Feeley Vs Frerotte : They Will Split Snaps | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Feeley Vs Frerotte : They Will Split Snaps

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I didn't see this anywhere....Excuse me if I'm late....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/04/01/a3c_fins_0401.html

So, considering this is Linehan's system, and Frerotte knows it already, what are the chances of Feeley overtaking him during Training Camp???....

I have a feeling this is going to be a very close race, but if it's Linehan's decision in the end, Frerotte may be our starter on opening day. He did very well in Minnesota when he played in place of DC, and if he shows that same kind of production in camp, he should start....

I'm not sure if this is good news or not. Saban states he doesn't wnat a controversy, but if this is the case regarding the two QB's "splitting snaps", there will be one no doubt....

PHINZ RULE!!!

This doesn't bother me as much with Saban as it did with Wannstedt. With Saban, I believe it's truly more a matter of preparedness than competition. When Saban does choose a starting QB, he will be decisive and firm.

BLITZKRIEG said:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2005/04/01/a3c_fins_0401.html

So, considering this is Linehan's system, and Frerotte knows it already, what are the chances of Feeley overtaking him during Training Camp???....

I have a feeling this is going to be a very close race, but if it's Linehan's decision in the end, Frerotte may be our starter on opening day. He did very well in Minnesota when he played in place of DC, and if he shows that same kind of production in camp, he should start....

I'm not sure if this is good news or not. Saban states he doesn't wnat a controversy, but if this is the case regarding the two QB's "splitting snaps", there will be one no doubt....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I think this was discussed a couple of weeks ago. As I recalled N. Saban said that Feely is the starter and will get the neccessary reps to prove such... Basically it is up to him to lose that position.

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
I think this was discussed a couple of weeks ago. As I recalled N. Saban said that Feely is the starter and will get the neccessary reps to prove such... Basically it is up to him to lose that position.

But he never said anything about splitting snaps.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

From what Saban said it would be Frerotte who would have to beat Feeley, not Feeley who would have to beat Frerotte. He said it was Feeley's job to lose.

i don't care who has an advantage over who....

i just want the best guy to start. using the "we spent a 2nd rounder on feeley, so he should start!" argument is wanny-esque. Play the best guy for the position!

I hope that the snap splitting is during QB school...where the object is to learn the offense. Then ASAP, a starter gets the majority of the reps.

texasPHINSfan said:
i don't care who has an advantage over who....

i just want the best guy to start. using the "we spent a 2nd rounder on feeley, so he should start!" argument is wanny-esque. Play the best guy for the position!

hey everybody, this is my first post... i agree that we should play the best guy for the position but i mean we spent a number two pick for this guy, we should give him time to develop and see what hes got. this year is gonna be a building year anyway so why not give him time and be patient.

kizzaboo said:
From what Saban said it would be Frerotte who would have to beat Feeley, not Feeley who would have to beat Frerotte. He said it was Feeley's job to lose.

But G. Frerotte already has a large advantage IMO....

He's groomed in Linehan's system, and has a two year head start over Feeley in terms of getting familiar with it. At the very least, I'd have to say that Feeley will have some serious competition on his hands this off-season....

I'm not sure Saban is sold on Feeley either. He's been very iffy about him from day one. His criticism of spending a 2nd round pick on him has been clear from the start. He's basically saying, in not so many words, if he had the choice to do it his way, he wouldn't have traded for Feeley....

Just my opinion...

PHINZ RULE!!!

rookieholdout said:
hey everybody, this is my first post... i agree that we should play the best guy for the position but i mean we spent a number two pick for this guy, we should give him time to develop and see what hes got. this year is gonna be a building year anyway so why not give him time and be patient.
:shakeno: :roflmao:

didn't you read my post? that is horrible logic... you play the best player... not who you spent the most money/picks on.

If frerotte turns into the next Favre down here, i'd want to start him. screw feeley, trade him away for picks then!

If feeley blows frerotte out of the water, then go feeley! let frerotte stay as the backup.

play the best!

texasPHINSfan said:
:shakeno: :roflmao:

didn't you read my post? that is horrible logic... you play the best player... not who you spent the most money/picks on.

If frerotte turns into the next Favre down here, i'd want to start him. screw feeley, trade him away for picks then!

If feeley blows frerotte out of the water, then go feeley! let frerotte stay as the backup.

play the best!

i see your point but im just saying that frerotte has a slight advantage on feeley for knowing the system already, wouldnt you cut feeley a little slack?

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

The article referenced above also includes the quote:
Saban wants it known that he will select a quarterback, despite a glaring need at running back, if that's the best long-term value.

IMO, Saban, Linehan, and their staff might be having issues with AJ Feeley as the team's QB. He (Saban) is placing the writing on the wall - that the team will likely choose a QB in the 1st round.

rookieholdout said:
i see your point but im just saying that frerotte has a slight advantage on feeley for knowing the system already, wouldnt you cut feeley a little slack?

Nope. No slack. YOu play the best. No excuses.

jaxdolfan said:
I hope that the snap splitting is during QB school...where the object is to learn the offense. Then ASAP, a starter gets the majority of the reps.
:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom