Fiedler = #1 rated passer on 3rd down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler = #1 rated passer on 3rd down

Hes been masterful thus far, save that one lousy quarter vs the Chiefs. He has sustained drives and has been playing smart, efficient ball.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Hes been masterful thus far, save that one lousy quarter vs the Chiefs. He has sustained drives and has been playing smart, efficient ball.

Take away that 1 quarter and he would be the highest rated QB in the league. Still he is right around the 2-1 ratio on TDs to ints, as long as he stays in that area this team will win a lot of games.

He sucks...

... no matter how well he may do, some will always think that. It's a shame, but that's just the way it is. I can see it now. He and the Dolphins win the title, and all some ppl will say is he didn't have a long ball TD, he still sucks.

But on a serious note, that's a good sign for him and the Dolphins offense. Not only did he make wise choices, but his receivers were getting open when it counted and they also made clutch catches. I can't wait to see how good this offense is going to be once Norv opens up his entire playbook.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Heh, it's not just Ricky why we control the clock. :)

My hope is Fiedler continues to stay poised

this Sunday night against Denver. I'm not sure what kind of pass rush we can expect, but obviously converting on third down is key. I know stat wise we are very closely matched against Denver and our QB's are neck and neck. The edge may go to Denver because of home field advantage, but I still feel good about this game (partly because we have won in Denver before) , but mainly because we are more balanced.

Here's to a win Sunday night:drinkers:

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Heh, it's not just Ricky why we control the clock. :)
this will be the key to our late/post-season success. whenever we play a tough D, we need to make a high pct of first downs so that we can keep w/the game plan of running RW as much as possible to our D off the field

It was more about the people saying that Ricky made it possible for Jay to do well because he controlled the clock and got first downs. Actually, it was the opposite. If Jay didn't keep converting first downs, Ricky wouldn't have had the opprotunity to rush for 36 times. If you rush for 36 times with a 2.9 ypc average, you QB is doing his job. I remember against the Pats, one of our first downs went like this.

1st down: Ricky no gain
2nd down: Ricky no gain
3rd down : Jay to Chambers for 14 yards. First down.

Jay Fiedler is a good Quarterback.

984 - my point was that Ricky's running helped the team. He helped our D more than anyone. Jay's third conversions is what led to us scoring some points despite a solid game by the Pats' D :D

Please tell me where you found this stat that Fielder is number 1 qb on third downs.

Jay wouldn't be where he is right now without Ricky, but Jay has done a great job and you have to give him credit for it. He doesn't have a ton of yards but he is on pace to get over 3,000 and he has been very efficient all season except for the last 8 minutes of the Cheifs game.

This just shows that Jay is one of the most valuable players on this team. Last year he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks. Now he is leading in 3rd down passer rating. That shows that he gets the job done when it counts. He may not have pretty numbers or a pretty long ball, but when it counts, he's a winner. And winner's win football games. And wins get you championships. Jay is the man, with or without Ricky Williams. He deserves a Super Bowl more than anybody in the league.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
He may not have pretty numbers or a pretty long ball, but when it counts, he's a winner. And winner's win football games. And wins get you championships. Jay is the man, with or without Ricky Williams. He deserves a Super Bowl more than anybody in the league.

If this isn't the most biased opinion i have ever seen, i don't know what is. Jay is horrible in the clutch. Look at his playoff record and the lack of big plays when needed.

Come on most Fin fans will even agree with that.

Originally posted by storm damage

If this isn't the most biased opinion i have ever seen, i don't know what is. Jay is horrible in the clutch. Look at his playoff record and the lack of big plays when needed.

Only the Jets fans who masquerade as Fin fans because they note the Jets suck.:jetssuck:

Damn you sound like...

... a lot of posters on the DD MBoard who all say they are Dolphin fans. Go figure.

Oliver...

Originally posted by storm damage

Back
Top Bottom