2.NY Jets
3.New England
4.Miami

It should read:

Buffalo
Miami
NY
NE

but hey, our OL don't suck so bad after-all huh?!

If they ranked OL's for depth as well, 23rd may be appropriate. At this point, Miami doesn't have a solid #6. McKinney could be that guy but that remains to be seen after only a few games in the trenches.

Bills offensive line results for last year:

Rushing

24th in total rushing yards, 19th in yards per carry.

Pass Protection

31st with 54 sacks

Dude, get a frickin clue..........I've got stats for ya........

Leading rusher
Leading sacker
AFC #1 D

That got ya NADA!!!!!!!

Stats do NOT tell the whole story :rolleyes:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Dude, get a frickin clue..........I've got stats for ya........

Leading rusher
Leading sacker
AFC #1 D

That got ya NADA!!!!!!!

Stats do NOT tell the whole story :rolleyes:

Try to stay on topic Clumpy.

What do any of the stats have to do with the Bills offensive line?

You had no reply to my post so you figured a mindless attack of the Dolphins was as good as a defense of the Bills?

What should I reply to that? 0-4 SB?, 37-20 overall?

Your arguments are pathetic.

I have posted the statistics that should be used in evaluating an offensive line. Can you use more than merely statistics in evaluating an offensive line? Certainly.

However, Buffalo's offensive line statistics were very poor. That would lead a reasonable person to conclude that their line was not good

My point is that you can post stats and it doesn't tell the whole story. Why? Case in point, Miami Dolphins in 2002 as stated above.

However on topic, in 2002, LT Jennings, C Teague, RG Sullivan, and even RT Mike Williams were ALL playing new positions. In 2001, Jennings was our RT, Teague was a LT in Denver, Sullivan was a reserve OT for us and Mike Williams was playing LT at Univ. of Texas. By the end of the season, our OL began gellin' like a felon and Henry ran up and down the field against your D. This is now 2003 and it wasn't a Bills fan who ranked the OL's, but the ranking as it stands, for starters, isn't totally inaccurate, yes, the Fins starting OL should be higher but how much.....no higher than 15,..........but I have no doubt that if the same people ranked the Fins at #7 and the Bills at #23, y'all would be calling them the best thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
My point is that you can post stats and it doesn't tell the whole story. Why? Case in point, Miami Dolphins in 2002 as stated above.

However on topic, in 2002, LT Jennings, C Teague, RG Sullivan, and even RT Mike Williams were ALL playing new positions. In 2001, Jennings was our RT, Teague was a LT in Denver, Sullivan was a reserve OT for us and Mike Williams was playing LT at Univ. of Texas. By the end of the season, our OL began gellin' like a felon and Henry ran up and down the field against your D. This is now 2003 and it wasn't a Bills fan who ranked the OL's, but the ranking as it stands, for starters, isn't totally inaccurate, yes, the Fins starting OL should be higher but how much.....no higher than 15,..........but I have no doubt that if the same people ranked the Fins at #7 and the Bills at #23, y'all would be calling them the best thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

Uhh...highly doubtful, because I usually do not care what a fantasy football publication says.

Notice that I did not comment on the dolphins rankings.

I don't care.

I know of their successes in rushing and in pass protection and I know their limitations, primarily depth.

Whether, this publication ranked them 1st or 32nd would not concern me at all.

However, it is laughable that Bills fans completely discard their line's horrendous performance of last year and blindly place their trust in the "FF Index"

Good luck to you

Drew Bledsoe dropped back to pass over 600 times.

We rarely ran the ball.
When we did it was the 1st QTR or 4th WTR usually b/c Gilbride was in love with the deep ball and big play (hence the sacks and attempts)., and defenses could easily key in on our attack.

This year we have no Price (this is a GOOD thing for our offense, I repeat this is a GOOD thing), the line is much more cohesive, we will be grinding it out more and wearing out the D, we won't be going deep every play, Drew has promised to be mroe efficient in using the TE's and FB's like he did in NE, Mike Williams is a beast, Ruben is a 7-time Pro-Bowler, Jennings is unbelievably aggressive and athletic, Teague is solid and a year more experienced at playing Center and being able to make the right line calls, and Sullivan is a mauler, and all these guys have played LT at some point in their careers which means they are very athletic and know a thing or two about pass-protection as well.

Be afraid.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Drew Bledsoe dropped back to pass over 600 times.

We rarely ran the ball.
When we did it was the 1st QTR or 4th WTR usually b/c Gilbride was in love with the deep ball and big play (hence the sacks and attempts)., and defenses could easily key in on our attack.

This year we have no Price (this is a GOOD thing for our offense, I repeat this is a GOOD thing),

Be afraid.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You never let the facts get in your way do you?
Good for you!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Want stats that tell more of the story about the Bills OL

1st 8 games: 30 sacks(3.75 sacks/game) given up and running game averaged 88.1 ypg

2nd 8 games: 21 sacks(2.63 sacks/game) given up and running game averaged 102.8 ypg.

1 full sack per game less per game and 14 yds on average difference between 1st and 2nd halves.

Back
Top Bottom