Fello Dolphin Fans - Just Fustrated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fello Dolphin Fans - Just Fustrated

BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI
Reaction score
I usually come to the board and watch from the sidelines, or post information that I come across and try to share it with you guys, BUT I couldn’t help myself and had to post. I think a lot of us Dolphin fans are upset on a lot of levels and for many different reasons.

1. The obvious - we are sick and tired of being sick and tired of the losing. It is killing us “loyal” fans and the casual fan. We are if not becoming the doormat of the AFC East. This makes us critical of everything Dolphin related. So on a day like today following a loss to the Pats (who by the way I will state it again – they are not as good a team as people are making them out to be…. That’s for another thread) the loss stings that much more. At some point in time, we are going to have to get things turned around. However, you cant expect Philbin to do it in 1 year. So you have to lay off of him a little. Yet there is the flip side of that argument too. The Colts, 49ers, Falcons, these teams all had rookie coaches and rookie and or a rookie QB, had poor years the year before and in 1 year turned things around, and I think some of us is looking for that type of feeling from the Dolphins. That’s not happening so we feel cheated.

2. The Offense – I feel like we got sold a bad bill of sales. What happened to this fast pace offense that was being talked about all pre-season? What happened to this down the field explosive offense that I thought we would see? What happened to all these formations that was being talked about? Where is the vertical passing game? Where is the no huddle? Not sure what the explanation is here? Is it we do not have the players to do it? Probably not. So why waste all preseason working on it? To me you go out there and be who you plan to be. The plan at least I was lead to believe was to get T-Hill playing experience. If that is the plan then why are we lining up running something completely different? Run what you plan to run and then when you get the “players” needed things would already be clicking for the kid. I just feel like this year was a waste of time. Which leads me to my biggest issue with this team. You trade away B Marsh a prowbowl WR and didn’t replace him. If you was going to flunk this season at least keep the guy to let T-Hill see how the offense can be successful. This is just dumb founding to me. I wont go into it but like I told you guys from the beginning (at the time nobody believed me) this was ALL Philbins decision. I’m holding this one in my pocket on him because Marsh is only killing in Chi town and his assault case was dismissed. To me Philbin missed an opportunity there by getting rid of a player that he did not give a chance too. Had he backed B Marsh and showed his support, I think he would have gained a TON of respect from his players and given himself a little cushion when it came to trust and losing football games. Just my 2 cents. Anyway back to the offense. It is painful watching this offense. We just don’t have an identity and I think that further hurts this team. We need to figure out who we are and go from there. It just baffles me that we have so much that we could do and we don’t do it. Did anyone forget that T-Hill can run the zone read? It was nice to see us pull that out yesterday. Why are we not using T-Hill outside the pocket? Yesterday we lined R Bush up at WR a few times, and that was good to see. Why do we not run quick screens with R Bush. Why is R Bush and Thomas not in the backfield together? Why is R Bush not motioned out of the backfield trying to get a match up with him on a LB? Just a lot of questions here that needs answers for me. I am completely disappointed with the Offense. Please can sit and make the excuses that we are lacking talent. That is true but you still have players. IDK I was completely backing Philbin and his decisions until yesterday. You get a weak Pat’s defense. And you do not take advantage of anything. Hightowers is the worse at pass defense and you don’t try to get that matchup? I went to the Bills / pats game (I see more of the Pats then I do the Fins this year) and Chandler (sp?) killed the Pats. Spiller destroyed the Pats. IDK as an old coach you just look at how someone else had success against a team and you try to place your players in the same position. Just seems like we didn’t even attempt to exploit that defense yesterday and it was disappointing. I can go on and on but I think you guys get the point. If Philbin has something up his sleeves he’s best to get it done in 2013 or the natives will be calling for his head once again. I say we hire Andy Ried as the OC for 2013. Let Sherman go on to coaches heaven.

Sorry for the long post and rant but I just wanted to let go of some pinned up frustration. I will now go back to supporting this team and wishing for the best. The chips will fall in our favor sooner or later. It has to. I didn’t think this was a playoff bound team from the beginning but we clearly had a shot and we let it just slip from our grasp. We have a tuff game this week and again we will find out a little more about ourselves. The thing I am interested in seeing is how can Martin hold up against Aldon Smith? Can he hold his own or will he just get killed. I expect him to give up a sack. That’s a given but how well can he hold his own. If he does well – you can kiss Big Jake good bye. Funny thing is I get the feeling he will do well. He is back to his natural position and I think that will help him out tremendously. Lets see, on to the 49ers

Fins Up

The ONLY hope I see with the team is the fact that Bill Walsh went something like 3-13 or maybe it was 2-14.. I cant remember exactly.. but the point is this.. Walsh and the 49ers had a crappy first year and then went on to a create a dynasty... Can that happen in Miami??

I am actually far more optimistic about the team's prospects than Big Fish in RI. While disappointed that we have lost many games that we could have won, the reality is that it looks like we finally have a decent QB prospect who will only get better. Hartline and Bess are keepers but we need more talent at WR and TE and we have the money and draft picks to get them next season. Philbin, Sherman and Coyle deserve more time to show what they can do but this is not the wreck job we had when Wannstedt and when Cam Cameron respectively left the joint.
Although the Patriots were the better team yesterday, after the shocking start I thought that we looked competitive against a very good team that is used to dominating. Coyle has improved all of the DBs, with Reshad Jones, at the top of the class. Koa Misi looks like he has improved.
My criticism of Sherman is that he seems a bit too conservative with the playcalling at times. Because he developed Tannehill at Texas A & M, he seems a little protective by giving so many run plays to Bush. Also, Tannehill needs to be a bit more accurate to give the receivers a better chance of completing the catch.

I say we hire Andy Ried as the OC for 2013. Let Sherman go on to coaches heaven.

I agree that we should get Andy Reid. He's done in Philly, and although he has had issues this year, he is a good coach and would be a good addition to our group.

Would be very happy if we got Andy Reid as our OC, however he will get a HCing gig somewhere else... TN, Arizona, Carolina... Somewhere

Reid would be a Gr8 Off Co., but as someone else pointed out he will be a HEAD coach for someone. We played good for the most part. Don't mind the roughing the kicker call as we had everybody coming and we were trying to make a difference in Momentum. What I don't like is the fact, We are playing the patriots, we all know what Brady can do and first play what do we do?
We PASS!!! If you are playing the patriots U have to RUN the ball. Steady diet of Bush & Thomas and keep Brady off the field. Now some of you will say we tried that. Yeah we tried it after we totally screwed up the first 2 times we had the ball. By then it was 10-0 and we were already playing catch-up. Philbin is not afraid to take chances. On a side note I always play the Dolphins in the pools, regardless of the line and It was refreshing to go into work today and have everybody give me some S__t about kicking that field goal to make it a 1 score game and covering the spread

Back
Top Bottom