Fiedler Hates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler Hates

PhiNomina

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Fiedler Haters

I can completely understand not wanting Jay as our quarterback, BUT why does everyone hate him so much as a PERSON. He goes out there does the best he can. If he could play better he would. I can't believe people will come on here and yell and scream at him for nothing. He was innaccurate so he hurt Boston? Blame the coaching staff and FO for still having him on the team.

People act like he is trying to hurt the team, he is just doing the best he possibly can. I understand not wanting him as our QB, but please back off the personal insults. Here is a guy who plays through pain and works his *** off for us. It isnt his fault for his physical shortcomings...if it were that easy to improve why aren't some of you on the field throwing perfect spirals instead of behind a keyboard throwing immature comments?

That what happens when you have dan marino as QB for such a long time and not winning a sueprbowl, people get stupid

PhiNomina said:
I can completely understand not wanting Jay as our quarterback, BUT why does everyone hate him so much as a PERSON. He goes out there does the best he can. If he could play better he would. I can't believe people will come on here and yell and scream at him for nothing. He was innaccurate so he hurt Boston? Blame the coaching staff and FO for still having him on the team.

People act like he is trying to hurt the team, he is just doing the best he possibly can. I understand not wanting him as our QB, but please back off the personal insults. Here is a guy who plays through pain and works his *** off for us. It isnt his fault for his physical shortcomings...if it were that easy to improve why aren't some of you on the field throwing perfect spirals instead of behind a keyboard throwing immature comments?
thats a great quote. We cant blame the guy, when its really the FO's fault for keeping him.

I don't hate Jay, I personally think he's a great BACKUP QB. Somehow he's fooled this coaching staff into thinking he's a starter for the past 3 years. He's the guy you want coming off the bench who you know can move the team up and down the field. But he's not a starter. I think as a person he's great with all his charity work etc, he's just not a good QB.

Well, I don't think Fiedler should have ever been brought in to compete for the starting job. Miami should have had an understudy for Marino to prevent that.

However, I don't think Fiedler has been starting because he has fooled someone. He's been starting because the team has won with him in there, but more because Dave was burned in Chicago by changing quarterbacks every year. If he makes a change, he wants to be absolutely sure that it is an upgrade.

KBISBACK said:
Well, I don't think Fiedler should have ever been brought in to compete for the starting job. Miami should have had an understudy for Marino to prevent that.

However, I don't think Fiedler has been starting because he has fooled someone. He's been starting because the team has won with him in there, but more because Dave was burned in Chicago by changing quarterbacks every year. If he makes a change, he wants to be absolutely sure that it is an upgrade.
We did have an understudy his name was Damon Huard. And DW still gave Fiedler the starting job.

I love Jay Fiedler as a person. Hell, I love Dave Wannstedt as a person, but one is a backup quarterback and the other is a bad coach......Its really that simple

Although Jay might be "The Man " to take us to the dance he is one hell of a great guy and does alot for south florida and kids. His dad owns a summer camp 15 min from me and Jay comes and does a camp each year for the kids on football. I also met hims and he loves the fans as much as anybody and has a hell of alot of guts(remember the Raider game in 2001) so he deserves not to be knocked for anything. Give him a Randy Moss or Torry Holt with Chambers and I bet he becomes alot better of a QB.

dolfanrodney said:
Although Jay might be "The Man " to take us to the dance he is one hell of a great guy and does alot for south florida and kids. His dad owns a summer camp 15 min from me and Jay comes and does a camp each year for the kids on football. I also met hims and he loves the fans as much as anybody and has a hell of alot of guts(remember the Raider game in 2001) so he deserves not to be knocked for anything. Give him a Randy Moss or Torry Holt with Chambers and I bet he becomes alot better of a QB.
While Jay might be a nice guy that doesn't necessarily make him a good QB. He has had 4 yrs to prove he is good for us. I think he had his time he is backup quality at best. he just doesn't have quite the arm or accuracy. But I will give him credit for his guts. But having guts means taking a hit at a position that is crucial to make an offense run well. :spot: :nesucks:

PhiNomina said:

Don't bother, I've been saying the same thing since I first registered here.

But good post. ;)

marinotoclayton said:
While Jay might be a nice guy that doesn't necessarily make him a good QB. He has had 4 yrs to prove he is good for us. I think he had his time he is backup quality at best. he just doesn't have quite the arm or accuracy. But I will give him credit for his guts. But having guts means taking a hit at a position that is crucial to make an offense run well. :spot: :nesucks:

What were you reading? This thread wasn't evaluating his talent. Only asking why people "hate" Fiedler. Or at least talk like they do. It's not Fiedler's fault he's still on this team. He does his best everytime out there. So he doesn't have much god given talent? How can you fault a man for that.

You know, there was a thread earlier saying, God hates the phins. Or God is a Jets fan.

You know what I think it is? God is just disgusted with so many dolfans. :shakeno:

Personally, I think Fiedler has a great character, and is a very nice person. I had wished for his sucess for years, but professionally, i think good back-up is the best he is. Again, no knock on Jay personally, from me, just think he should be a back-up only.

Back
Top Bottom