Fiedler out SIX to EIGHT WEEKS! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler out SIX to EIGHT WEEKS!

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
The Sun-Sentinel just broke this story. The source was "an NFL source," who said he's having surgery tonight.

You would have NEVER thunk it from his all-smiles interview with Suzy Kolber. Winning is a great painkiller.

Anyway ... Lucas fans, I hope your enthusiasm for our back-up is warranted. It looks like he's in for the long haul.

I am a Jay fan and a Lucas fan. I will miss Jay, but I think Lucas can come in and we will be fine. He also has the heart of a warrior. I really don't think that there is that much difference between the two.

I'm concerned. I hope Lucas does good and he most likely will, but Fiedler is the man for this system.

Well, considering I've heard two weeks as well as six-eight, I'm pretty much going to keep my mouth shut until I know for sure. Either way, we gotta rest the season on Lucas' shoulders now.

Heres hoping Jay gets well soon.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Ray Lucas needs to step it up. I think he can do it. His arm strength could help us a lot with long passes. Go Dolphins!!!

In fairness, the system is VERY quarterback friendly, so that shouldn't be a hinderance. And it seems like I just read a Miami Herald about his preparedness regime. It should be interesting. Makes me glad we have a two-game cushion going into this period.

Question is will Norv scale back a little now to let Ray get into things.. or will he still play attack mode... I hope he sticks with attack, and I really hope Ray can handle it right out of the gates.

I'm not worried at all. Our next 3 weeks are not too bad. A bye week in 2 weeks, and the 2 games we play have weak run defenses. I smell a lot of Ricky for the next few weeks......

Well lucky for us... we are playing the weakest defense in the NFL next week, and we have a bye after that. Lucas should do well enough to hold his own against the Bills, and then will have two weeks to get fully assimilated with the offense and be ready for the Monday night showdown with the Packers.

All the Fiedler bashers out there who spewed drivel on the Herald Board all pre-season about how Lucas should start in place of Fielder - they've got to dancing in the streets right about now, right?

I agree

Originally posted by davster82
I am a Jay fan and a Lucas fan. I will miss Jay, but I think Lucas can come in and we will be fine. He also has the heart of a warrior. I really don't think that there is that much difference between the two.

Jay is better at quick reads, and more accurate IMO......but Ray Lucas has a stronger arm, and even better mobility.

We'll be fine, and when Jay is healthy he'll resume as the starter.

Originally posted by grooves12
Well lucky for us... we are playing the weakest defense in the NFL next week, and we have a bye after that. Lucas should do well enough to hold his own against the Bills, and then will have two weeks to get fully assimilated with the offense and be ready for the Monday night showdown with the Packers.

Well when we played KC they had the weakest defense in the league so I hope the guys don't get overconfident about this one. The Bills offense could give us a lot of trouble especially after a difficult game last night.

In that respect, GirlPhan, I think the injury is a bit of a blessing in disguise ... the team will be super-focused on getting Ray integrated into the offense and, thus, avoid any possible letdown.

Back
Top Bottom