Ferotte the starter now? Come on | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ferotte the starter now? Come on

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Hey guys. Im usually not one to post rumors, but I just heard John Clayton on espn radio talking about the dolphins options.

He said ricky cant come out and say hes back with the fins until late july. or else he'd suffer a one year suspension. but he'll probably announce it after that. And that he'll be a backup running back to Ronnie Brown, who the dolphins will acquire in the draft.

Also he said that as it stands right now, Ferrotte is the starter because of his knowledge of linehans system.

That kinda chaps my @$$. Its the same thing that happened last year. A backup quarterback is made the starter and now feely has to prove himself AGAIN in a system that he does not know AGAIN. He needs the experience of taking every snap to get better. Why do i have the feeling that feely will never be good because no one will let him?

testtubetimmy said:
Hey guys. Im usually not one to post rumors, but I just heard John Clayton on espn radio talking about the dolphins options.

He said ricky cant come out and say hes back with the fins until late july. or else he'd suffer a one year suspension. but he'll probably announce it after that. And that he'll be a backup running back to Ronnie Brown, who the dolphins will acquire in the draft.

Also he said that as it stands right now, Ferrotte is the starter because of his knowledge of linehans system.

That kinda chaps my @$$. Its the same thing that happened last year. A backup quarterback is made the starter and now feely has to prove himself AGAIN in a system that he does not know AGAIN. He needs the experience of taking every snap to get better. Why do i have the feeling that feely will never be good because no one will let him?

That's absolutely stupid. The chance we get Ricky back and spend a #2 overall pick on a RB is very low. We'll draft a RB, but it won't be with our first.

hopefully. Speculation seems to be all there is now that Saban is all lips sealed about info. God i hate waiting for the draft.

testtubetimmy said:

AJ has to prove himself for the first time. He proved nothing last year. He may not get a shot b/c he throws too many INTs and is reportedly a poor practice player.

What does J. Clayton know about our starting QB situation that the majority of fans here don't????...NOTHING.

He's just assuming that Frerotte will beat out Feeley based on his experience under Linehan. It's going to be Feeley's job to lose, and Saban has already stated that....

Frerotte will go a long way in helping Feeley adjust, and he may even look better than Feeley in TC, but on opening day, Feeley will be starting IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
What does J. Clayton know about our starting QB situation that the majority of fans here don't????...NOTHING.

He's just assuming that Frerotte will beat out Feeley based on his experience under Linehan. It's going to be Feeley's job to lose, and Saban has already stated that....

Frerotte will go a long way in helping Feeley adjust, and he may even look better than Feeley in TC, but on opening day, Feeley will be starting IMO....

PHINZ RULE!!!

This sums it up nicely.

As of right now it's all speculation. Who knows? Maybe Saban already knows there is a high chance of Ricky making a return to play for us. If that happens, we could go QB in the draft, or trade down and stock pile picks to get O linemen, Receivers, and or Defensive players. There are so many scenarios that could happen this year, its awesome.

BLITZKRIEG said:

PHINZ RULE!!!

Saban also said Gus has the edge because of Experince in Linehan's offense. Saban says a ton of things but leaves an out in ever sentence. I do believe he called out AJ last week with hi quote about AJ.

It's all up to AJ, that's what scares me!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Saban also said Gus has the edge because of Experince in Linehan's offense. Saban says a ton of things but leaves an out in ever sentence. I do believe he called out AJ last week with hi quote about AJ.

It's all up to AJ, that's what scares me!

I'm not scared. I am alittle concerned that our OL is still under a powerful microscope, but Saban couldn't have done any better hiring Houck to resolve this issue. If Feeley gets better protection in 2005, coupled with a legit running attack, and we could see big dividends as the end results....

Feeley has been set up to fail from day one of his arrival. It's a whole new ballgame now, and this offense under Linehan has the makings of something impressive IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I'm not scared. I am alittle concerned that our OL is still under a powerful microscope, but Saban couldn't have done any better hiring Houck to resolve this issue. If Feeley gets better protection in 2005, coupled with a legit running attack, and we could see big dividends as the end results....

Feeley has been set up to fail from day one of his arrival. It's a whole new ballgame now, and this offense under Linehan has the makings of something impressive IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!

I (and it's just my thoughts) think Feeley has to start following Linehan around like a little lost puppy and soak up everything and anything about the offense. Saban will not put up with the I'm having a hard time with the new offense crap.

Feeley has been everywhere, TV golf outings, Zero Gravity tests with Heather, Magazines. Rumors are he decided not to workout with the fins this off season.

If this not working out this off season stuff with the new staff is true, he will not get off the bench, he has not proved a thing. And maybe it's just me, but I would have moved and lived at Davie working out all the time if I want to be a #1 QB for a football team after the year he just had!

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I don't see that killers eye in him! He scares me!

Whats all this talk about Gus being the starter? Ive got faith in Feeley some people dont realize feeley does have a little potential (keyword Little) I think if we are going to make it to the playsoffs this year it will be feeley throwin the ball not gus or a rookie draft pick. As for a running back take ronnie brown or trade down.. **** Ricky if he comes back we need to trade him even if it is for a 3rd round draft pick. personally i would be satisfied if he stayed retired and never came back...

Feeley did something to get in Saban's doghouse. I don't think he has the skills to get out of it.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Feeley has been everywhere, TV golf outings, Zero Gravity tests with Heather, Magazines. Rumors are he decided not to workout with the fins this off season.

Where have you heard those rumors???...I hope that's not true because that's certainly no way to start a new direction under Saban. I think everyone would agree with that....

If it's true, and Feeley decides not to workout with the Phinz this off-season, he might as well forget about starting in 2005. I'd rather start Frerotte if that's the way Feeley plans on preparing for this upcoming season, a huge season, that will decide Feeley's ultimate fate....

PHINZ RULE!!!

You refer to Frerotte as a backup, Feeley was a third stringer in Philly, so keep that in mind. And as much as Wanny would have done anything to keep Jay Fiedler as the starter, Feeley didn't exactly do anything to make a case for him starting last training camp. He looked awful in practices and his decision making in games leaves a lot to be desired. He deserves another shot, but he should in no way be made the unquestioned starter. That would be insane. Saban has said this would be a fair quarterback competition. So if Feeley wins the job, that means Feeley has come along and grown and we'll have a good backup in Frerotte. If Frerotte wins the job, that means we have a QB that's experienced in Scott Linehan's offensive system and then we can start looking for a QB to groom for the future.

Back
Top Bottom