't talked about before the end of the year, so you guys who keep screaming Franchise QB's in Rogers and Smith are way off base.
If our OL play improves, you WILL see improved play at QB. If our Running game improves, you will see IMPROVE play at QB.
AJ does have to learn a new offense, so he's behind Gus a little, but I'd rather him developing so that we may have him for another 8 years, than a stop gap with Gus and looking for a QB within 2 years.
I think AJ is the answer for the next 8-10 years. Once he's comfortable in this O, I can't wait until his instincts take over, it should be some exciting football.

So if AJ is mediocre again will you blame it on him splitting reps with Frerotte? Hes not a rookie, he wasn't last year.

I don't get your argument about the top two QB's, who says any QB is a franchise QB? The fact is they are highly rated prospects in this draft at a position we have no bonafide starter for, if they weren't considered top prospects they wouldn't get drafted high, its as simple as that. There have been drafts before where no QB's were even taken in the first round.

MDFINFAN said:

I agree...not sure with the 8-10 years part....maybe 5 years...but 5 years is a life time in the NFL. GO PHINS!

BlueFin said:
So if AJ is mediocre again will you blame it on him splitting reps with Frerotte? Hes not a rookie, he wasn't last year.

I don't get your argument about the top two QB's, who says any QB is a franchise QB? The fact is they are highly rated prospects in this draft at a position we have no bonafide starter for, if they weren't considered top prospects they wouldn't get drafted high, its as simple as that. There have been drafts before where no QB's were even taken in the first round.

I expect AJ to struggle initially with a new O, he WILL BE THINKING A LOT at first, wouldn't you if you're learning something new. Not only does a QB have to know the plays, he has to know what everyone else is doing too. He also has to know the footwork involved, the fakes, the audibles, the concept for that play, then he must now read the D, (which there are mulitiples), and adjust accordingly. So will AJ struggle a little, YEA. Gus just has to read the D's at this point.

My argument about the top two QB's are that they wouldn't be considered top 2 in other drafts. In other words, they don't have the franchise petigree that a Manning, Rostelberger, Culpepper, McNabb, Vick, and Palmer had, you knew a lot about these guys before they finished college....Those are Franchise QB's. These guys are just the best of this draft in terms of their positions, but not the best players in this draft..big difference. That's why it 's been so confusing to set this draft up in terms of who's #1 -30. You almost can pick any of the first 30 players at #1. With a franchise QB there's no doubt who's number 1. That's why we're considering moving down, the value is just not there.

Oh yeah, and by the way He did have running gameBarlow wasnt that bad and his o-line was better then ours,plus he can run...

about AJ we have to give him a chance, and Frerrotte splitting snaps, idk if thats during the season i dont understand i dont watch ESPN that much, but w/e

so what, Rattay's **** Feeleys ****, we are willing to give him a 2nd chance but SF aren't end of story, thats how life is... unfair and ****

It just says to me that neither player can carry his team and they need a great supporting cast especially on the OL to be effective.

MDFINFAN said:

Oh yeah. You are soooo right. AJ Feeley is the next Favre. :shakeno: :roflmao: :roflmao:

MDFINFAN said:
I expect AJ to struggle initially with a new O, he WILL BE THINKING A LOT at first, wouldn't you if you're learning something new. Not only does a QB have to know the plays, he has to know what everyone else is doing too. He also has to know the footwork involved, the fakes, the audibles, the concept for that play, then he must now read the D, (which there are mulitiples), and adjust accordingly. So will AJ struggle a little, YEA. Gus just has to read the D's at this point.

My argument about the top two QB's are that they wouldn't be considered top 2 in other drafts. In other words, they don't have the franchise petigree that a Manning, Rostelberger, Culpepper, McNabb, Vick, and Palmer had, you knew a lot about these guys before they finished college....Those are Franchise QB's. These guys are just the best of this draft in terms of their positions, but not the best players in this draft..big difference. That's why it 's been so confusing to set this draft up in terms of who's #1 -30. You almost can pick any of the first 30 players at #1. With a franchise QB there's no doubt who's number 1. That's why we're considering moving down, the value is just not there.

We know as much or more about Rodgers and Smith as we did about Culpepper or Roethlisberger, who both played at small schools.

They were no more franchise quarterbacks(which is really a useless term) than these two are. The whole draft is a crapshoot and no one is a sure thing.

They are all just prospects at this point, as it is these two QB's are much better prospects coming out of college than AJ Feeley ever dreamed of being.

Any team with intelligence is going to investigate moving down, any GM who didn't would not be properly doing their job, there is always the hope someone like Ditka will offer you the house in a trade-up, doesn't mean it will happen, just because we are looking into it doesn't mean Saban will ultimately decide its a better deal than drafting the player at #2.

Both of these QB's have the kind of intangibles that IMO place them over many of the QB's drafted in prior drafts. Both of these guys have as much intelligence or more than Phillip Rivers, they are both better athletes than Phillip Rivers. Rodgers arm is stronger and Smiths is as strong as Rivers. Both are just as accurate.

Don't asssume you know what Saban is thinking about these QB's just because we are willing to consider trade-down offers, he also said he would go by the chart which means it will take a lot to get this pick out of us, it also means it probably won't happen.

There is a lot of poker playing and blowing smoke that occurs in the weeks leading up to draft. I don't know what hes ultimately going to do, but its ridiculous to suggest he won't draft a QB with the number #2 pick just because were entertaining offers for the pick.

You don't think much of these QB's, I happen to think they will both be successful NFL quarterbacks because they both have the biggest weapon a QB can have, and thats what is between his ears.

AJ's inability to learn the offense last year raises questions about what he has up there.

Jaj said:
It doesn't matter if you know the system and you have **** around you. That's really a laughable argument and so far it's the only one. By the way Ken Dorsey put up a higher rating than Feeley although that comparison is closer :lol:

If the system doesn't matter explain Griese's improved play in Tampa !!

MDFINFAN said:

I totally disagree. Feeley has had and will have plenty of time to learn the offense to the point where the part of it will not be a factor. That is, of course, if he doesn't continue his slow learning ways. Feeley has a had a playbook probably since the day Linehan was hired. He has had all this time and still has time to learn the plays and the terminology. This is no excuse. By now, he could realistically have the terminology down. When camp arrives, he will get comfortable "knowing where all the other players are". The problem is: will he learn the offense. And will he cut down on the mistakes. We'll see. But there is no sense making excuses for the guy already. If he is going to be the guy, he should be more than ready and prepared when camp starts and definetly by when the season starts.

BlueFin said:
We know as much or more about Rodgers and Smith as we did about Culpepper or Roethlisberger, who both played at small schools.

They were no more franchise quarterbacks(which is really a useless term) than these two are. The whole draft is a crapshoot and no one is a sure thing.

They are all just prospects at this point, as it is these two QB's are much better prospects coming out of college than AJ Feeley ever dreamed of being.

Any team with intelligence is going to investigate moving down, any GM who didn't would not be properly doing their job, there is always the hope someone like Ditka will offer you the house in a trade-up, doesn't mean it will happen, just because we are looking into it doesn't mean Saban will ultimately decide its a better deal than drafting the player at #2.

Both of these QB's have the kind of intangibles that IMO place them over many of the QB's drafted in prior drafts. Both of these guys have as much intelligence or more than Phillip Rivers, they are both better athletes than Phillip Rivers. Rodgers arm is stronger and Smiths is as strong as Rivers. Both are just as accurate.

Don't asssume you know what Saban is thinking about these QB's just because we are willing to consider trade-down offers, he also said he would go by the chart which means it will take a lot to get this pick out of us, it also means it probably won't happen.

There is a lot of poker playing and blowing smoke that occurs in the weeks leading up to draft. I don't know what hes ultimately going to do, but its ridiculous to suggest he won't draft a QB with the number #2 pick just because were entertaining offers for the pick.

You don't think much of these QB's, I happen to think they will both be successful NFL quarterbacks because they both have the biggest weapon a QB can have, and thats what is between his ears.

AJ's inability to learn the offense last year raises questions about what he has up there.

Let's just say we disagee about the value of these two QB's, I agree the draft is a crapshoot, but I just don't get the Hmmm, from these two QB's that I had with Culpepper and Roethlisberger, I think they were system guys, Look at the Jag's QB, who was also a small school QB, but you saw him on TV a lot, he was spoken of often, he's a franchise type guys that you could trust. I'm not saying that Smith and Rogers, I like that, Smith and Rogers, won't be good. In the right system, with the right ppl, they probaly succeed..I just don't think they're the type players to build your O around. When I'm drafting 1 or 2, and pick a QB, I'm thinking I can build my O around his guy. AJ's inability to learn the O was to due to lack of reps, these playbooks aren't the ones you had in pop warner or school. These are bigger than 2 encyclopedias..That's why ppl generally say the 2nd year in a O, is more revealing of a player. Go back and look at B. Farve from year 1 to year 2. You do have to use some common sense about this and not let emotions rule. AJ had a hard 1st year with us, but struck with it and impressed me a lot. Anybody playing behind that line and win any game has my respect. I wouldn't been nervous everytime I went back to pass. The man got baptised by fire last year..he can only go up if even time.

SCall13 said:
I totally disagree. Feeley has had and will have plenty of time to learn the offense to the point where the part of it will not be a factor. That is, of course, if he doesn't continue his slow learning ways. Feeley has a had a playbook probably since the day Linehan was hired. He has had all this time and still has time to learn the plays and the terminology. This is no excuse. By now, he could realistically have the terminology down. When camp arrives, he will get comfortable "knowing where all the other players are". The problem is: will he learn the offense. And will he cut down on the mistakes. We'll see. But there is no sense making excuses for the guy already. If he is going to be the guy, he should be more than ready and prepared when camp starts and definetly by when the season starts.

well I guess we agree to disagree, I can't vouch for how long someone takes to learn something. I just know the playbooks in the NFL are large, and the d's complexed. P. Manning didn't exactly burn up the NFL his 1st 2-3 years, but he grew and now a mvp. But again he didn't have to change O's every year either. Oh well, I'm glad he didn't play for the phins, we'd want him to be gone, We're not big on giving someone 1 to 2 years to grow in an offense. B. Farve, J. Montana and some others, you better be glad you didn't have our fans for GM's. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom