Film Highlights: Wisconsin Lb Andrew Van Ginkel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Highlights: Wisconsin Lb Andrew Van Ginkel

Hopefully he can be a player for us. Would be great value finding a productive player in the 5th

Those looping stunts seem very Patriot like. No wonder the 3 Yards Per Carry crew called him an ideal scheme fit.

I want the kid to be good. He's our only edge rusher in the entire class. But what I see is that he doesn't win 1v1's, he needs to be schemed open to generate pressure on the QB. I do really like that he creates takeaways, that's awesome. But if Van Ginkle succeeds, it will be because of the scheme working properly.

Agreed... the stunts.

He seems to have a nose for the gaps and circles into them quickly.

What I didnt see... drops into coverage.

I want the kid to be good. He's our only edge rusher in the entire class. But what I see is that he doesn't win 1v1's, he needs to be schemed open to generate pressure on the QB. I do really like that he creates takeaways, that's awesome. But if Van Ginkle succeeds, it will be because of the scheme working properly.

He’s also very athletic, quick and fast... this is a 4.5 linebacker

I don't care if he had a red cape with an "S" on it sticking out of his a**, we could have gotten him later.

This pick alone dropped the draft a grade level for me....

I don't care if he had a red cape with an "S" on it sticking out of his a**, we could have gotten him later.

This pick alone dropped the draft a grade level for me....

Only the sith deal in absolutes.

It's also very possible that he was the highest on Miami's draft board.

Lowering your "grade" a level because of a 5th round pick seems pretty comical to me.

Nobody in the NFL drafts 5th round picks as world-beaters. They draft them based on the potential for them to be a solid. He also fills a very specific role in this defense, as a blitzing linebacker who can also drop into coverage.

His athletic profile also jumps off the charts. He was an explosive and productive player in college. Quit getting your panties in a bunch about a player drafted 150 selections into the draft.

Only the sith deal in absolutes.

It's also very possible that he was the highest on Miami's draft board.

Lowering your "grade" a level because of a 5th round pick seems pretty comical to me.

Nobody in the NFL drafts 5th round picks as world-beaters. They draft them based on the potential for them to be a solid. He also fills a very specific role in this defense, as a blitzing linebacker who can also drop into coverage.

His athletic profile also jumps off the charts. He was an explosive and productive player in college. Quit getting your panties in a bunch about a player drafted 150 selections into the draft.

2 likes for this.

Hopefully he can be a Rob Ninokovich type player, great 5th round value.

Funny thing is Dennis Hickey claimed him off waivers from NO and then we waived/cut him a year or so later
he bounded back to NO and got trashed again and then lands in NE -- where his transition to LB was finally
completed! Point is he's far from a special player/athlete but persisted and gets the benefit of being used
effectively within his limitations.

Personally I don't see much resemblance to Van Ginkel -- who's a superior athlete and way longer longer looking
on the field wheres Ninkovich is "thick" and definitely looks like a converted stubby DE.

Tho I know you weren't really directly comparing them as players but R5 picks.

:)

Funny thing is Dennis Hickey claimed him off waivers from NO and then we waived/cut him a year or so later
he bounded back to NO and got trashed again and then lands in NE -- where his transition to LB was finally
completed! Point is he's far from a special player/athlete but persisted and gets the benefit of being used
effectively within his limitations.

Personally I don't see much resemblance to Van Ginkel -- who's a superior athlete and way longer longer looking
on the field wheres Ninkovich is "thick" and definitely looks like a converted stubby DE.

Tho I know you weren't really directly comparing them as players but R5 picks.

:)

Kyle Van Noy coming out was 6'3" and 243 pounds, and Van Ginkel is 6'3" and 241 pounds. Van Ginkel also tested much better (other than bench press) than Van Noy Did. Pro day shows he ran a 4.56 (which is probably closer to a 4.7) and he had a sub 7 3-cone at the combine.

He's super athletic. Just needs to get stronger

Kyle Van Noy coming out was 6'3" and 243 pounds, and Van Ginkel is 6'3" and 241 pounds. Van Ginkel also tested much better (other than bench press) than Van Noy Did. Pro day shows he ran a 4.56 (which is probably closer to a 4.7) and he had a sub 7 3-cone at the combine.

He's super athletic. Just needs to get stronger

Woah sub 7 three cone? That would’ve been good for a WR or CB!

Back
Top Bottom