Feeley Rattay Comparison | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Rattay Comparison

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
At the end of this season I would have definitely said that I was a Feeley supporter, however at this point I've begun to really doubt him. What made me doubt him the most was Tim Rattay. Yes Tim Rattay of the 49ers.

- Tim Rattay had worse receivers than A.J. Feeley
- Tim Rattay's offensive line was piss poor, it was considered to be worse than Feeley's.
- Tim Rattay had no running game whatsoever either.
- Tim Rattay had an injury prone Eric Johnson at TE while Feeley had his favorite target of Randy McMicheal all year long.
- Tim Rattay's offensive system was very poor as well.

So what's my point other than giving sympathy for Rattay's situation?

Rattay threw just as many TDs as picks, and had a 60.9 accuracy.

Feeley on the other hand had 11 TDs and 15 Ints, and had a 53.7 accuracy.

Tim Rattay put up a respectable 78 passer rating! Feeley put up only 61.7!This guy is no older than Feeley, he has no more experience than Feeley. He was picked even later than Feeley in his respective draft (2000, Feeley was 2001). Tim Rattay's team was worse than our team, yet when he was not injured he was quite a bit better QB.

Tim Rattay is about to get the boot in S.F. with almost no questions asked. Feeley on the other hand is being given unwavering support. Why is that? Somebody please explain to me...

P.S. for the comment that Feeley is improving, to what mediocrity?

Rattay played in the NFC and the West, while Feeley played in the AFC and the East. Still, Feeley struggled(he was hurt most of the season).

One thing that you did not mention is that Rattay had consiberable time within SF's system already, having played much of the 2003 season for them, and doing quite well that first season with TO to throw to.. He had familiarity with his team that Feeley DID NOT have and quite frankly wasnt given much of a opportunity to have.. I dont think Rattay is trash either.. If SF gives up on him, I believe he will start for another team down the road, if he can stay healthy.

Nublar7 said:
Rattay played in the NFC and the West, while Feeley played in the AFC and the East. Still, Feeley struggled(he was hurt most of the season).

That too.. :tongue:

The NFC West isnt really known for their lights out defenses.

fact of the matter is, feeley has no pocket presense, yes guys are flying at him from all angles, but that doesnt mean you have to just throw the ball up for everyone to catch, including defensive players...im not impressed with his arm strength, and id rather see a chimp with pads and a helmet...nah im just playin but i feel aj feeley's supposed improvement will have to be dramatic in the next season for him to keep his job

Hmmm but I have another interesting fact for you guys. Feeley's worst ratings of the year were against Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Seattle. Rattay ripped apart Arizona and played well against Seattle.

Rattay had the crap beat out of him all year. He's having surgery after this year. Feeley did not have an injury like that.

One thing that you did not mention is that Rattay had consiberable time within SF's system already, having played much of the 2003 season for them, and doing quite well that first season with TO to throw to.. He had familiarity with his team that Feeley DID NOT have and quite frankly wasnt given much of a opportunity to have.. I dont think Rattay is trash either.. If SF gives up on him, I believe he will start for another team down the road, if he can stay healthy.

Just what I was about to post... :D

Jaj said:
Hmmm but I have another interesting fact for you guys. Feeley's worst ratings of the year were against Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Seattle. Rattay ripped apart Arizona and played well against Seattle.

Rattay had the crap beat out of him all year. He's having surgery after this year. Feeley did not have an injury like that.

Pittsburgh was his second game of the year, in a HURRICANE.. I give him a pass on that one. I actually thought Feeley did well vs Seattle considering the circumstances (His hip was destroyed), and was rallying late.. Were it not for that pass to Michael Boulware, he would have been the savior of the game. Now Arizona I admit he screwed the pooch in that one.. Although, he did get us back on top of Arizona, then Fitz tore up our secondary last second..

As for Rattay, he is familiar with the NFC West. It would stand to reason that he would fare better against them already having faced them the season prior..

Plus Rattay absolutely ripped apart the only competition he faced from the AFC East, the New York Jets when they were at their peak before they faced N.E. for the first time.

It doesn't really matter....Miami probably isn't going to make the playoffs in 2005 anyways (though of course I hope they do)...If Feeley gets beat out by Frerotte, he'll be gone in 2006....If Feeley starts but plays poorly, he'll be gone in 2006.

What's the big deal?

If he really does stink (though I hope he won't), Saban will get rid of him and that'll be that.

It's not like the margin of their play is small where you can even argue these points though Skape. 16 points on a passer rating is HUGE!

- The most important point is by far Rattay's respectable accuracy rating vs. Feeley's poor one. That really didn't even go up by the end of the year. If I'm not mistaken it went down.

Jaj said:
Plus Rattay absolutely ripped apart the only competition he faced from the AFC East, the New York Jets when they were at their peak before they faced N.E. for the first time.

again, Rattay isnt an absolute bum.. He has talent.. In fact, Ive seen many niner fans say that they dont want to draft a QB.. They want to stay with Rattay. But they understand a new regime might want their own guy to grow with since Rattay is already in his 30s I believe.

Gladsadmad said:
It doesn't really matter....Miami probably isn't going to make the playoffs in 2005 anyways (though of course I hope they do)...If Feeley gets beat out by Frerotte, he'll be gone in 2006....If Feeley starts but plays poorly, he'll be gone in 2006.

What's the big deal?

If he really does stink (though I hope he won't), Saban will get rid of him and that'll be that.

I'm a draft QB proponent. Either that or Braylon and then Andrew Walter for me. I hope nobody comes with that stupid argument that Feeley was a rookie last year. A simple answer would be how did Chad Pennington do in his so called "rookie year". He tore apart the league.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Yeah, well Feely is 1-0 vs. San Fran, and that is the only stat that matters!!

:roflmao: We won that game because of our defense. Oh big woop we beat S.F.

Rattay is two months older than Feeley.

Back
Top Bottom