Film Room: Josh Rosen’s 1st Pro Start | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Film Room: Josh Rosen’s 1st Pro Start

There was one team that wanted this guy more than the 30 other teams.

Put the guy on waivers and you'd see 25+ claims on him.

I agree...also with the way his contract was structured we are getting him at a very low price. I think this factored into the compensation.

AZ paid Rosen almost 12 million of his 17 mill contract in 2018...to my understanding that means we get his next 3 years for only that other 5 mill...we could have plenty of money to build around him if he succeeds as a Miami Dolphin

I’ve been saying the same thing. Stout D, bruising run game, win a lot of games...

Same recipe we used in the 70s. Worked then, it’ll work now.

For those of you who think that this is an antiquated system, that the “game has changed”, watch some videos of Bob Griese. He was no Marino, but the man could throw with some nice touch.

We ran a lot. We threw plenty. We stopped other teams offense. And we won.

Same recipe would work today. This whole “game has changed” thing is BS. It has changed, but out of desire for fireworks, high scoring games...asses in seats, marketing.

Not out of necessity.

The problem is that out of the 12 playoff teams last year only 2 or 3 were built like this....Chicago, Baltimore and Dallas. And none of them made it to even the title games let
alone the super bowl.

When you look at the top 2 teams from last year, and more importantly the top 4, the writing is on the wall.....

I don't prefer the way it seems to be going honestly but then again look at the way P.Mahomes plays....anyone think a "solid defense and stout run game" is going to keep up with him?

The problem is that out of the 12 playoff teams last year only 2 or 3 were built like this....Chicago, Baltimore and Dallas. And none of them made it to even the title games let
alone the super bowl.

When you look at the top 2 teams from last year, and more importantly the top 4, the writing is on the wall.....

I don't prefer the way it seems to be going honestly but then again look at the way P.Mahomes plays....anyone think a "solid defense and stout run game" is going to keep up with him?
Well the logic would be to control the clock and keep that guy off the field..

With Mahones and Murray I think the best defense is gonna be just that.. win a different way because getting your own Murray, Wilson or Mahomes is not gonna happen.

Well the logic would be to control the clock and keep that guy off the field..

With Mahones and Murray I think the best defense is gonna be just that.. win a different way because getting your own Murray, Wilson or Mahomes is not gonna happen.
Wow dj.

I always respect your opinions, but those 3 QBs dont really have that much in common, not to mention the fact that one of them has never even taken an NFL snap.

As to ball control mitigating the damage a prolific, high scoring offense, that is one proven formula.

It does, however, require a well above average defense.

I agree...also with the way his contract was structured we are getting him at a very low price. I think this factored into the compensation.

AZ paid Rosen almost 12 million of his 17 mill contract in 2018...to my understanding that means we get his next 3 years for only that other 5 mill...we could have plenty of money to build around him if he succeeds as a Miami Dolphin

Literally a no-brainer.

Not much to be skeptical about with this one.

Wow dj.

I always respect your opinions, but those 3 QBs dont really have that much in common, not to mention the fact that one of them has never even taken an NFL snap.

As to ball control mitigating the damage a prolific, high scoring offense, that is one proven formula.

It does, however, require a well above average defense.

And I yours Mach.

I disagree with them not having much in common..

1) All three have elite hi level playmaking ability..They can all escape using their Instincts, quickness, and athletic ability, with the accuracy to finish on the move.

2) All three have hi level passing talent in and out of the pocket.

3) all three have the intellect to cut you with their legs because it’s the right thing to do to establish the threat.

And yes I do believe Murray is going to be that good..

The reason why I had Wilson and Mahomes in becoming super star qbs coming out of college and being worthy of being the #1 overall pick was because of these traits..I Felt and feel the same about Murray.

I would even through Baker Mayfield in there as part of the new breed of QB. Wilson was the first to bring this style to the NFL but all 3 of these QBs can hang with Wilson if you ask me. A QB with great running skills isn't a new thing but Murry and Mahomes are crazy talented in this area. Mike Vick was super great with his legs and he still could beat you from the pocket. Fran Tarkington was amazing at getting tacklers to miss him and he won tons of games with his legs.

I would even through Baker Mayfield in there as part of the new breed of QB. Wilson was the first to bring this style to the NFL but all 3 of these QBs can hang with Wilson if you ask me. A QB with great running skills isn't a new thing but Murry and Mahomes are crazy talented in this area. Mike Vick was super great with his legs and he still could beat you from the pocket. Fran Tarkington was amazing at getting tacklers to miss him and he won tons of games with his legs.
Yes, I would put Baker in there two but for some different reasons, two favorite qbs of all alongside #13 was Steve young and Roger Staubach.. total dual threat qbs..

And I yours Mach.

I disagree with them not having much in common..

1) All three have elite hi level playmaking ability..They can all escape using their Instincts, quickness, and athletic ability, with the accuracy to finish on the move.

2) All three have hi level passing talent in and out of the pocket.

3) all three have the intellect to cut you with their legs because it’s the right thing to do to establish the threat.

And yes I do believe Murray is going to be that good..

The reason why I had Wilson and Mahomes in becoming super star qbs coming out of college and being worthy of being the #1 overall pick was because of these traits..I Felt and feel the same about Murray.

I’ll be curious to see if he can do the same things on this level...

I’ll be curious to see if he can do the same things on this level...
He’s special Blu, and I have no concerns about the frame and body type, I think folks are very off on him not being able to take hits, for various reasons.

He’s special Blu, and I have no concerns about the frame and body type, I think folks are very off on him not being able to take hits, for various reasons.

I’ll be very interested to see if he can overcome the heighth thing at this level...there is a big difference in talent.

I’ll be very interested to see if he can overcome the heighth thing at this level...there is a big difference in talent.
You seem skeptical, I’m not, would of did what Zona did.

You seem skeptical, I’m not, would of did what Zona did.

I get that... you may be right. Just seen too many of these mobile college QB’s come into the big leagues and get hurt by a much overall higher level of talent.

I’m not skeptical on his talent....skeptical on whether his size and propensity to run will hold up long term...it will be interesting.

I’m still a believer that the most efficient, long term winning answer at QB is the QB that has the arm, accuracy and can read defenses....can move around in the pocket to avoid the rush.... is mobile enough to run when necessary on a very limited basis.

That to me is the key to winning... keeping your QB on the field and off IR.

I also think 6’4” is preferable to 5’10”.... doesn’t mean the short guy can’t get it done... but there is an advantage to height.

I see the Brady’s, Manning’s, Rodgers, Brees etc etc... staying pretty healthy and winning Superbowls....I see the running QB having some success, sometimes short term(RG3)...or longer term (Cam Newton).... But more injuries and missed games.

If a running QB can control his urge and protect himself more... like a Russell Wilson, it can work.

Lol. Bob was great QB for sure and would have benefited from today's cupcake rules but let be honest here if we are throwing around "stat adjustments" to say that Griese would benefit 36,000 yards over his career which over his 14 years would have been an extra 2500+ yards per season. Lol.

Different era or not it's ludicrous to think anyone is getting an extra 2500 yards per season. It ain't Griese. It ain't Marino. It ain't anyone. In today's NFL Dan would have ended his career with thirteen 4000+ yard seasons and most likely three 5000+ yard seasons. That's assuming modest gains given the rule changes (500 yards over the season or 31ypg).

With that adjustment Dan would like have ended with 70,500 yards over his career. Also one huge factor here is longevity. Where guys like Griese would have gotten their biggest gains was in the health department. Marino would have benefited slightly there but not as much as the 60's and 70's QBs. Even if you give Griese three more years (17) and then tacked on an extra 1500 yards per season he finishes around 59,500 yards.

Surmising wins and loses is just that a guess. Griese has no more or less chance of winning multiple Super Bowls than Marino if they both play today. You simply do not know what other factors would lead to multiple Super Bowls.

Back
Top Bottom