Fiedler has sprained knee ligament | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler has sprained knee ligament

Well goody, now to really add some fuel to the fire...

This season is going to go up in smoke here real quick. Devastating loss, injuries are sstarting to mount up. The offense is Detroit Tigerish and we have a craptacular HC to top it off. Get ready for a freefall boys and girls.

We improved our strength (D) and did little about our weakness (WR,OL,QB) so it's not surprising. Still I believe we are better this year than ever.

The problem is that a lot of team are better this year too.

I just want to know how Jay Fiedler can be experiencing both stiffness and looseness in his knee? :lol:

Fiedler was 2-of-5 for 48 yards in overtime, while wearing a brace to protect the knee. He also threw an interception on the Dolphins' final overtime drive.
maybe the knee brace is why he underthrew on 2nd down and 3rd down in OT. the 3rd down play being the pick...

take away those 2 throws - which are likely due to injury and 2 others and he passed pretty well. All I know is an immobile Jay is a bad sign for our already questionable O

Originally posted by Samphin
I just want to know how Jay Fiedler can be experiencing both stiffness and looseness in his knee? :lol:

Because this is how they will justify sitting him for a week or so and putting Griese in. The coaches don't want to blame themselves or Mare or the OL for this loss.
They really can't put the blame on Fiedler because he executed the game that they called. This will quite the screamers until Griese starts losing.

As stupid as that sounds about the stiffness and looseness of the knee it is possible, its the swelling of the knee that cause the stiffness and it the ligament that allow the knee to move in ways it not suppost to, when you see the trainers moving the knee around they are checking how loose the knee is to see if there is ligament damage.

more on this....

Dolphins: Fiedler has sprained knee ligament
Dolphins’ head coach Dave Wannstedt will update his condition on Wednesday, but might give Fiedler’s backup Brian Griese some snaps with the first team in practice this week in preparation for next Monday night’s game against the Chargers.

Originally posted by Samphin

Actually I have personally experienced it. When the knee is injured often it is wobbly and the joint is loose. It is also unstable to stand on and wobbly if you try to put any pressure on it. It is also stiff when it swells up. Also when the joint is hurt, the joint does not move very easily, resulting in a stiff joint sensation.

Never would I of wished an injury to Fiedler.. I wanted Griese ot get a chance just by benching Fiedler.. Very unfortunate and hopefully it is not very serious so that he will be ready to go when alled up to play..

Drew Rosenhaus was right by saying that Griese will start by mid-season.....under a different circumstance though. If Griese starts.

Back
Top Bottom