Fin fan living in Tampa.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin fan living in Tampa....

they show a lot of fin games on regular tv in tampa...only if it doesnt conflict with the bucs theyll put on the dolphins...approx 10 games are televised

MelbournePhin said:
the waitresses expect that on NFL sunday. i usually just tip extra to make up for it. i lived in Tampa when i was in college. Beef O Bradys was a no-hassle place for me.

Where do you go?
Bunky's Raw Bar? :D

im a server at the ale house and it is true that we expect it.but you should keep in mind that you are taking up our tables for 3 hours.so if your bill was 30 bucks and you usually tip 20 percent which is considered normal rate now a days. that is still only 2 bucks an hour so its usually cool to leave some extra.alot of people dont realize that we only make 3.00 dollars an hour and not to mention we have to tip out 7 percent to all the support people(bussers expo bar)so if your bill is a hundred dollars and you give us 20 7.00 goes out to tip the others. so usually if your cool and take care of them its a good idea. and not to mention if ever needed a seat when its real busy i really have a good memory on who tips good.and trust me good tippers always seem to find a seat faster.also if you are by yourself and you are taking up a whole table be open to allowing other fans to sit with you share a table.its a good way to meet other fin fans and help out the server by allowing them more customers. thanks for worrying about us.

canefreek said:
im a server at the ale house and it is true that we expect it.but you should keep in mind that you are taking up our tables for 3 hours.so if your bill was 30 bucks and you usually tip 20 percent which is considered normal rate now a days. that is still only 2 bucks an hour so its usually cool to leave some extra.alot of people dont realize that we only make 3.00 dollars an hour and not to mention we have to tip out 7 percent to all the support people(bussers expo bar)so if your bill is a hundred dollars and you give us 20 7.00 goes out to tip the others. so usually if your cool and take care of them its a good idea. and not to mention if ever needed a seat when its real busy i really have a good memory on who tips good.and trust me good tippers always seem to find a seat faster.also if you are by yourself and you are taking up a whole table be open to allowing other fans to sit with you share a table.its a good way to meet other fin fans and help out the server by allowing them more customers. thanks for worrying about us.

:cry: get another job or don't work sundays

Dolphins9954 said:
Looking for any place that shows Dolphins games in the Brandon,Tampa area. Last year sucked because finding a place that showed fin games was next to immpossible. So if anyone has any suggestions please pass them along. Thanks.

Tampa Beef O'Brady's Various locations- they'll show Dolphins games upon request. Usually there are at least 10 to 20 Dolfans at either of the 2 northern locations for Dolphin games not usually shown on any of the local affiliates.

Tampa Ker's Wing House There are actually several Wing House's in the Tampa Bay area, but the best is on US 19, just north of Gandy Blvd. Ker was a member of the Dallas Cowboys, so there is a lot of sports memorabilia. The Wing House is much like a Hooters, but many prefer the slightly more casual atmosphere (you don't feel rushed to leave, and the ladies are much more down to earth). They have their own website at www.winghouse.com
Tampa
The Press Box on the corner of S. Dale Mabry Hwy and Platt St, just south of Kennedy Blvd Good Food, good football atmosphere. Lots of screens with various games. Obviously it's a Bucs haven. And it's usually packed on Gamedays. But they have two big screen TVs up front, and the Phins game is always on one of them. There's usually some Phins fans up front in jerseys watching the game.

Sports Bars in Tampa to watch the Fins

Dolphins9954 said:
Looking for any place that shows Dolphins games in the Brandon,Tampa area. Last year sucked because finding a place that showed fin games was next to immpossible. So if anyone has any suggestions please pass them along. Thanks.

Hey Dolphins9954,

Since your OP towards the end of May asking WHERE to watch Dolphin games along with fellow 'PhinFans in the greater Tampa area, have you found any places that you like since the '05 season started???

The reason I ask is because my wife and I just found out a few weeks ago that we'll be having to relocate to the Tampa area within the next month or so from South Florida based on her company promotion. Man....I'm already missing South Florida and we haven't even left the area yet.

Anyway, I know that I'll still be over here very close towards the end of the season. BUT, it's still nice to be able to KNOW just where to go and cheer on the 'Phins amongst fellow 'PhinFans when you're in another NFL franchises backyard! You know what I mean???

One DOESN'T have to think twice about that kind of thing when living in greater South Florida. Just about any sports bar will do!

So, any information you can lend would be greatly appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom