FF Index ranks the NFL's offensive lines: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FF Index ranks the NFL's offensive lines:

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Want stats that tell more of the story about the Bills OL

1st 8 games: 30 sacks(3.75 sacks/game) given up and running game averaged 88.1 ypg

2nd 8 games: 21 sacks(2.63 sacks/game) given up and running game averaged 102.8 ypg.

1 full sack per game less per game and 14 yds on average difference between 1st and 2nd halves.

1st of all your numbers are wrong!

2nd 8 games you allowed 24 sacks, not 21.

You also had fewer passing attempts. A more accurate statistic would be sacks per attempt which went from 9.43% (30/318) in the first 8 games to 8.22% (24/292) in the 2nd 8 games.

A small improvement.

Still a pathetic performance.

Miami allowed 25 sacks, for the entire year (1.56 per game), on 455 attempts for a ratio of 5.5%.

Well, as much as I hate to defend the Bills, I have to admit that they had an awsome O-Line last year, lets not forget that this team was pretty one-dimensional on Offense, opposing D's were able to pin their ears back and rush the QB without much fear of the running game.

Of course this will lead to an inflated sack total. (It makes the numbers put up by miami's O-Line in the 80's and early 90's all that much more impressive as they faced similar problems)

I will say this much though, I do honestly believe that Miami had a slightly better run blocking unit last year than Buffalo, but Buffalos O-Line did an incredable job against the relentless pass rushes they faced last year. (Buffalo opponents blitzed more often than any other team in the NFL last season except for Pittsburgh)

Rushing = Slight Miami Edge
Passing = Solid Buffalo edge
Overall = very slight edge to the bills (thank god our RB is so much better than theirs. ;) )

but one advantage you guys had, was experience to make good line calls (sometimes if we faced "weird" looking blitzes we got real confused like vs NE) and excellent blocking schemes. I think Norv Turners run-blocking schemes were far superior to ours (hopefully we are working on that, our new OL coach, Pat Ruel, should def help there). We relied too much on athleticism rather than technique or schemes. (btw they are still good even if they're stolen... ;) )

(you use schemes VERY similar to what Dickenson ran behind....)

Originally posted by zachseau13

1st of all your numbers are wrong!

2nd 8 games you allowed 24 sacks, not 21.

You also had fewer passing attempts. A more accurate statistic would be sacks per attempt which went from 9.43% (30/318) in the first 8 games to 8.22% (24/292) in the 2nd 8 games.

A small improvement.

Still a pathetic performance.

Miami allowed 25 sacks, for the entire year (1.56 per game), on 455 attempts for a ratio of 5.5%.

I used the numbers from ESPN.com and I know how to add. I went week to week through last season's results. Now if another source has 24, then one of them is obviously incorrect. :rolleyes:

A more accurate relationship of OL ability:

OL ability=atalent + bOLcoach + cdefenses faced + dQB ability + fRB ability + e

That's a multi-variate regression relationship. So many variables to accurately analyze any position, but I use the same logic I read here, so regression models may be a bit too much.

Take out the KC and Buffalo 1/2 game and he's the #3 rated QB in the league with a 93.8. But guess what, you can't take out games. All of them count. Neither of us made the playoffs.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

I used the numbers from ESPN.com and I know how to add. I went week to week through last season's results. Now if another source has 24, then one of them is obviously incorrect. :rolleyes:

So sorry, but you are still wrong!!!!!!!!!!

According to ESPN.com

" SACK
GAMES 1-8 30
GAMES 9-16 24 "

And, oh yeah, I took statistics too. But the first rule of statistics is to make sure your underlying data is correct.

Check it again, genius

Back
Top Bottom