Fellas. We gotta win this game tomorrow | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fellas. We gotta win this game tomorrow

I’m ready to get this damn game started.

To a certain degree, 2019 and 2020 felt a little like smoke and mirrors. The 2019 team was a train wreck, but somehow they ended on a high note. It was the first sign that maybe Flores had the goods. Last season was a strange one…QB benchings, decimated WR corps, etc. Somehow they unexpectedly win 10 games.

This season, it feels right. The roster feels like it has turned into a top-half-of-the-league roster. Flores has earned our confidence. Over the past two seasons, this team has won 15 of 32 games without top-shelf QB play. It’s now set up so that high-level QB play will turn this team into a playoff team this season. I believe they’re going to get that high-level play from Tua.
As my old boss used to always say, “everything’s a process.”

When we first got Flo, I was skeptical, because of the tree he was coming from. But the more I saw him speak, and dug into his experiences, I made the conscious decision to throw my support behind him. I had, after all, been wishing for a defensive minded HC.

Since then, I have some minor peeves, but nothing that takes away from his ability to lead this team to over-achieving for its talent level.

Many of us said, when they broke the team down to parade rest, that we hoped to see promising results by 2020-2021. This is the make-it-happen year. I have every confidence Flo will get us over the hump.

It’s the QB for some, but I personally put more credit and blame for how a team does, on the HC. We have the right one for right now, IMO…and hopefully years to come.

tua looked like a different qb this preseason, i want to see him come out slingin it...get him comfortable early, the kids a competitor and im sure hes put in the work and is ready...im very excited to see him play today
Depends what you mean by "slingin it".

When I hear that expression, I think of a Favre, throw caution to the wind, forget gameplans type scenario.

That is NOT what we need. Just play our game, and don't force the issue. If its there, awesome. If it isn't, don't make mistakes.

I'll take a solid win over stats and excitement every time.

Pretty sure I alluded to this, but it’s not about how this game relates to the rest of the season.

This is about perception and setting the tone. This board always moans about not being high enough in power rankings, espn disrespect, etc…

If we want that to change, this is a must-win.
Sure, it can effect the way some people perceive Miami, but in reality, win or lose, it doesn't make much difference in how the entire season will go.

Pretty sure I alluded to this, but it’s not about how this game relates to the rest of the season.

This is about perception and setting the tone. This board always moans about not being high enough in power rankings, espn disrespect, etc…

If we want that to change, this is a must-win.

A Miami win would be phenomenal.

I don't expect the media to kowtow to Miami like they have w/ the Niners (80's/90's) or cheatriots recently.

Getting objective analysis IMO will be a major accomplishment.

As my old boss used to always say, “everything’s a process.”

When we first got Flo, I was skeptical, because of the tree he was coming from. But the more I saw him speak, and dug into his experiences, I made the conscious decision to throw my support behind him. I had, after all, been wishing for a defensive minded HC.

Since then, I have some minor peeves, but nothing that takes away from his ability to lead this team to over-achieving for its talent level.

Many of us said, when they broke the team down to parade rest, that we hoped to see promising results by 2020-2021. This is the make-it-happen year. I have every confidence Flo will get us over the hump.

It’s the QB for some, but I personally put more credit and blame for how a team does, on the HC. We have the right one for right now, IMO…and hopefully years to come.
One does no good without the other in almost all circumstances, unless it's a Gruden in Tampa situation, where the team was already built. All he had to do was figure out a way to score a few points.

Depends what you mean by "slingin it".

When I hear that expression, I think of a Favre, throw caution to the wind, forget gameplans type scenario.

That is NOT what we need. Just play our game, and don't force the issue. If its there, awesome. If it isn't, don't make mistakes.

I'll take a solid win over stats and excitement every time.
when i say sling it i mean just throw it alot not careless jump balls or bombs or anything like that...i just want tua to build some comfort and confidence early with alot of quick strikes to waddle grant and gesicki

Jacksonville beat Indianapolis in week one last year and then went on to lose fifteen straight. A lot of weird things can happen in week one. It is not a clear indicator of anything really.
You are correct. While I hope the Dolphins can go into New England and beat the Patriots, it’s not a must win game at this point in the season. Historically it has always been a difficult game for the Dolphins when they go up to play the Patriots at their home.

Jones will only be a threat to the Dolphins defense if the Patriots are able to run the ball effectively against the Dolphins defense. If the Patriots are able to run the ball consistently against the Dolphins defense and take a lot of time off the clock, the Dolphins are going to have a tough time winning this game.

They need to stop the run and force Jones to beat them by passing the ball. The Patriots are going to have a much better defense this year than they had last year. So the Dolphins OL needs to block better in the running and passing game than they did last year if they expect to beat the Patriots today.

Back
Top Bottom