Fiedler has arm strenght?.............

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Fiedler has arm strenght!.............

By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Turner compares Fiedler to Trent Green and Brad Johnson, two quarterbacks he had success with in Washington. Like Green and Johnson, Fiedler had to wait years for his chance to play. Like Green and Johnson, Fiedler is smart and makes good decisions. The idle time made Fiedler a good student, but Turner is thrilled about some of Fiedler's throwing skills.

"He's similar to Brad and Trent as far as arm strength and accuracy, but his deep arm is the thing that's exciting," Turner said. "We've had great success with the deep ball in practice. I hope it will be a big part of what we do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"but his deep arm is the thing that's exciting"

Turner compares Fiedler arm strenght to Johnson ......What you guys think ?

I think both Green and Johnson have the edge on intermediate routes like out routes. However, I'm just going to have to wait until I see it before I believe Norv about the deep ball.

I know Fiedler has the ability to get the ball out deep and it looks like a nice ball, no Randall Cunningham deep ball or nothing but a pretty nice ball, it was always just the accuracy that hurt. Always overthrown by a few feet or underthrown too much. I said it last year though that the only difference between Fiedler's season and being a pro bowl QB, was a few feet on his deep balls. If he was just a few feet more accurate on his deep balls, even only 60% of the time, his TD total would have jumped up by probably about 7 or 8 TDs, and his yardage probably would have jumped 300 yards. Not to mention, we probably would have won more games...

His arm strenght is known not to be Fiedler best attributes but now Turner says His arm strenght is right there with Johnson and Green.I find it hard to believ but Turner might see something we don't..Although deep passes rely alot on timing..

I'm not sure about what conception you have about Trent Green and Brad Johnson's arms, but they certainly do not have the best of arms either. They are not top tier, and their armstrength has never BEEN their best attributes.

Like I said they only have a slight edge on Fiedler in velocity on those intermediate passes.

I never watch Johnson play and going From what I heard from other is that Johnson has good arm strenght.Keith Box had a post on his msg board saying that Johnson is bound to be at Miami and that his arm strenght ideal for Turner system...

One thing about Brad Johnson is that he won't throw the ball deep unless he's got his man wide open. That's why Bobby Bowden would not start him at FSU. He wouldn't throw downfield. Fiedler is fearless. And that is a good thing.

How bad does it look when guys like Peter Tom Willis and Casey Weldon start over you your entire collegiate career. Because they were fearless.

KB was just recycling a rumor that was on Pro Football Talk or something like that. I read it with my own eyes. It was nothing but pure speculation and guesswork. They weren't claiming that they had heard anything. Just throwing out there as a possibility. Then KB comes along a few weeks later and posts the exact same thing.

minus, no offense but, can you guess what sentence I will make with these words......KB, credibility, window and out? The man's sheer hatred of Fiedler skews all his views.

I think Feidler is a notch above the DLG qb...He has better leadership and faith of his teammates. His arm is better than average and his ability to move outside the pocket make him harder to prepare for.

The one area of improvement I would like to see out of Jay would be to not "disappear" in games. If he comes out and our offense performs up to what they are capable of...then we should have no problem scoring.:D

Yup been saying it for 2.5 years...

Originally posted by minus
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Turner compares Fiedler to Trent Green and Brad Johnson, two quarterbacks he had success with in Washington. Like Green and Johnson, Fiedler had to wait years for his chance to play. Like Green and Johnson, Fiedler is smart and makes good decisions. The idle time made Fiedler a good student, but Turner is thrilled about some of Fiedler's throwing skills.

"He's similar to Brad and Trent as far as arm strength and accuracy, but his deep arm is the thing that's exciting," Turner said. "We've had great success with the deep ball in practice. I hope it will be a big part of what we do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"but his deep arm is the thing that's exciting"

Turner compares Fiedler arm strenght to Johnson ......What you guys think ?

... Fiedler has a good arm, good enough to throw a nice deep ball. It's just that so many try and compare him to Marino. That's not a fair comparison for most QB's that have lasers for arms let alone a QB with an arm like Fiedler's or Trent Green's.

Fiedler does not have a GREAT arm, but he has a GOOD arm. IMO to throw a nice deep ball you need to put loft on it, something Fiedler does well. And I don't think loft in a deep pass is a sign of lack of arm strength. To me it's a sign of a smart QB so long as he has a GOOD arm to go with that. This is one of the main problems I have with Lucas. He wouldn't know loft on a deep throw from putting touch on a short pass.

Fiedler has a lot to prove without a doubt. He has to over come his avg to poor play against play off teams and of course his INT problems. But as far as a 3rd year starter I think Fiedler is doing a nice job overall.

As far as what KB has to say about Fiedler, he hates Fiedler because he is Jewish, he has said as much. He also wanted Gadsden to choke Fiedler to death during a game so he could see Fiedler die on TV.

Oliver...

He also said that McKnight should have punched Jay in the face for being tackled onto McKnight's leg.

I'm surprised...

Originally posted by Muck
He also said that McKnight should have punched Jay in the face for being tackled onto McKnight's leg.

... the Dolphins training facility is still standing seeing as how he said he would burn it down if Fiedler started in 2001.

I don't know if you saw KB's post about him holding another human beings intestines in his hands? Well all I have to say is the guy is either looking for attention or he's really a space cadet.

Oliver...

This is one of the main problems I have with Lucas. He wouldn't know loft on a deep throw from putting touch on a short pass

I agree with all your main points about Fiedler, Keith Box, etc except this one. Ray Lucas put some good "loft" under that 23 yard TD to Chambers the other day, and good that he did because it was a spot throw not a man throw.

I'm looking at the play...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
This is one of the main problems I have with Lucas. He wouldn't know loft on a deep throw from putting touch on a short pass

I agree with all your main points about Fiedler, Keith Box, etc except this one. Ray Lucas put some good "loft" under that 23 yard TD to Chambers the other day, and good that he did because it was a spot throw not a man throw.

... right now and I agree it was a nice throw. Just the right amount fo ZIP and loft. I wish Lucas would do that all the time. If he could have done that with any consistency he may have ended up being a starting QB some where.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom