Feeley revisited.

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
I went back and checked to see if Feeley made any progress at the end of last season. He did improve in his last 5 starts where he posted a 3-2 record.

His wins were against 2 bad teams and the SB champs. The only bad game in that span was a Jekyl and Hyde performance where he torched the Buffalo Bills in the first quarter for 3td's and Blew the game with 5 ints.

One could argue that in Feeley's last 6 starts the Dolphins should have gone 6-0. The first game was against Seattle (scored tied) where we were driving for the game winning FG and Feeley threw a pick 6 to lose the game. That was the first time i thought Feeley actually played very well, but we ended up on the losing in the end.

His next start was in SF where he played pretty well and we won. The next game was Buffalo where we had a big lead, but Feeley pretty much lost the game with his 5 picks. We then played Denver in a very close game that went into the 4th quarter tied up and Denver went ahead with a FG and the offense couldn't muster a game winning drive. His last two starts were wins against New England where he played lights out and Cleveland where he played well enough to get the win (no picks).

His final Five starts he threw for 9 TD's and 7 Int's (5 in one game) and had a 3-2 record.

IMO Feeley COULD be poised to have a breakout season in 05. If the Offensive line plays like they belong in the NFL, we add a good RB and possibly another reciever the Dolphins could feasibly have a very potent offense with Feeley at the helm.

I'm still in favor of drafting a QB to groom (Walter) but i believe Feeley proved in his last 5-6 starts he deserves another chance to be our starting QB this season.

Keep your heads up guys, we may have been dismal last year, but the Phins could very well be back in contention this year with a good draft.
 

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
13,516
Reaction score
146
Location
Charlotte, NC
Cheapshotz said:
I went back and checked to see if Feeley made any progress at the end of last season. He did improve in his last 5 starts where he posted a 3-2 record.

His wins were against 2 bad teams and the SB champs. The only bad game in that span was a Jekyl and Hyde performance where he torched the Buffalo Bills in the first quarter for 3td's and Blew the game with 5 ints.

One could argue that in Feeley's last 6 starts the Dolphins should have gone 6-0. The first game was against Seattle (scored tied) where we were driving for the game winning FG and Feeley threw a pick 6 to lose the game. That was the first time i thought Feeley actually played very well, but we ended up on the losing in the end.

His next start was in SF where he played pretty well and we won. The next game was Buffalo where we had a big lead, but Feeley pretty much lost the game with his 5 picks. We then played Denver in a very close game that went into the 4th quarter tied up and Denver went ahead with a FG and the offense couldn't muster a game winning drive. His last two starts were wins against New England where he played lights out and Cleveland where he played well enough to get the win (no picks).

His final Five starts he threw for 9 TD's and 7 Int's (5 in one game) and had a 3-2 record.

IMO Feeley COULD be poised to have a breakout season in 05. If the Offensive line plays like they belong in the NFL, we add a good RB and possibly another reciever the Dolphins could feasibly have a very potent offense with Feeley at the helm.

I'm still in favor of drafting a QB to groom (Walter) but i believe Feeley proved in his last 5-6 starts he deserves another chance to be our starting QB this season.

Keep your heads up guys, we may have been dismal last year, but the Phins could very well be back in contention this year with a good draft.

Feeley did show some improvement. But not that much. And I disagree that he played "lights out" against New England. With the exception of the one decent pass to Derrius Thmpson, he played a very mediocre game.
 

arsenal

Beastin'
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
8,477
Reaction score
12
Location
Commack, NY
i agree... i thought it was common knowledge that a QB needs PLAYING TIME to develop in this league... no matter how long they sit on the bench they wont progress unless they play the game... he did progress and i thikn he can have a good season next year... the biggest key for feeley and the offensive line will be the ability to beat the blitz

last year we had no hot reads when teams blitzed so if our line couldn't hold the blitz (which omst lines cant) feeley still had to either wait till the WR ran their full route, get sacked, force the pass or dump it off... but this year im sure we'l lhave some hot reads where we will be able to beat blitzes so teams cant blitz us 80% of the time cause we will have ways to exploit it, i think that wlil be key to good Oline play and good feeley play...

its not that our line was that bad its that we couldnt beat a blitz, no line can hold up to a blitz every damn down, you need to be able to have plays to beat blitzes to get the opposing teams to stop doing it os often, once we will have that in place i tihnk things will be a lot better...
 

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
5,262
Reaction score
4
Age
56
Location
philly
it is the only hope of a fast turn around for the phins is if this guy is a franchise QB or not, if he is not we are looking at a few years of rebuilding at 8-8 records
 

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
24,024
Reaction score
1
Age
56
Location
Northern NJ
I'm not sure he beats out Gus! It would be best if he does, but right now, I don't have much faith in him!
 

PhinBeck

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
4,873
Reaction score
0
NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm not sure he beats out Gus! It would be best if he does, but right now, I don't have much faith in him!

And I have no faith in Gus.
 

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
SCall13 said:
Feeley did show some improvement. But not that much. And I disagree that he played "lights out" against New England. With the exception of the one decent pass to Derrius Thmpson, he played a very mediocre game.
It was his best game of the year against the best team in the league.

22/35 200 yrds 64% cmp 1 TD 0 Ints 88 QB + a WIN - Pretty good stats against IMO the best defense in the league.
 

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
24,024
Reaction score
1
Age
56
Location
Northern NJ
rickeyrunsover said:
And I have no faith in Gus.
I know he knows the offense! I don't know that Feeley knows the offense. Is Gus the long term solution? No. But I'm not sold that AJ is.
 

