Fiedler vs. Rookie QB who should start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fiedler vs. Rookie QB who should start

Ct Fin Freak 13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Assuming washington gets brunell and we dont get any other veteran qb who would everyone like to start qb for miami.
I would be in favor of a rookie simply because we all know that fiedler cant get it done he has to many limitations in his physical abilities as far as all the throws and accuracy needed to be a consistant qb. so I would go with a rookie with the physical tools to make every throw.

well, if it comes to that, and we don't have a probably starter out of the chute (Eli is the only one I'd trust out of hte shoot, and even then it would be a rocky road...Rivers I'm for mid-season), then I'm all for letting Sage get a crack at it, or BG if he comes back CHEAP.

Yes, he flopped last year, but consider this...

1. First year in a systemt hat he got a late start in. He was an after the first cut, not a normal acquisition

2. He was coming off being hurt

3. THe line totally failed him. Say what you want, but the line came back after Jay came back (2nd game I think was the most noticeable). They just hung Brian out to dry.

And like you said, we KNOW jay can't get it done. I'd hate to reward 4 years of mediocracy and injuries by giving him his job back. Somenthing needs to be done, starting with. Give another guy a fair shake, but puth te rookie in the minute he's ready.

If we have Fiedler and a rookie QB next year, start Fiedler and then have the rookie QB start in 2005. Rookie QBs just don't play well, Fiedler isn't great but he would definitely do a better job than a rookie QB.

Actually, we know Fiedler usually plays well enough for us to win about 6 out of the first 8 games. If we got an Eli or a Rivers then I would be fine with JF beginning the season as a starter.

IF Kitna or Brad Johnson are available, I would sign one of them to be the starter for next year.. Whatever young QB can learn behind them whether it's Henson, Rivers or Losman..

A rookie Eli or Rivers i would start over Jay. It cant get much worse and Rivers looks like he adjusts to new players QUICK. Any other rookie i would start jay.

I hope we draft Rivers and as soon as Henson gets signed by whatever team then we will know if we we draft Rivers or not, if we sign Henson then we won't draft Rivers

Back
Top Bottom