Few thoughts on Cameron..and how to address this team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Few thoughts on Cameron..and how to address this team

I agree particularly with your statement about rebuilding the OL. It all starts up front and games are won or lost in the trenches there's just no denying it. I think Cam knows this, and he's worked with Houck before, so I expect to see some upgrades in the OL. Speed is nice, fancy QB is nice, power RB is nice, but if the OL doesn't pass or run block well enough, none of that speed, intelligence, talent, or power will do anyone any good.

First priority MUST be the OL, I realize its not sexy, and most guys on here are in love with the "skill" positions such as WR, QB, TE, RB and those get all the press, but the OL must be top priority. If Cam doesn't know that, we're sunk. Houck sure does, and hopefully Cam and Mueller know it too.

Cameron uses what he has. He had a great running back and TE in San Diego so he built that offense around them. Saying he wont draft a WR because of that doesn't make alot of sense. He will draft BPA and build an offense around our strengths.

He will not draft players to fit his schemes. He will design schemes to fit the players he drafts.

Very well said. I also realized that for once, our offense doesn't have 2 adjust to a nerw cordinator bc our cordinator is our coach now for offense and that means continuinity. And on defense we can be used to it now for 2 yrs with the same scheme some what n 3 more hopeful due to capers contract meaning more continuinity on our team. Its great! But the offrnsive side and defensive side of continuinity excites me a lot.

When considering FA's and the draft we need to keep in mind the people we have in our organization. Some are developing players and some were injured. And then there is Manny Wright and his unique situation. We have a ton of talent returning healthy. We also have some great young guys who are now a little older, a little smarter, a little more mature. Depth at a lot of positions next year should not be a problem. A lot of the draft speculation and some of the FA speculation I hear is about picking players who won't even make our team, let alone impact our season in a significant way. If we found 4 guys in the off season to improve our team, we'd be doing good. Anymore and we 'd be doing great. We have 3 OL returning healthy from injured reserve. We have 2 more on the practice squad. That's 5. We have Rod and Manny Wright returning along with Vickerson and Evans on the DL. Ricky Williams, a former rushing title winner, also returning. A 100% Shirdonya Mitchell on the practice squad. He'll make next years team at corner and KR and is a better prospect than any second day secondary pick we would make. He's not had his shot yet. Not healthy. He might be another Yeremiah Bell for us.

When considering FA's and the draft we need to keep in mind the people we have in our organization. Some are developing players and some were injured. And then there is Manny Wright and his unique situation. We have a ton of talent returning healthy. We also have some great young guys who are now a little older, a little smarter, a little more mature. Depth at a lot of positions next year should not be a problem. A lot of the draft speculation and some of the FA speculation I hear is about picking players who won't even make our team, let alone impact our season in a significant way. If we found 4 guys in the off season to improve our team, we'd be doing good. Anymore and we 'd be doing great. We have 3 OL returning healthy from injured reserve. We have 2 more on the practice squad. That's 5. We have Rod and Manny Wright returning along with Vickerson and Evans on the DL. Ricky Williams, a former rushing title winner, also returning. A 100% Shirdonya Mitchell on the practice squad. He'll make next years team at corner and KR and is a better prospect than any second day secondary pick we would make. He's not had his shot yet. Not healthy. He might be another Yeremiah Bell for us.

i hate how people love bell. YES, he created turnovers. NO, HE GOT BEAT ON THE LONG BALL TOO MANY TIMES NEAR THE END OF THE YEAR! i like how he is a playmaker, but he is not a longterm starter b/c he just couldnt stop or put himself in position to stop the long posts corners, and flys. thats why we draft REGGIE NELSON!- a playmaker and covers the field like a cornerback.

Back
Top Bottom