NYinBostonFin

Playoffs Please!!
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
4,604
Reaction score
42
Age
44
NJFINSFAN1 said:
I know he knows the offense! I don't know that Feeley knows the offense. Is Gus the long term solution? No. But I'm not sold that AJ is.
That isn't the point. we should be using gus only if feeley looks like total crap.
if you put in gus just b/c he knows the offense then we give up on a kid that may have potential for a vet qb that hasnt done much of anything his whole career.
 

touborg

Board Linebacker
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
4,442
Reaction score
1
Age
37
Location
Copenhagen, Denmark
It really doesn't matter what happened last season, because it's over and a new season is starting.

I'll tell you one thing though, Feeley better play well from day one. He's had his "rookie" season, and no one in their right mind has a 28 year old development project. If he wants to be a starter in this league, he will get his chance, but after he steps on the field this year, there are no excuses.
 

Cheapshotz

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Age
42
NJFINSFAN1 said:
I know he knows the offense! I don't know that Feeley knows the offense. Is Gus the long term solution? No. But I'm not sold that AJ is.
I'm not sold that Feeley's the answer either man. I do think he played better at the end of the year last year. I do believe he EARNED the starters job going into this season as a make or break year.

Gus Frerotte is not the answer and IMO should backup Feeley the entire season. This is Feeley's year to prove himself on a 16 game schedule. IF he's not the answer, the QB we had better draft on day 1 this year, goes into the 06 season as the starter.
 

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
Aug 23, 2004
Messages
24,024
Reaction score
1
Age
56
Location
Northern NJ
NYinBostonFin said:
That isn't the point. we should be using gus only if feeley looks like total crap.
if you put in gus just b/c he knows the offense then we give up on a kid that may have potential for a vet qb that hasnt done much of anything his whole career.
If Feeley can't beat out Gus, then he does not belong! It's all up to Feeley! You don't just start a QB because you want too! He has to earn it!

I hope Feeley does it, but if he dosen't, then I'm fine with Gus.
 

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
2,593
Reaction score
75
Feeley revisited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back and checked to see if Feeley made any progress at the end of last season. He did improve in his last 5 starts where he posted a 3-2 record.

His wins were against 2 bad teams and the SB champs. The only bad game in that span was a Jekyl and Hyde performance where he torched the Buffalo Bills in the first quarter for 3td's and Blew the game with 5 ints.

One could argue that in Feeley's last 6 starts the Dolphins should have gone 6-0. The first game was against Seattle (scored tied) where we were driving for the game winning FG and Feeley threw a pick 6 to lose the game. That was the first time i thought Feeley actually played very well, but we ended up on the losing in the end.

His next start was in SF where he played pretty well and we won. The next game was Buffalo where we had a big lead, but Feeley pretty much lost the game with his 5 picks. We then played Denver in a very close game that went into the 4th quarter tied up and Denver went ahead with a FG and the offense couldn't muster a game winning drive. His last two starts were wins against New England where he played lights out and Cleveland where he played well enough to get the win (no picks).

His final Five starts he threw for 9 TD's and 7 Int's (5 in one game) and had a 3-2 record.

IMO Feeley COULD be poised to have a breakout season in 05. If the Offensive line plays like they belong in the NFL, we add a good RB and possibly another reciever the Dolphins could feasibly have a very potent offense with Feeley at the helm.

I'm still in favor of drafting a QB to groom (Walter) but i believe Feeley proved in his last 5-6 starts he deserves another chance to be our starting QB this season.

Keep your heads up guys, we may have been dismal last year, but the Phins could very well be back in contention this year with a good draft.
Great post. I totally agree. In fact if you take out the three quarters in Buffalo, his last half of the season is extremely impressive.

I like the idea of drafting a good young arm like Walter in the third to groom and i agree that this could be a breakout season for Feeley, provided our Oline plays well.
 

Joey 22

Second String
Joined
Mar 5, 2005
Messages
1,447
Reaction score
0
Cheapshotz said:
I went back and checked to see if Feeley made any progress at the end of last season. He did improve in his last 5 starts where he posted a 3-2 record.

His wins were against 2 bad teams and the SB champs. The only bad game in that span was a Jekyl and Hyde performance where he torched the Buffalo Bills in the first quarter for 3td's and Blew the game with 5 ints.

One could argue that in Feeley's last 6 starts the Dolphins should have gone 6-0. The first game was against Seattle (scored tied) where we were driving for the game winning FG and Feeley threw a pick 6 to lose the game. That was the first time i thought Feeley actually played very well, but we ended up on the losing in the end.

His next start was in SF where he played pretty well and we won. The next game was Buffalo where we had a big lead, but Feeley pretty much lost the game with his 5 picks. We then played Denver in a very close game that went into the 4th quarter tied up and Denver went ahead with a FG and the offense couldn't muster a game winning drive. His last two starts were wins against New England where he played lights out and Cleveland where he played well enough to get the win (no picks).

His final Five starts he threw for 9 TD's and 7 Int's (5 in one game) and had a 3-2 record.

IMO Feeley COULD be poised to have a breakout season in 05. If the Offensive line plays like they belong in the NFL, we add a good RB and possibly another reciever the Dolphins could feasibly have a very potent offense with Feeley at the helm.

I'm still in favor of drafting a QB to groom (Walter) but i believe Feeley proved in his last 5-6 starts he deserves another chance to be our starting QB this season.

Keep your heads up guys, we may have been dismal last year, but the Phins could very well be back in contention this year with a good draft.

I agree in everything even in the QB to groom (Walter) but I have some questions with who he is going with. Mainly in the QB to groom, I would hate having Green at the helm.
 
Top Bottom