Few thoughts on Cameron..and how to address this team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Few thoughts on Cameron..and how to address this team

DeFINSeWins

Saban=GATOR BAIT
Reaction score
Mueller and Cameron will work together to pick players they think this team needs. Based on Camerons offense in san diego, i DO NOT EXPECT cameron to draft a first round wr. Clearly, his offense was based around a strong, diversified running back (ronnie brown) and an amazing te(_____ jury is out on mcmichael). He uses his rb and te mostly. He obviously will fix up this oline but we cant do that with our first round pick. Through free agency and our 2nd-4th round picks, we can grab 2 new starting offensive lineman to work alongside carey to form a strong line. I think booker will be gone b/c he doesnt need someone like that. Wes welker will be re-signed b/c he is the type of wr hardnosed overproducing wideout that matches the style used in san diego. He'll start from the center out like he said. In the next few years i expect to have a new starting center, fullback, quarterback, and tightend.

On defense, its all capers. Mueller will start getting capers young skill players. It doesn't matter where we go with our first round pick, de,dt, olb, cb, s we can use young players anywhere just like the pats do. You just keep influxing young talented players and if they sit on the bench like jason allen did well they do that until its time for them to come in and contribute.

The big questions for me are our quarterback situation obviously because that is essential to our offense working, grabbing 2 stud olineman, and get a lot younger on defense- meaning hopefully we can get 2 probowl leaders in our front 7 so we aren't that screwed when jason taylor and zach thomas retire. They have a couple years left and them couple with matt roth, channing crowder, and a couple decent defensive backs we have a strong future if we keep the continuity going. Under an offensive head coach we need to keep our DC from in our system. So when capers retires we promote our linebackers or db coach to be DC. Thats how continuity works and the reason why our offense has been so screwed lately- we have a defensive head coach and every year we bring in a different offensive coordinator.

Continuity, Leadership, Young Talent, Good Coaching- Our Keys to Winning

Cameron uses what he has. He had a great running back and TE in San Diego so he built that offense around them. Saying he wont draft a WR because of that doesn't make alot of sense. He will draft BPA and build an offense around our strengths.

He will not draft players to fit his schemes. He will design schemes to fit the players he drafts.

Cameron's philosophy is to put the playmakers in position to make plays and outside of Keenan McCardell, he had nothing to really speak of at WR. So of course he would use the running backs and tight ends more.

Keep in mind he had D-Mac and Fonati starting on the same line in SD at one time. IMO LJ and Carey and pretty tough on the right side. I wouldn't change that - LJ should only get better at RG. We NEED a CENTER period. IF we are to dominate up front WE NEED an all pro capable center - Hadnot doesn not look like he can get to that level or anywhere close. he could be a swing guy but IMO center is the biggest need on the OL.

At #9 in the draft how can we project who will be there - what if Quinn falls - do we go QB? What is a top WR falls - do we go there? The safe bet is the best DB,DE, or OLB available. That should be the fall back but you have to hope a QB or WR falls to us.

Mueller and Cameron will work together to pick players they think this team needs. Based on Camerons offense in san diego, i DO NOT EXPECT cameron to draft a first round wr. Clearly, his offense was based around a strong, diversified running back (ronnie brown) and an amazing te(_____ jury is out on mcmichael). He uses his rb and te mostly. He obviously will fix up this oline but we cant do that with our first round pick. Through free agency and our 2nd-4th round picks, we can grab 2 new starting offensive lineman to work alongside carey to form a strong line. I think booker will be gone b/c he doesnt need someone like that. Wes welker will be re-signed b/c he is the type of wr hardnosed overproducing wideout that matches the style used in san diego. He'll start from the center out like he said. In the next few years i expect to have a new starting center, fullback, quarterback, and tightend.

On defense, its all capers. Mueller will start getting capers young skill players. It doesn't matter where we go with our first round pick, de,dt, olb, cb, s we can use young players anywhere just like the pats do. You just keep influxing young talented players and if they sit on the bench like jason allen did well they do that until its time for them to come in and contribute.

The big questions for me are our quarterback situation obviously because that is essential to our offense working, grabbing 2 stud olineman, and get a lot younger on defense- meaning hopefully we can get 2 probowl leaders in our front 7 so we aren't that screwed when jason taylor and zach thomas retire. They have a couple years left and them couple with matt roth, channing crowder, and a couple decent defensive backs we have a strong future if we keep the continuity going. Under an offensive head coach we need to keep our DC from in our system. So when capers retires we promote our linebackers or db coach to be DC. Thats how continuity works and the reason why our offense has been so screwed lately- we have a defensive head coach and every year we bring in a different offensive coordinator.

You couldnt be any further away from the truth. Mueller already stated that he was going to add "speed" to WR. So, no...Welker will not be re-signed. Look for a Kevin Curtis to replace Welker, or Tedd Ginn Jr

Keep in mind he had D-Mac and Fonati starting on the same line in SD at one time. IMO LJ and Carey and pretty tough on the right side. I wouldn't change that - LJ should only get better at RG. We NEED a CENTER period. IF we are to dominate up front WE NEED an all pro capable center - Hadnot doesn not look like he can get to that level or anywhere close. he could be a swing guy but IMO center is the biggest need on the OL.

At #9 in the draft how can we project who will be there - what if Quinn falls - do we go QB? What is a top WR falls - do we go there? The safe bet is the best DB,DE, or OLB available. That should be the fall back but you have to hope a QB or WR falls to us.

I agree with you. And I be laughing when certain columnists state that Hadnot is our 2nd best OLineman...:confused:

LJ Shelton is our 2nd best OLineman, by far!

You couldnt be any further away from the truth. Mueller already stated that he was going to add "speed" to WR. So, no...Welker will not be re-signed. Look for a Kevin Curtis to replace Welker, or Tedd Ginn Jr

LOL, You dont need speed from your slot reciever, you need speed from your wideout which means Chambers gets demoted or traded if we draft Ginn.

LOL, You dont need speed from your slot reciever, you need speed from your wideout which means Chambers gets demoted or traded if we draft Ginn.

I would be surprised if they get rid of CChambers. I agree that Mueller was speaking of outside speed. Ted ginn would be impact at kick returns and WW could still be used as a slot posetion reciever.

The jury isn't out on McMichael. Its in. On the one count of being Overrated, hes guilty as charged.

I think Dwayne Jarrett and Teddy Ginn may both be available when we pick. Don't pick Quinn anywhere near the first round. If hes available when we pick in the second round, trade down. Whoever picks Quinn is going to regret it.

or maybe

I would be surprised if they get rid of CChambers. I agree that Mueller was speaking of outside speed. Ted ginn would be impact at kick returns and WW could still be used as a slot posetion reciever.

Or maybe they trade Booker, (I like him), but I think they will stay with Chambers, Hagan, Welker, and speed WR (from draft or FA)

Yea, Booker's contract is up so most likely Chambers would move to #2 and Ginn would be the #1. Although with Chambers making 7mill next year he is drastically overpaid so I wouldn't be shocked to see him get traded.

Or maybe they trade Booker, (I like him), but I think they will stay with Chambers, Hagan, Welker, and speed WR (from draft or FA)

I really don't think you can judge Chambers by this season. I agree with your line up. Hagan will only get better and welker is such a possesion reciever that he would have to have a poor training camp and get released due to the numbers crunch.

You may be correct in the moves he makes to improve the O, but the statement highlighted is an incorrect assumption. He used his RB and TE in SD mostly because they were his best-skilled personnel, not because he uses the RB and TE mostly in his scheme. Remember, Cam said he'd build the team around his personnels' strengths....

I mostly agree with this....Capers will continue to run the D, however, we might miss Saban's influence there particularly in the secondary. It appeared to me that from about mid-season last year thru all of this year, the secondary outperformed it's talent level...

There is only going to be so much that we can do in the draft, given our position and number of picks, and that assumes that the picks we get contribute, which as you said has not been the case in the Saban era. Continuity in the coaching ranks is over-rated and nearly impossible. As we experience any success, our assistants will be pulled by other teams looking to upgrade. I wouldn't expect a position coach to hang around the Fins if he gets an offer for promotion somewhere else this year versus waiting for another coach to retire...that day and age in the NFL is over....Teams are all in the 'win now' mode....

Back
Top Bottom