Fifth Round Magic | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fifth Round Magic

I would probably use some of those 5th rounders to move up from their late 4th round pick.

The Fins pick at #70 and then not again until #35 of Round 4. There will be some good players in that mid 3rd to mid 4th round area.

I would be looking to target player I really like in the middle of Round 4. That could be a good spot to grab a RB.

They do not need to have drafted rookies, not to mention UDFA's.

I would probably use some of those 5th rounders to move up from their late 4th round pick.

The Fins pick at #70 and then not again until #35 of Round 4. There will be some good players in that mid 3rd to mid 4th round area.

I would be looking to target player I really like in the middle of Round 4. That could be a good spot to grab a RB.

They do not need to have drafted rookies, not to mention UDFA's.
I think Miami may try to trade pick #26 for a few mid round picks. Perhaps even another pick in 2021?

1/2 season doesn't make a good career.

I think Gase was an idiot for how he handled that whole situation, but what Ajai ever do besides that 5 game stretch?

Has a ring, I guess......
So keeping the team in front of the chains and putting Tannehill in 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 10 wasn't a help to the team?

So keeping the team in front of the chains and putting Tannehill in 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 10 wasn't a help to the team?
Dude, thread is about "5th rd magic"

Ajai had a good half season. Never did anything prior. Never did anything after.

When I am considering OPs lamentations about good late round picks, I am going to dismiss one trick ponies.

Dude, thread is about "5th rd magic"

Ajai had a good half season. Never did anything prior. Never did anything after.

When I am considering OPs lamentations about good late round picks, I am going to dismiss one trick ponies.
Led us to the playoffs...

Hell of a trick...all things considered for the past 20 years, magic if you ask me.

2019 - AVG
2018-no pick
2017 Isaac Asiata, and Godchaux
2016-no pick
2015-Mcain, Ajayi, Cedric Thompson, Tony Lippett
2014-Arthur Lynch, Jordan Tripp
2013-Caleb Sturgis, Mike Gillislee
2012-Josh Kaddu
2011-no pick
2010-Nolan Carroll, Reshad Jones
2009-John Nalbone, Chris Clemons

Our past 11 years of fifth round picks. A few hits on there, couple solid started and a pro bowler. Hopefully we can find another gem this draft. AVG really shined in that NE game, im hoping he continues to improve.

What's your take on Fromm, I've heard the NFL scouts are higher on Fromm than the media types. He's not getting much respect outside of NFL circles? Dillon would be a huge steal with Miami's 4th rounder, if he makes it that far. Not sure Miami has shown any interest in Dillon.
To me, Fromm went from way overrated early in the process to way underrated now. In the fall, we were hearing top 10 pick. Now, its 3rd/4th round.

Fromm reminds me of Kirk Cousins a little bit. Smart, accurate, good decision maker. He doesn't have a strong arm and isn't very athletic, but I think would be a perfect fit in New Orleans. Indoors, backup to Brees.

To me, Fromm went from way overrated early in the process to way underrated now. In the fall, we were hearing top 10 pick. Now, its 3rd/4th round.

Fromm reminds me of Kirk Cousins a little bit. Smart, accurate, good decision maker. He doesn't have a strong arm and isn't very athletic, but I think would be a perfect fit in New Orleans. Indoors, backup to Brees.
I think he's a perfect fit for Miami. The kid gets bashed, by lots of fans. But he's got the Football IQ that could make him successful, in the NFL.

How overstated is it?

ehh.... Ajayi had a really good year that year... or at least some great games. I dont think you can say he carried us into the playoffs by any means. He absolutely overtook some games, but lets look at it:

To me, he had 3 insane games, 1 pretty good game, 2-3 decent but couldve been better games, 3-4 where he didnt seem to be able to get much going, and the remaning few he was a nonfactor ... below average. and one game where he didnt even play, iirc due to attitude issues. So how much did he really put us on his back and carry us to the play offs? For 4 games? Maybe 6 if you wnt to be generous?

@sea - n/a ... left at home, was it?
@NE - 5 rushes / 14 yards & 4 rec / 31 yards. 1 fumble lost
vs CLE - 7 rush / 28 yards, 1 TD
@CIN - 6 rush / 33 yards & 2 rec / 13 yds
vs TENN - 13 rush / 42 yards, 1 TD
vs PIT - 25 rush / 204 yds, 2 TD & 1 rec / 3 yds
vs BUF - 28 rush / 214 yds, 1 TD & 1 rec / 2 yds
vs NYJ - 24 rush / 111 yds, 1 TD & 3 rec / 19 yds, 1 fumble (not lost)
@ SD - 19 rush / 79 yds & 1 rec / 1 yd
@ LA - 16 rush / 77 yds & 3 rec / 7 yds
vs SF - 18 rush / 45 yds, 1 TD & 1 rec / 11 yds
@ BALT - 12 rush / 61 yds & 6 rec / 26 yds
vs ARI - 20 rush / 48 yds & 1 rec / 15 yds, 1 fumble (not lost)
@ NYJ - 19 rush / 51 yds, 1 fumble (not lost)
@ BUF - 32 rush / 206 yds & 1 rec/ 3 yds
vs NE - 16 rush / 59 yds & 3 rec / 20 yds

I think he's a perfect fit for Miami. The kid gets bashed, by lots of fans. But he's got the Football IQ that could make him successful, in the NFL.
He could be. There's a lot to like about Fromm and if he's you're target you can build around him with early picks. I definitely think Fromm will outperform his draft status when all is said and done.

ehh.... Ajayi had a really good year that year... or at least some great games. I dont think you can say he carried us into the playoffs by any means. He absolutely overtook some games, but lets look at it:

To me, he had 3 insane games, 1 pretty good game, 2-3 decent but couldve been better games, 3-4 where he didnt seem to be able to get much going, and the remaning few he was a nonfactor ... below average. and one game where he didnt even play, iirc due to attitude issues. So how much did he really put us on his back and carry us to the play offs? For 4 games? Maybe 6 if you wnt to be generous?

@sea - n/a ... left at home, was it?
@NE - 5 rushes / 14 yards & 4 rec / 31 yards. 1 fumble lost
vs CLE - 7 rush / 28 yards, 1 TD
@CIN - 6 rush / 33 yards & 2 rec / 13 yds
vs TENN - 13 rush / 42 yards, 1 TD
vs PIT - 25 rush / 204 yds, 2 TD & 1 rec / 3 yds
vs BUF - 28 rush / 214 yds, 1 TD & 1 rec / 2 yds
vs NYJ - 24 rush / 111 yds, 1 TD & 3 rec / 19 yds, 1 fumble (not lost)
@ SD - 19 rush / 79 yds & 1 rec / 1 yd
@ LA - 16 rush / 77 yds & 3 rec / 7 yds
vs SF - 18 rush / 45 yds, 1 TD & 1 rec / 11 yds
@ BALT - 12 rush / 61 yds & 6 rec / 26 yds
vs ARI - 20 rush / 48 yds & 1 rec / 15 yds, 1 fumble (not lost)
@ NYJ - 19 rush / 51 yds, 1 fumble (not lost)
@ BUF - 32 rush / 206 yds & 1 rec/ 3 yds
vs NE - 16 rush / 59 yds & 3 rec / 20 yds

Ryan Tannehill had the best year of his Dolphin career. Sacked less than he has been in his career.

Am I to think the light came on because he got good, or was he actually the same Tannehill we always had...minus a constant pass rush in his face?

Speaking of pass rush in his face, was our offensive line suddenly good for one year...or did handing the ball off to Ajayi prevent Tannehill from looking at the sky 49 times a year?

Ajayi left the following year (good for him) and what happened to the team AND Ryan Tannehill?

Ryan Tannehill had the best year of his Dolphin career. Sacked less than he has been in his career.

Am I to think the light came on because he got good, or was he actually the same Tannehill we always had...minus a constant pass rush in his face?

Speaking of pass rush in his face, was our offensive line suddenly good for one year...or did handing the ball off to Ajayi prevent Tannehill from looking at the sky 49 times a year?

Ajayi left the following year (good for him) and what happened to the team AND Ryan Tannehill?
I thought this was about Ajayi, not Tannehill?

That year we had plenty of close games and we just were a well rounded team. If i remember right defense won games, special teams did as well? Ajayi took over and won some. Tannehill played lights out at times too. It’s no secret he plays better with decent protection and good running game... It was a solid TEAM effort to reach the playoffs that year. Ajayi played a part but he didn’t just do it all by himself

Back
Top Bottom