Fellas. We gotta win this game tomorrow | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fellas. We gotta win this game tomorrow

completely agree, everyone is making mac jones out to be the next brady already, tua needs to shut them up tomorrow
Interesting Avatar.

Reminds me of "the emperor has no cloths" - LOL

At least your little ukulele covers a critical area effectively - LOL

If the NE roster was on another team, coached by anyone else, who do you think would be the favorite in this game? A rookie QB, the 4th taken overall starting vs. this defense that got alot of sacks and turnovers last year. Their top CB out, Gilmore.

I guess you could say we gotta win every week.
Sounds good to me, just what we need; a perfect season.

Why not, we've done it before; a 17-0 season sounds good to me! - LOL

This thought doesn't even factor in the effect this would have on the "talking heads" in the media. I like it better every time I consider it - LOL

In all seriousness, I anticipate the Dolphins will win between 12 and 16 games this season.

I see our team being competitive in every game. Many of our opponents are getting better also, but we are getting better at a faster rate, due in part to the size of our last three drafts and the % of successful draftees we have had over the last 5 or 6 years. A lot of credit goes to the FO for making those large drafts possible and managing the cap so we are not "tripping over out ***ks" in cap space hell.

I see this season as the "pivot point" for the Dolphins in performance ( becoming a consistent playoff contender) and following that, getting the respect we want to see from the rest of the league. For that reason alone, there is no need to be "wringing our hands" in fear of any particular loss, but "smiling", looking forward to each game being a great game with our team usually winning, as opposed to usually losing, which was more typical of our past.

Of course beating the Patriots in New England for our season opener would be particularly satisfying for me for some reason I can't quite place (sometimes a poor memory has it's advantages) - LOL

Game day!
Agree that you have to set the tone today and let Pats fan know its not that easy replacing a Brady so get after Jones early & often. Its a must win just to keep NE fan in check.

Worst case scenario is we lose the game and Mac Jones completely outplays Tua.

****, that's really a nightmare scenario.

I expect a convincing win. If we lose, I’ll need to seriously re-evaluate my perception and doubt my vision. I’m over 50 now so that last part should be expected anyway.

Tua will have some hiccups…it’s BB after all, but he’ll adjust and bring it home for the good guys!

If the loss is 39-10, I'll be quite concerned. If it's 21-18, I won't go into panic mode. To me, it's HOW Miami wins or loses.

Nonsense. A win would be great, but the season isn't written in week one.
Pretty sure I alluded to this, but it’s not about how this game relates to the rest of the season.

This is about perception and setting the tone. This board always moans about not being high enough in power rankings, espn disrespect, etc…

If we want that to change, this is a must-win.

If the team loses today it’s not going to be mostly on Tua— unless he’s an interception machine or particularly inept. It will be because the defense, and Flo, let a NE offense led by a QB playing in his first game, and without any legitimate superstars, beat them. The season won’t be over, but it sure doesn’t bode well for week 2 (or the rest of the season).

I’m ready to get this damn game started.

To a certain degree, 2019 and 2020 felt a little like smoke and mirrors. The 2019 team was a train wreck, but somehow they ended on a high note. It was the first sign that maybe Flores had the goods. Last season was a strange one…QB benchings, decimated WR corps, etc. Somehow they unexpectedly win 10 games.

This season, it feels right. The roster feels like it has turned into a top-half-of-the-league roster. Flores has earned our confidence. Over the past two seasons, this team has won 15 of 32 games without top-shelf QB play. It’s now set up so that high-level QB play will turn this team into a playoff team this season. I believe they’re going to get that high-level play from Tua.

I think the Phins win. I don't expect a blowout at all......great if it happens, but I think it will be close. 7 points or less. At the end of the day, a Miami win, no injuries, O line playing well, D not giving up yards for the running game, then I am a happy fan.

tua looked like a different qb this preseason, i want to see him come out slingin it...get him comfortable early, the kids a competitor and im sure hes put in the work and is ready...im very excited to see him play today

I think the Phins win. I don't expect a blowout at all......great if it happens, but I think it will be close. 7 points or less. At the end of the day, a Miami win, no injuries, O line playing well, D not giving up yards for the running game, then I am a happy fan.
I like it, but if all those things go our way, no way its a one score game.

Back
Top Bottom