FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015

dreamstime_5983023_small.jpg

[video=youtube;S_IAqwrvEuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_IAqwrvEuU[/video]

Nice job ladies :brewskis:

Congratulations ladies, amazing win! Go USA!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I so don't follow soccer. However I saw on Facebook a picture that said something to the akin of woman's soccer is FIFA Champs. Yet the stats said they are in the finals. Which one is it?

I so don't follow soccer. However I saw on Facebook a picture that said something to the akin of woman's soccer is FIFA Champs. Yet the stats said they are in the finals. Which one is it?
The US Women's National Team just beat Japan in the finals of the Women's World Cup. It's over, we won.

That midfield shot was video game ****. It was about as fair as using Marino in Madden, ain't **** gonna stop 'em.

Congrats to our ladies. :1st:

But seriously, I think I understand why real soccer fans consider women's soccer everything but soccer. :lol:

90% of them can't even do a pass over 5 yards. :bobdole:

Congrats to our ladies. :1st:

But seriously, I think I understand why real soccer fans consider women's soccer everything but soccer. :lol:

90% of them can't even do a pass over 5 yards. :bobdole:

I like women's soccer better than men, I don't really like either but I enjoy the women's WC better than the men's. probably b/c our women's team is really good and can win championships while the men have no chance but I still enjoy the women more.

I like women's soccer better than men, I don't really like either but I enjoy the women's WC better than the men's. probably b/c our women's team is really good and can win championships while the men have no chance but I still enjoy the women more.
Yeah, that and Alex Morgan!

Much better to watch ladies running around in tight silk shorts than the dudes.

This world Cup was the highest viewed soccer event ever in the USA so i guess the country agrees as well :up:

Much better to watch ladies running around in tight silk shorts than the dudes.

This world Cup was the highest viewed soccer event ever in the USA so i guess the country agrees as well :up:

It only got higher viewership because the women's national team has a chance to win it all and it was in good TV time slots.
It is much tougher for a men's national team to rise. In the men's world every country competes to go the tournament. And despite putting up the best teams it was pretty much only 4 teams who shared the WC title since 1954: Brazil, Germany, Italy and Argentina. Only Spain, France and England broke into that quartet once each. 20 World Cups since 1930. 15 times won one of the those teams the title.
Want to make it look worse? The top 3 teams (Brazil, Germany, Italy) shared the title 13 out of 20 WCs.

I wasn't really very fond of our men's National Teams in the past. I felt they were quite arrogant without having proven themselves. But the last WC they were really fighting. They got down and dirty and tried hard to compete and I think they accomplished a lot last year. Klinsmann was the right choice. A Gold Cup win this month and a good showing next year at the Copa and it will do wonders.

FIFA is best served to keep the women's competition in our hemisphere. Nobody else around the world is really paying much attention. At least they get good viewership in the US and Canada.

It was really bad soccer. :lol:

Our best male athletes play football and basketball. If they played soccer we’d be competing for WC titles too. On the women’s side our best female athletes play soccer and basketball and we have top teams around the world in both sports.

As a Japan fan, just want to say that although the US deserved the win and the cup, I still prefer our brand of soccer. No, we don't have enough size/strength to ever win a World Cup (men or women), but the technical skill and clever playmaking are a treat to watch.

Yeah, I know, style points are for losers though. ;) Congrats to team USA!

Back
Top Bottom