Feeley Vs Frerotte : They Will Split Snaps | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Vs Frerotte : They Will Split Snaps

rookieholdout said:
i see your point but im just saying that frerotte has a slight advantage on feeley for knowing the system already, wouldnt you cut feeley a little slack?
knowing Feeley has a rep as a poor practice player and knowing how important it is to find out if he really has the ability to be a solid NFL QB, would you cut him any slack this year?

I think this is a case of Saban putting Feeley on the spot for the future good of the team.

He's saying, "s**t or get off the pot".

inFINSible said:
knowing Feeley has a rep as a poor practice player and knowing how important it is to find out if he really has the ability to be a solid NFL QB, would you cut him any slack this year?

I think this is a case of Saban putting Feeley on the spot for the future good of the team.

I like that logic and besides we sat here fors years waiting for Fiedler to come around only to be disappointed year after year. This is Feeleys chance to shine and I hope he does but if he can't get it done then oh well.......bring in someone else.

I think Saban is going to use Gus to "push" AJ to get it in gear.I would be really shocked if Frerotte is proclaimed the starter.To me if Saban had any thoughts of making Gus the starter,I see no reason he would have kept Feeley.Imo better or worse I feel Saban has to play AJ to see what he has in a QB. Gus can always come in and play if AJ just can't get it done.

inFINSible said:

That's right. This "poor practice player" junk has got to go. You work hard, you get rewarded. YOu show poor work ethic in practice, you get what you deserve-the bench. Feeley was also said to have been a very slow learner concerning Miami's offense last year. He better have his nose in the playbook right now. Because the playbook this year is probably at least 5 times the difficulty level as last years' super vanilla scheme.

PHINATIC13 said:
I think Saban is going to use Gus to "push" AJ to get it in gear.I would be really shocked if Frerotte is proclaimed the starter.To me if Saban had any thoughts of making Gus the starter,I see no reason he would have kept Feeley.Imo better or worse I feel Saban has to play AJ to see what he has in a QB. Gus can always come in and play if AJ just can't get it done.

You can find out if he can get it done during practice and in the preseason. You just don't GIVE someone the job without them earning it. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the team? Doing that would be very Wannyesque. I think we've had enough of lax coaches who GIVE players everything. Players need to EARN their spot on the field. There should be no exceptions.

Aj was the starter at the end of last year,Saban wouldn't be giving him anything.It's AJ's job to lose IMO.Besides I don't see the upside to having a 34yr. old back-up, who to me has no better skills than AJ as your starting QB.So as long as AJ picks up Linehan Offense,I don't see Gus beating him out of the job.
SCall13 said:
You can find out if he can get it done during practice and in the preseason. You just don't GIVE someone the job without them earning it. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the team? Doing that would be very Wannyesque. I think we've had enough of lax coaches who GIVE players everything. Players need to EARN their spot on the field. There should be no exceptions.

SCall13 said:

I agree - Players need to EARN their spot on the field. There should be no exceptions.

texasPHINSfan said:
ah but thats the caveat!

will AJ pick it up? he didn't pick up the easy-schmeasy offense from last year.

Exactly. And that brings in to question his work ethic and dedication. Saban will not put up with that type a player. No coach should. Feeley has plenty of time to learn the playbook. If he doesn't, then I feel Saban will sit him in favor of Frerotte.

texasPHINSfan said:
ah but thats the caveat!

Who was supposed to teach it to him?

Norv was in Oakland.

At least this year, there will be a real offensive coordinator teaching his own system. Who knows, that might just make a difference.

If Feeley doesn't respond, oh well, no one to blame but himself.

texasPHINSfan said:
ah but thats the caveat!

That's where I see trouble brewing. If Feeley thinks he can just show up and beat out Frerotte, he's mistaken IMO...

Feeley better be working with Linehan as we speak if he has anything to say about who the starter will be. He needs alot more work than Frerotte does, and if he had trouble learning the offense last year, he's got a huge hill to climb understanding what Linehan is installing....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I could care less about the name of the starting QB. Whoever it may be, I want them to be the best player for the team, regardless of who's been where with whom.

Well get ready for Gus to be or starter..That sucks..Bottom line we need a QB.....Alex Smith

BLITZKRIEG said:
That's where I see trouble brewing. If Feeley thinks he can just show up and beat out Frerotte, he's mistaken IMO...

Feeley better be working with Linehan as we speak if he has anything to say about who the starter will be. He needs alot more work than Frerotte does, and if he had trouble learning the offense last year, he's got a huge hill to climb understanding what Linehan is installing....

PHINZ RULE!!!
I think that's where Saban sees trouble brewing also and he's sending the message that that will be unnacceptable.

You're right, feeley better be doing all that and more. Let's hope he's at least as smart as we are and hears the same thing we're hearing.

That aint asking much is it?? :)

inFINSible said:

Totally agree, he has to get the leash off that Heather has around his next and start working!

Back
Top Bottom